Housekeeper Sues Maryland Family For Working in 'Slave-Like' Conditions

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
ROCKVILLE, Md. - A Venezuelan woman says she was kept "like a slave" for more than four months at a home in rural Montgomery County, Maryland.

55-year-old Janet Gonzalez, who says she is a legal resident of the United States, answered an ad for a laundress for a family that lives in the rural Dickerson area. Gonzalez says the Caron family, of Peach Tree Drive, initially promised to take her to and from the Shady Grove Metro station so she could go back to her apartment in D.C. on weekends.

The suit claims that never happened.

"I felt like a prisoner," declared Gonzalez to a crowd of reporters in Rockville.

The laundress and housekeeper also says the family paid her nothing during the whole four-month period.

One day, Janet Gonzalez saw a television show about human trafficking, wrote down a "rescue line" phone number, got access to a telephone while the family was away, and called for help.

"Rescue line phone number"? How about 911 lady? :cuckoo:

ROCKVILLE, Md. - A Venezuelan woman says she was kept "like a slave" for more than four months at a home in rural Montgomery County, Maryland.

55-year-old Janet Gonzalez, who says she is a legal resident of the United States, answered an ad for a laundress for a family that lives in the rural Dickerson area. Gonzalez says the Caron family, of Peach Tree Drive, initially promised to take her to and from the Shady Grove Metro station so she could go back to her apartment in D.C. on weekends.

"I felt like a prisoner," declared Gonzalez to a crowd of reporters in Rockville.

The laundress and housekeeper also says the family paid her nothing during the whole four-month period.

One day, Janet Gonzalez saw a television show about human trafficking, wrote down a "rescue line" phone number, got access to a telephone while the family was away, and called for help.

This is a perfect example as to why I have decided NOT to hire a laundress.

You can't trust them.

You can't trust them.

:eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:
The secret to keeping slaves is to not have a phone.

well she is a libturd after all. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You can't trust them.

:eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:
The secret to keeping slaves is to not have a phone.

I generally go the shackle/dungeon route

I prefer cages because it prevents the shackles for caffing their delicate, fine pastry-like skin:

255828369_8cc4b8faa5.jpg

to do your food shopping? Lol

Man - would I love a laundress right now! I must say I've never heard that job title before.

Someone suggested that the family was prob paying her cash under the table and they may be screwed if there's no paper trail. Honestly - who would stay at a job for four months without pay?

to do your food shopping? Lol

Man - would I love a laundress right now! I must say I've never heard that job title before.

Someone suggested that the family was prob paying her cash under the table and they may be screwed if there's no paper trail. Honestly - who would stay at a job for four months without pay?

The story just sounds slanderous. She says she was a slave, but there is no mention that she was held against her will, nor that she was not free to leave at any time.

I like when a liberal loses an argument with a conservative they start screaming racism. I guarantee that is similar to this case. The family probably paid her less than she agreed to and the housekeeper found some liberal douche bag willing to drag anyone through the mud for any reason!

Yeah, I read it two and three times waiting to read she was kept locked up in the house or something... Instead they simply didn't giver her a ride part way home so she could catch the buss? Fo realz?

Last edited:
Did she not have the option to quit the job? She claims that it was "slave like" conditions, but she did not say that she was being held against her will. Either way, I'm sure this little power-play of hers has caused he more harm than good, as she is probably now unemployed and has a big red mark against anyone in her area ever hiring her again.

Was she locked in a room? She couldnt walk to the bus station? She couldnt call someone for a ride?

What the hell! She's watching TV with her feet up eating chocolates while she should have been scrubbing floors. The damn housekeeper should be sued. She should be grateful she is not in the fields working for the United Farm Workers.

What the hell! She's watching TV with her feet up eating chocolates while she should have been scrubbing floors. The damn housekeeper should be sued. She should be grateful she is not in the fields working for the United Farm Workers.

run along, your fry-o-lator's beeping and the drive thru is getting backed up.

chop chop

I do love how you are making fun of the victim. :clap2:

If this had been reversed, you would have sure been painting the white person as the victim.

I do love how you are making fun of the victim. :clap2:

If this had been reversed, you would have sure been painting the white person as the victim.

There's no evidence she was a victim of anything, more like a disgruntled employee than anything else.

Luissa loves playing the race card. It was amusing at first but getting so terribly boring. Yawn.

Stupidity does not a victim make and making fun of stupid people is the purpose of a message board, isn't it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back