How About This Voter ID Alternative?

Everyone will be allowed to vote regardless of ID. If they have no ID they will simply cast a provisional ballot that will be counted after their identity has been verified. Simple, fare, cheap & accurate.
If THAT is done in ALL states, there is little concern. There may be a few instances wherein poll workers turn people away. Errors will happen, that I accept.
If they don't register and prove their identity, they are not eligible.

Correct. And if unions OR Walker supporters trot in BUSLOADS of out of state voters, who somehow many to vote, in the recall election, may either or both be IMPRISONED.

Compare the cost of the various state laws restricting the CONSTITUTIONAL right to vote with the cost of respecting the CONSTITUTION.

Hate to tell you this but there is no "Constitutional right to vote". Now there are parts of the Constitution that say voting cannot be denied based upon certain criteria (race, gender, etc), but states handle the distribution of their electoral votes mostly by themselves and there's nothing in the Constitution that guarantees anyone the initial right to vote.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of effort and expense when most people have a driver's license or state ID all ready. These IDs are for other purposes too and don't represent a direct cost due to an election. Preventing fraud is a reasonable expectation of folks who are voting. Often in society we as law abiding citizens are forced to make efforts, because of those who would break the law.
Compare the cost of the various state laws restricting the CONSTITUTIONAL right to vote with the cost of respecting the CONSTITUTION.

I would compare if I could find such a law that is being practiced today. Couldn't find one though....
any alleged infringement of the right of citizens to vote must be carefully and meticulously scrutinized.

It has been and the so called infringement is nothing more than bullshit scare tactics. Show where voter ID laws are so damn harmful.

Electronic Poll Roster Suggested as Voter ID Alternative

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Gov. Mark Dayton and Secretary of State Mark Ritchie say they have found an alternative to the voter identification push at the state Capitol, unveiling an electronic roster system that would utilize the photographs that are already in the state's file system instead of a physical ID.

"There are 84,000 people who don't carry a photo ID -- don’t' need it, but their photo could be inside of the system and right there," Ritchie said. "The individual who simply lost their wallet -- or had their wallet stolen, their photo is inside the system."

Ritchie says this alternative would eliminate the need for voters to present an ID at the polls.

Some stores ask me for my ID when using my plastic, so looking at the name and picture and I have no problem with them picking on me because I'm white. I thank them as it for my safety.

Everyone will be allowed to vote regardless of ID. If they have no ID they will simply cast a provisional ballot that will be counted after their identity has been verified. Simple, fare, cheap & accurate.
If THAT is done in ALL states, there is little concern. There may be a few instances wherein poll workers turn people away. Errors will happen, that I accept.

Provisional ballots are mandated by federal law for federal elections. No state, precinct or poll worker can turn people away for not having photo ID or not being on the voter roll. They will be allowed to vote.

Seems like a lot of effort and expense when most people have a driver's license or state ID all ready. These IDs are for other purposes too and don't represent a direct cost due to an election. Preventing fraud is a reasonable expectation of folks who are voting. Often in society we as law abiding citizens are forced to make efforts, because of those who would break the law.

"most people have a driver's license or state ID all ready"

Are you shitting me

Everybody...not most people are entitled to vote. What is your problem

I've collected a lot of straws from other liberals. You want one? It seems you're grasping at them pretty hard. :eusa_whistle:

Are you high or something? You have been bullshitting for so long here....you may have actually convinced yourself that you matter.

So prove the military vote is counted accurately and included as it should be. These are valid voters being disenfranchised. Where is your outrage? Stay on topic, if you dare.

Did I ever claim that the military vote is counted accurately? Why have you changed the topic to this? Are you yearning to be outraged?

You are very lame.

Hate to tell you this but there is no "Constitutional right to vote". Now there are parts of the Constitution that say voting cannot be denied based upon certain criteria (race, gender, etc), but states handle the distribution of their electoral votes mostly by themselves and there's nothing in the Constitution that guarantees anyone the initial right to vote.

Actually those sections of the Constitution don't simply say votes can't be denied based on certain charactersisticss, they say the right to vote can't be denied.

Amendment 15
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Amendment 19
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Amendment 24
The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Amendment 26
The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.​

So ya, "the right of citizens of the United States to vote" is in the Constitution.

>>>>

Actually those sections of the Constitution don't simply say votes can't be denied based on certain charactersisticss, they say the right to vote can't be denied.

Amendment 15
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Amendment 19
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Amendment 24
The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Amendment 26
The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.​

So ya, "the right of citizens of the United States to vote" is in the Constitution.

>>>>
And all you have to do in order to vote is prove that you are indeed a US citizen.

Are you shitting me

Everybody... not most people, are able to get a valid photo ID for use while voting.

In every State that I know of, State ID will be issued free of charge if supplied for voting purposes at the request of the voter. There is no problem.

>>>>

I thought of ID issued at registration, this is better. Great idea.

I'm 77 years old. I registered to vote the first time in 1955. What about folks who have long since registered with their election commission.
What about the illegals and the dead?

I like it too. I'd be more enthused if they made it a fingerprint match interface if we're going high-tech with the effort. Then again, the idea of the usually very ancient poll worker trying to call up your prints makes me chuckle. Not a bad idea.

It needs to positively confirm the person presenting the Voter Registration Card is who the card says he or she is.

It needs to be provided at no direct cost to the voter; elsewise it's a poll tax

People have a major issue with a photo ID, but not with fingerprinting? :confused:

Are you shitting me

Everybody? No, not everybody. :eusa_eh:

How about offering up real evidence of widespread voter fraud before alienating people without ID's?

How is asking someone to prove they are legally eligible to vote alienating them? What are we supposed to do just believe you are who you say you are?

No really I am Billy the Kid what don't you believe me?

Last edited:
How about offering up real evidence of widespread voter fraud before alienating people without ID's?

How is asking someone to prove they are legally eligible to vote alienating them? What are we supposed to do just believe you are who you say you are?

No really I am Billy the Kid what don't you believe me?

If they are a citizen of this country... they are eligible to vote. When you apply for a voter registration card, you have to have proof of citizenship. You guys want to double down because someone on the radio told you that them "durn Libruls" are robbing yer "publican Candidates" out of 'lections... 'cause Glenn Savage Hannibaugh told yer so.

When in fact, it's voter suppression....You know it, I know it...and they know it too. Your side can't win without it.

Are you shitting me

Please show me where it says everyone is entitled to vote.

Hint: you won't find it.

Are you high or something? You have been bullshitting for so long here....you may have actually convinced yourself that you matter.

So prove the military vote is counted accurately and included as it should be. These are valid voters being disenfranchised. Where is your outrage? Stay on topic, if you dare.

Did I ever claim that the military vote is counted accurately? Why have you changed the topic to this? Are you yearning to be outraged?

You are very lame.

No, I can walk just fine. You claimed I was bsing, I called you on that claim and you failed to refute. If you can't add to the debtae, just watch. False outrage on your part.

Forum List

Back