How About We Read All Of 'Em????

lol. Yes mind reader. If someone does not agree with you then they do not understand something.

Arrogant does not even come close.
Tell me what the significance is then. You’ve had plenty of time to google it by now.

I would take Trevor Noah's Born a Crime over Shakespeare any day. We had to compare Romeo and Juliet to West Side Story when I was in high school. Useless European cultural crap. Born a Crime was about different kind of European cultural crap in South Africa but much more up to date.

Yeah I read it. His mother was way cooler than mine.

I would take Trevor Noah's Born a Crime over Shakespeare any day. We had to compare Romeo and Juliet to West Side Story when I was in high school. Useless European cultural crap. Born a Crime was a different kind of European cultural crap but much more up to date.

Yeah I read it. His mother was way cooler than mine.

Censorship is one of the main methods of the Left, and in owning and operating government school, they are able to put it into effective use.

"Woke Teachers Are Ditching the Best Books​

Ideology over quality is the rule of the day when selecting summer reading.

View attachment 634991
The educators were asked two questions: Which books would they like to strip from the summer reading lists? And what books would they use instead? The results of this very limited poll (remember, only 100 people had a say) reflect a disturbing trend that we have seen in our education standards.

According to the poll, here are the top 10 books that should be removed from the summer reading lists: To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee; Shakespeare’s Works — an anthology of plays by the Bard; The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald; Hatchet by Gary Paulson; Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger; The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton; Lord of the Flies by William Golding; The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck; Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain; and Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Honorable mentions include Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë and George Orwell’s 1984.

To replace these works, here are the 10 titles that the poll suggested as replacements: New Kid by Jerry Craft; The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas; Firekeeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley; Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds; Stamped by Jason Reynolds and Ibram X, Kendi; The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo; All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely; Born a Crime by Trevor Noah; Front Desk by Kelly Yang; and I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez. All of these books have strong social justice themes and are written by more diverse authors. They are, presumably, easier reads with more contemporary, relatable material."

View attachment 634995

Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.
Vladimir Lenin.
Retard. Did you even read what you posted? Do you know how to read or do you just cut/paste?

This survey isn't about censoring and removing books. This is about what books should be culled from summer reading. Some of the teachers feel that these books may be boring for summer reading. A far cry from banning the books, you idiot.

Next time, when posting a thread on reading, it would be better if you took the advice and learned to read. Will help you look less of a fool. Good luck. :itsok:

You can't be considered an adult if you haven't read the "Grapes of Wrath". LOL

Do yourself a favor and give it a go. It's a very good read.
I never read it.

But when I first read your post sometime ago, Darkwind, I downloaded a copy to my Nook. I am now reading it. The book is very well written (I’m about 25% into it so far). The liberal ideology of its famous author is quite clear. And I disagree with it.

Nevertheless, your recommendation seems spot on. The book deserves to be famous and to be read.

I never read it.

But when I first read your post sometime ago, Darkwind, I downloaded a copy to my Nook. I am now reading it. The book is very well written (I’m about 25% into it so far). The liberal ideology of its famous author is quite clear. And I disagree with it.

Nevertheless, your recommendation seems spot on. The book deserves to be famous and to be read.
Read every Steinbeck I could find.

Forum List

Back