How a US prison camp helped create ISIS

The US created ISIS by pitting one sect against the other in Iraq and generally being shitty to everyone there.
The War Crimes of Iraq s Saddam Hussein

Political Oppression:

Hussein openly idolized the former Soviet premier Joseph Stalin, a man notable as much for his paranoia-induced execution sprees as anything else. In July 1978, Hussein had his government issue a memorandum decreeing that anyone whose ideas came into conflict with those of the Baath Party leadership would be subject to summary execution. Most, but certainly not all, of Hussein's targets were ethnic Kurds and Shiite Muslims.

The Dujail Massacre of 1982:

In July of 1982, several Shiite militants attempted to assassinate Saddam Hussein while he was riding through the city. Hussein responded by ordering the slaughter of some 148 residents, including dozens of children. This is the war crime with which Saddam Hussein was formally charged, and for which he was executed.

The Barzani Clan Abductions of 1983:

Masoud Barzani led the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), an ethnic Kurdish revolutionary group fighting Baathist oppression. After Barzani cast his lot with the Iranians in the Iran-Iraq War, Hussein had some 8,000 members of Barzani's clan, including hundreds of women and children, abducted. It is assumed that most were slaughtered; thousands have been discovered in mass graves in southern Iraq.

The al-Anfal Campaign:

The worst human rights abuses of Hussein's tenure took place during the genocidal al-Anfal Campaign (1986-1989), in which Hussein's administration called for the extermination of every living thing--human or animal--in certain regions of the Kurdish north. All told, some 182,000 people--men, women, and children--were slaughtered, many through use of chemical weapons. The Halabja poison gas massacre of 1988 alone killed over 5,000 people. Hussein later blamed the attacks on the Iranians, and the Reagan administration, which supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq War, helped promote this cover story.

The Campaign Against the Marsh Arabs:

Hussein did not limit his genocide to identifiably Kurdish groups; he also targeted the predominantly Shiite Marsh Arabs of southeastern Iraq, the direct descendants of the ancient Mesopotamians. By destroying more than 95% of the region's marshes, he effectively depleted its food supply and destroyed the entire millennia-old culture, reducing the number of Marsh Arabs from 250,000 to approximately 30,000. It is unknown how much of this population drop can be attributed to direct starvation and how much to migration, but the human cost was unquestionably high.

The Post-Uprising Massacres of 1991:

In the aftermath of Operation Desert Storm, the United States encouraged Kurds and Shiites to rebel against Hussein's regime--then withdrew and refused to support them, leaving an unknown number to be slaughtered. At one point, Hussein's regime killed as many as 2,000 suspected Kurdish rebels every day. Some two million Kurds hazarded the dangerous trek through the mountains to Iran and Turkey, hundreds of thousands dying in the process.
Saddam was a bastard, we all know that but he never killed his people on the scale we did or are dying in the sectarian war. We could have done much better by them but we tried to own the place by totally destroying it's civil structure and replacing it with something we thought would be friendly to our interests.
That is not what brought this response and you know it......................You said we created ISIS by pitting sects against each other...........

Ummmm they were already against each other........and were being killed on massive scales..................

The Shia and Sunni have been at long before we ever showed up.
Never this bad, We destabilized the whole region by creating a place where they can come fight each other. We made Iraq into a permanent war zone, there is not going to be peace there until they get tired of killing, republicans were such fools to think we could pacify that much simmering animosity. Never should have went.
Never this bad......................Iran versus Iraq..................over a million dead for power and OOPS religious differences..............

Another at least half a million over time of Saddam's rule............

Nope........never this bad if we ignore the million and a half that died during his reign...........

shhhhh.....it was better then...................

For who...........the undertakers.

The US created ISIS by pitting one sect against the other in Iraq and generally being shitty to everyone there.
The War Crimes of Iraq s Saddam Hussein

Political Oppression:

Hussein openly idolized the former Soviet premier Joseph Stalin, a man notable as much for his paranoia-induced execution sprees as anything else. In July 1978, Hussein had his government issue a memorandum decreeing that anyone whose ideas came into conflict with those of the Baath Party leadership would be subject to summary execution. Most, but certainly not all, of Hussein's targets were ethnic Kurds and Shiite Muslims.

The Dujail Massacre of 1982:

In July of 1982, several Shiite militants attempted to assassinate Saddam Hussein while he was riding through the city. Hussein responded by ordering the slaughter of some 148 residents, including dozens of children. This is the war crime with which Saddam Hussein was formally charged, and for which he was executed.

The Barzani Clan Abductions of 1983:

Masoud Barzani led the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), an ethnic Kurdish revolutionary group fighting Baathist oppression. After Barzani cast his lot with the Iranians in the Iran-Iraq War, Hussein had some 8,000 members of Barzani's clan, including hundreds of women and children, abducted. It is assumed that most were slaughtered; thousands have been discovered in mass graves in southern Iraq.

The al-Anfal Campaign:

The worst human rights abuses of Hussein's tenure took place during the genocidal al-Anfal Campaign (1986-1989), in which Hussein's administration called for the extermination of every living thing--human or animal--in certain regions of the Kurdish north. All told, some 182,000 people--men, women, and children--were slaughtered, many through use of chemical weapons. The Halabja poison gas massacre of 1988 alone killed over 5,000 people. Hussein later blamed the attacks on the Iranians, and the Reagan administration, which supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq War, helped promote this cover story.

The Campaign Against the Marsh Arabs:

Hussein did not limit his genocide to identifiably Kurdish groups; he also targeted the predominantly Shiite Marsh Arabs of southeastern Iraq, the direct descendants of the ancient Mesopotamians. By destroying more than 95% of the region's marshes, he effectively depleted its food supply and destroyed the entire millennia-old culture, reducing the number of Marsh Arabs from 250,000 to approximately 30,000. It is unknown how much of this population drop can be attributed to direct starvation and how much to migration, but the human cost was unquestionably high.

The Post-Uprising Massacres of 1991:

In the aftermath of Operation Desert Storm, the United States encouraged Kurds and Shiites to rebel against Hussein's regime--then withdrew and refused to support them, leaving an unknown number to be slaughtered. At one point, Hussein's regime killed as many as 2,000 suspected Kurdish rebels every day. Some two million Kurds hazarded the dangerous trek through the mountains to Iran and Turkey, hundreds of thousands dying in the process.
Saddam was a bastard, we all know that but he never killed his people on the scale we did or are dying in the sectarian war. We could have done much better by them but we tried to own the place by totally destroying it's civil structure and replacing it with something we thought would be friendly to our interests.
That is not what brought this response and you know it......................You said we created ISIS by pitting sects against each other...........

Ummmm they were already against each other........and were being killed on massive scales..................

The Shia and Sunni have been at long before we ever showed up.
Never this bad, We destabilized the whole region by creating a place where they can come fight each other. We made Iraq into a permanent war zone, there is not going to be peace there until they get tired of killing, republicans were such fools to think we could pacify that much simmering animosity. Never should have went.
Never this bad......................Iran versus Iraq..................over a million dead for power and OOPS religious differences..............

Another at least half a million over time of Saddam's rule............

Nope........never this bad if we ignore the million and a half that died during his reign...........

shhhhh.....it was better then...................

For who...........the undertakers.
I never said it was great but it was their fight and we jumped in the middle of it. Because we intervened we now bear responsibility for the aftermath and have lost our moral standing in the world. Saddam only existed as a leader because we supported him and gave him the weapons he needed to fight a war with Iran and crush his opposition so even those horrors can be placed at the feet of American interventionism.

PM Bibi said I'll guarantee you if you take Hussein out it will stabilize the ME. Blame it on Bush, Cheney, Rumsfled, and Israel, and the other Zionist who wrote PNAC and whoever signed it, also those involved in Clean Break.

PM Bibi said I'll guarantee you if you take Hussein out it will stabilize the ME. Blame it on Bush, Cheney, Rumsfled, and Israel, and the other Zionist who wrote PNAC and whoever signed it, also those involved in Clean Break.

Fuck you, you stupid fucking brainwashed scumbag. You fucking moron. You fucking piece of shit. One trick pony.

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Congress was pleased to sign off on Clean Break.

Fuck you, you stupid fucking brainwashed scumbag. You fucking moron. You fucking piece of shit. One trick pony.

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Sixth months before the U.S. invaded Iraq, Netanyahu, who previously served as Israel's prime minister from 1996 to 1999, was invited to testify before the House to offer an Israeli perspective on the advisability of toppling Saddam Hussein. "If you take out Saddam’s regime, I guarantee you that it will have enormous positive reverberations on the region," Netanyahu said at the time. "The task and the great opportunity and challenge is not merely to effect the ouster of the regime, but also to transform that society and thereby begin the process of democratizing the Arab world."

Kerry Questions Netanyahu s Foreign Policy Cred Mocks Him For Iraq War Support

Whoa, got a mouth on you don't you!!! Guess I hit a nerve of yours. If your a Zionist potty mouths are to be expected. I don't let it bother me, in one ear , out the other!!

Hopefully we will never heed his advice again.

The neo-cons and bibi have proved wrong, and the far right like TheOwl have proved crazy.

Putting one sect against another sect..................:cuckoo:

nothing new here, eagle------the schmucks are blaming DA JOOOS for the fact that Shiite shit and sunni shit have been murdering each other for 1400 years and for the fact that cholera is endemic in Iraq. The Zionist-controlled-cia did it

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Sixth months before the U.S. invaded Iraq, Netanyahu, who previously served as Israel's prime minister from 1996 to 1999, was invited to testify before the House to offer an Israeli perspective on the advisability of toppling Saddam Hussein. "If you take out Saddam’s regime, I guarantee you that it will have enormous positive reverberations on the region," Netanyahu said at the time. "The task and the great opportunity and challenge is not merely to effect the ouster of the regime, but also to transform that society and thereby begin the process of democratizing the Arab world."

Whoa, got a mouth on you don't you!!! Guess I hit a nerve of yours. If your a Zionist potty mouths are to be expected. I don't let it bother me, in one ear , out the other!!

It is unfortunate that people in the US did not kill Saddam way back in the 60s when it became apparent that he was a depraved madman -----a future hero for shit like Penelope who still dances on the dead bodies of the hundreds of thousands he murdered to delight sick sluts. She especially enjoy the memory of the sight of piles of dead children rotting in the sun

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

It is unfortunate that people in the US did not kill Saddam way back in the 60s when it became apparent that he was a depraved madman -----a future hero for shit like Penelope who still dances on the dead bodies of the hundreds of thousands he murdered to delight sick sluts. She especially enjoy the memory of the sight of piles of dead children rotting in the sun

Liberals like them (actually they are commies that we call liberals) are nothing but walking billboards and cliches.

They have no ability to think for themselves. They just parrot the talking points.

BOOOOOSH, CHENEY, BIG OIL, MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING, CAPITALISM IS EVIL, WHITE MAN, CHRISITIANS.

They are all pathetic.

I hate them.

irosie you are the flip side of the coin to Penelope

You are both loony.

jake------the only language in which I am fluent is English----but I had school time exposure to three more----Spanish, Hebrew, and German. ----not that it helped The one help was a habit of the
Hebrew prof who wrote a proverb every week on the chalk board. One that impressed me was ---(approximately>>>> "torah midaber
b'lashon ha'am" ----which is approximately
"the scriptural writings speak in the language of
the people"---ie the 'common language' In interacting with penelooopy, I use language she can understand. Loopy is not entirely literate

I'm more interested in what Obama is doing to stop them. How's that coming along ?
obama-apologizes-again-for-koran-burnings-february-23-2012.jpg
Karzhi is not the leader now...

Karzi? Afghanistan?

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Liberals like them (actually they are commies that we call liberals) are nothing but walking billboards and cliches.

They have no ability to think for themselves. They just parrot the talking points.

BOOOOOSH, CHENEY, BIG OIL, MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING, CAPITALISM IS EVIL, WHITE MAN, CHRISITIANS.

They are all pathetic.

I hate them.

more importantly----they are very ignorant of fact---and depend on talking points that they garner from islamo Nazi propaganda and each
other and some still repeat what they remember from the marijuana haze of their pseudo intellectual youths. I have no doubt that any of them even heard of Saddam Hussein until well into the 1990s or heard of "sunnis" and "Shiites" or Kurds-------and even now have no idea what BAATHISM has wrought in the middle east.. Lingo is always a clue. Another clue-----any dumb slut who claims to have read the Talmud has the personality of magda goebbels

ISIS. ISIS. SYRIA. Obama wanted Assad gone. At any cost. At any price.

Baghdadi took it to the streets of Syria. While Obama was calling them Junior Varsity. It's on record.

LOOK AT THE NAME AGAIN. ISIS.

Obama owns ISIS.

ISIS is what you get when you lie about trying to hand the middle east to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Who was president in 2008?

How long had the detainees at Camp Bucca been in captivity?

These questions need to be answered before going on with the OP.
Even worse for the OP...

What are the Islamic State's origins?

The group that calls itself the Islamic State can trace its lineage to the aftermath of the U.S. invasion of Iraq, in 2003. The Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi aligned his Jama’at al-Tawhidw’al-Jihad with al-Qaeda, making it al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI).

ISIS. ISIS. SYRIA. Obama wanted Assad gone. At any cost. At any price.

Baghdadi took it to the streets of Syria. While Obama was calling them Junior Varsity. It's on record.

LOOK AT THE NAME AGAIN. ISIS.

Obama owns ISIS.
Obama's responsible for an organization which formed in 2003??

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Forum List

Back