How About We Read All Of 'Em????

Hi PC, how you been, was looking if you posted recently and saw this thread. I love the word 'woke' like so many slogans words it is just a label, a word to keep the person from thinking. The republicans and so called conservatives today are like trained parrots: Email Laptop Hunter Bengasi woke etc etc. No need to think is there. MAGA was a fascinating one too, as all authoritarians use abbreviations as tools to fool. Take care, if you want a challenge read book below but I doubt you could or would. ;) Sorry two books, both deep reads.

'Strongmen Mussolini to the Present' 'What modern authoritarian leaders have in common (and how they can be stopped).' Strongmen

Ruth Ben-Ghiat: 'Any society can be susceptible to strongman figures if it's the right time.'

'The Road to Unfreedom: Russia, Europe, America' Timothy Snyder

STFU commie shill shitbag. I bet you don't know who Uncle Remus is, or Brer Rabbit, or Huck Finn's black buddy's name. If you could post about all that within 2 minutes I'd believe you did it without Googling and actually knew about it, but I have doubts that will happen.

Go on and read some more "Communist Manifesto" and "Mein Kampf", motherfucker! :fu:

Last edited:
In Dubious Battle should be a must read. It is very frank about the early American labor movement's ties to the Communist Party. The only thing it leaves out is how heavily financed the CPUSA was by Soviet intelligence.
Everyone wants to talk about how the unions supported the army and the military and the World War II effort the reality is it was the opposite. There was a unit from the 90th bomb group that was in Ypsilanti to pick up their B24 bombers but the Union had gone on strike so all the pilots and air crew went through town and if they found a Union guy they beat the crap out of him and they warned them that so long as they weren't getting their aircraft they were going to continue to do that. The aircraft were delivered very quickly after that.

Everyone wants to talk about how the unions supported the army and the military and the World War II effort the reality is it was the opposite. There was a unit from the 90th bomb group that was in Ypsilanti to pick up their B24 bombers but the Union had gone on strike so all the pilots and air crew went through town and if they found a Union guy they beat the crap out of him and they warned them that so long as they weren't getting their aircraft they were going to continue to do that. The aircraft were delivered very quickly after that.
In the early 1900s unions were a good thing in America. Notsomuch now.

They're irrelevant and charge people dues then fuck them over.

Except for The Grapws of Wrath (I have a very old copy, just haven't read it yet) I've read all of those. Most more than once because they are delightful reads.

It's a damn shame we allow this insane minority rule over us in so many ways.
I just threw out an original book the other day because it was messed up. Several pages right in the middle were FUBAR

Song of something..It was from the 1940s.

Controversial book at the time for whatever reason. German author, I think?

Something about nuns in a convent in Austria or Germany or something.
Originally written in German and translated in the early 40s.

Last edited:
I just threw out an original book the other day because it was messed up. Several pages right in the middle were FUBAR

Song of something..It was from the 1940s.

Controversial book at the time for whatever reason. German author, I think?

Something about nuns in a convent in Austria or Germany or something.
Originally written in German and translated in the early 40s.

The only "Song of" something I can think of is Song of the South. Uncle Remus, Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear, Tar baby... like that. Still my favorite from childhood. I 'bout wore the writing off the pages of that book.

The only "Song of" something I can think of is Song of the South. Uncle Remus, Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear, Tar baby... like that. Still my favorite from childhood. I 'bout wore the writing off the pages of that book.
Leftists did away with Uncle Remus. An American institution for well over a century.

This was "Song of Elizabeth" or something like that.

I loved Uncle Remus! I still have several Uncle Remus books.

Brer Rabbit and the Briar Patch. The damaged book was a translation from a German author; I wanna say "Wenz" but..meh.

I like "Sweet potato pie and a shut my mouth" better.

There might be another copy around, I have quite a library.

Last edited:
Censorship is one of the main methods of the Left, and in owning and operating government school, they are able to put it into effective use.

"Woke Teachers Are Ditching the Best Books​

Ideology over quality is the rule of the day when selecting summer reading.

View attachment 634991
The educators were asked two questions: Which books would they like to strip from the summer reading lists? And what books would they use instead? The results of this very limited poll (remember, only 100 people had a say) reflect a disturbing trend that we have seen in our education standards.

According to the poll, here are the top 10 books that should be removed from the summer reading lists: To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee; Shakespeare’s Works — an anthology of plays by the Bard; The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald; Hatchet by Gary Paulson; Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger; The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton; Lord of the Flies by William Golding; The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck; Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain; and Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Honorable mentions include Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë and George Orwell’s 1984.

To replace these works, here are the 10 titles that the poll suggested as replacements: New Kid by Jerry Craft; The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas; Firekeeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley; Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds; Stamped by Jason Reynolds and Ibram X, Kendi; The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo; All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely; Born a Crime by Trevor Noah; Front Desk by Kelly Yang; and I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez. All of these books have strong social justice themes and are written by more diverse authors. They are, presumably, easier reads with more contemporary, relatable material."

View attachment 634995

Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.
Vladimir Lenin.
The education system, from university training to the classroom at all levels, is corrupt with Leftism. It's time a solution for this serious societal problem is contemplated, discussed and an action plan to remedy this problem is agreed upon and implemented. Soon!

The education system, from university training to the classroom at all levels, is corrupt with Leftism. It's time a solution for this serious societal problem is contemplated, discussed and an action plan to remedy this problem is agreed upon and implemented. Soon!
Unless we can pry the schools from them, as earlier American pried their slaves from them.....America is lost.

Unless we can pry the schools from them, as earlier American pried their slaves from them.....America is lost.

Yup. Covid kind of screwed their plans up though. The parents were able to see what kind of garbage their kids were being taught and they are rebelling. Silly parents. How dare they interfere with the marxist plans!

Yup. Covid kind of screwed their plans up though. The parents were able to see what kind of garbage their kids were being taught and they are rebelling. Silly parents. How dare they interfere with the marxist plans!

I never believed parents would sacrifice their children into the maw of the great god government.

It's over.....we're simply circling the drain.

As for literature (and music), the logical approach would be to focus on the work that has stood the test of time...books and music that are still popular 50-100 and more years after it was created.

But the Wokesters want to pretend that recently created garbage from "disadvantaged" demographics deserve to be read and performed and listened to, regardless of its artistic merit. THis shows up in HS and college required reading lists, in symphony programs, in theaters (live performance), and to a lesser extent on the telly.

Like it or not, dead "white" men are the source of 90% of what is artistically worthwhile in our culture (same is true of technologically valuable). Maybe that won't be true in a hundred years, but showcasing garbage art today is not the path to happiness for anyone.

Sorry.

I never believed parents would sacrifice their children into the maw of the great god government.

It's over.....we're simply circling the drain.

They aren't. The parents are fighting back.

As for literature (and music), the logical approach would be to focus on the work that has stood the test of time...books and music that are still popular 50-100 and more years after it was created.

But the Wokesters want to pretend that recently created garbage from "disadvantaged" demographics deserve to be read and performed and listened to, regardless of its artistic merit. THis shows up in HS and college required reading lists, in symphony programs, in theaters (live performance), and to a lesser extent on the telly.

Like it or not, dead "white" men are the source of 90% of what is artistically worthwhile in our culture (same is true of technologically valuable). Maybe that won't be true in a hundred years, but showcasing garbage art today is not the path to happiness for anyone.

Sorry.

" Compare the humanists' hunger for learning with the resentment of a Columbia University undergraduate, who had been required by the school's core curriculum to study Mozart. She happens to be black, but her views are widely shared, to borrow a phrase, "across gender, sexuality, race and class."

"Why did I have to listen in music humanities to this Mozart?" she groused in a discussion of the curriculum reported by David Denby in "Great Books," his 1997 account of re-enrolling in Columbia's core curriculum. "My problem with the core is that it upholds the premises of white supremacy and racism. It's a racist core. Who is this Mozart, this Haydn, these superior white men? There are no women, no people of color." These are not the idiosyncratic thoughts of one disgruntled student; they represent the dominant ideology in the humanities today.

"Is Schuman content with a situation in which a Columbia student rails against having been asked merely to listen to Mozart because Mozart is a dead white male? Where might that student have picked up that attitude if not from the academy and its offshoots? Whiteness studies, black studies, feminist studies, and queer studies are not a fever dream of the “neocons.” For decades now, students have been taught to search for an echo of their own “voices” in the books they read and to reject those works that they believe “exclude” them, a remarkably narrow approach to the arts... Why not revel in the far more eloquent and surprising “voices” of Dreiser, Beerbohm, or Wells, for example, whose understanding of human passions and ability to craft sentences of stunning beauty and precision far outstrip our own?." Nothing More Timeless Than Ignorance

They aren't. The parents are fighting back.

Is government still in operation?

You anticipate any ending????

"Indiana school admin explains how schools teach CRT without using that term: 'We're lying'

'When we tell you Critical Race Theory isn't taught in our schools we're lying'

"When we tell you that our schools aren’t teaching Critical Race Theory, that it’s nowhere in our standards, that’s misdirection," Indianapolis district science coordinator, instructional coach, and administrator Tony Kinnett posted on Twitter Thursday.

"We tell our teachers to treat our students differently based on color. We tell our students every problem is a result of ‘white men’ and that everything Western Civilization built is racist. Capitalism is a tool of white supremacy. Those are straight out of Kimberle Crenshaw’s main points verbatim in ‘Critical Race Theory: The Key Writings that Formed the Movement.’"

Indiana school admin explains how schools teach CRT without using that term: 'We're lying'

A school administrator in Indiana went viral after posting a video explaining that Indiana schools are teaching Critical Race Theory and intentionally deceiving concerned parents about whether or not their children are being subjected to it.
www.foxnews.com

“Teacher Decorates Classroom with ‘F- The Police, F- AmeriKKKa’ Posters

A Los Angeles parent slammed what he called the “disgusting brainwashing of students with taxpayer dollars” after discovering profane, anti-American propaganda in his child’s public school classroom. Parents Defending Education, a national nonprofit exposing activism in the classroom, reported that a teacher at Alexander Hamilton High School had posted a transgender flag, Black Lives Matter flag, Palestinian flag as well as a profane poster that read “F-Amerikkka.” This is a great example of how anti-American propagandists have turned taxpayer-funded classrooms into indoctrination centers for leftist ideas.” Teacher Decorates Classroom with 'F- The Police, F- AmeriKKKa' Posters - Todd Starnes

“Pro-Antifa High School Teacher in California Admits Communist Indoctrination of Students ... ‘I Have 180 Days to Turn Them into Revolutionaries’ … Other Teachers ‘on the Same Page’ … ‘There is a Reason Why These Kids are Becoming Further Left’”

Is government still in operation?

You anticipate any ending????

"Indiana school admin explains how schools teach CRT without using that term: 'We're lying'

'When we tell you Critical Race Theory isn't taught in our schools we're lying'

"When we tell you that our schools aren’t teaching Critical Race Theory, that it’s nowhere in our standards, that’s misdirection," Indianapolis district science coordinator, instructional coach, and administrator Tony Kinnett posted on Twitter Thursday.

"We tell our teachers to treat our students differently based on color. We tell our students every problem is a result of ‘white men’ and that everything Western Civilization built is racist. Capitalism is a tool of white supremacy. Those are straight out of Kimberle Crenshaw’s main points verbatim in ‘Critical Race Theory: The Key Writings that Formed the Movement.’"

Indiana school admin explains how schools teach CRT without using that term: 'We're lying'

A school administrator in Indiana went viral after posting a video explaining that Indiana schools are teaching Critical Race Theory and intentionally deceiving concerned parents about whether or not their children are being subjected to it.
www.foxnews.com

“Teacher Decorates Classroom with ‘F- The Police, F- AmeriKKKa’ Posters

A Los Angeles parent slammed what he called the “disgusting brainwashing of students with taxpayer dollars” after discovering profane, anti-American propaganda in his child’s public school classroom. Parents Defending Education, a national nonprofit exposing activism in the classroom, reported that a teacher at Alexander Hamilton High School had posted a transgender flag, Black Lives Matter flag, Palestinian flag as well as a profane poster that read “F-Amerikkka.” This is a great example of how anti-American propagandists have turned taxpayer-funded classrooms into indoctrination centers for leftist ideas.” Teacher Decorates Classroom with 'F- The Police, F- AmeriKKKa' Posters - Todd Starnes

“Pro-Antifa High School Teacher in California Admits Communist Indoctrination of Students ... ‘I Have 180 Days to Turn Them into Revolutionaries’ … Other Teachers ‘on the Same Page’ … ‘There is a Reason Why These Kids are Becoming Further Left’”

Yes, I do. The parents are having to undo decades of indoctrination.

It is a start. The fact that the teachers union felt compelled to have the fbi declare them as terrorists tells you they are worried.

Forum List

Back