Housekeeper Sues Maryland Family For Working in 'Slave-Like' Conditions

When will Americans understand how to make the Latin American work. It takes a whip and a firm hand. Don't let them sit down for a second to watch TV. They always find "I Love Lucy". Kick em once in awhile just to show you care.

When will Americans understand how to make the Latin American work. It takes a whip and a firm hand. Don't let them sit down for a second to watch TV. They always find "I Love Lucy". Kick em once in awhile just to show you care.

How in the hell did you get a rep point? Let me guess. Tank?

I generally go the shackle/dungeon route

I prefer cages because it prevents the shackles for caffing their delicate, fine pastry-like skin:

255828369_8cc4b8faa5.jpg

What about the whips?

Only if you don't mind the risk of broken skin. Otherwise, I'd go with paddles and floggers.

to do your food shopping? Lol

Man - would I love a laundress right now! I must say I've never heard that job title before.

Someone suggested that the family was prob paying her cash under the table and they may be screwed if there's no paper trail. Honestly - who would stay at a job for four months without pay?

The story just sounds slanderous. She says she was a slave, but there is no mention that she was held against her will, nor that she was not free to leave at any time.

I like when a liberal loses an argument with a conservative they start screaming racism. I guarantee that is similar to this case. The family probably paid her less than she agreed to and the housekeeper found some liberal douche bag willing to drag anyone through the mud for any reason!

So being payed less than you agreed to isn't a good enough reason to sue?

On what planet do you live on?

WTF Cecilie? Sexually repressed, bible toting s & m freaks? WTF did that happen?

I smell a story.......

You couldn't tell she's a sadist by her complete inability to argue without insults, and her avatar?

Yes, because only sadists like Betty Page. I assume that's why my local used bookstore sells t-shirts with her picture on them, and has trouble keeping them in stock, right? :rolleyes: And putting up with posters like you is more an indication of masochism than sadism.

Grow up.

to do your food shopping? Lol

Man - would I love a laundress right now! I must say I've never heard that job title before.

Someone suggested that the family was prob paying her cash under the table and they may be screwed if there's no paper trail. Honestly - who would stay at a job for four months without pay?

The story just sounds slanderous. She says she was a slave, but there is no mention that she was held against her will, nor that she was not free to leave at any time.

I like when a liberal loses an argument with a conservative they start screaming racism. I guarantee that is similar to this case. The family probably paid her less than she agreed to and the housekeeper found some liberal douche bag willing to drag anyone through the mud for any reason!

So being payed less than you agreed to isn't a good enough reason to sue?

On what planet do you live on?

Sue, yes. Bitch about slavery? No.

WTF Cecilie? Sexually repressed, bible toting s & m freaks? WTF did that happen?

I smell a story.......

You couldn't tell she's a sadist by her complete inability to argue without insults, and her avatar?

Yes, because only sadists like Betty Page. I assume that's why my local used bookstore sells t-shirts with her picture on them, and has trouble keeping them in stock, right? :rolleyes: And putting up with posters like you is more an indication of masochism than sadism.

Grow up.

To be honest I just wanted to see if I was still on your ignore list.

Last edited:
Luissa loves playing the race card. It was amusing at first but getting so terribly boring. Yawn.

Stupidity does not a victim make and making fun of stupid people is the purpose of a message board, isn't it?

maybe if you didn't post thread after thread attacking either mexicans or black people, I would stop. And do you know all the facts about this story? Sounds to me like the lady was taken advantage of.

Grow up.

To be honest I just wanted to see if I was still on your ignore list.

You are. Doesn't mean I don't occasionally click on "view post" because I'm exceptionally bored.

Luissa loves playing the race card. It was amusing at first but getting so terribly boring. Yawn.

Stupidity does not a victim make and making fun of stupid people is the purpose of a message board, isn't it?

maybe if you didn't post thread after thread attacking either mexicans or black people, I would stop. And do you know all the facts about this story? Sounds to me like the lady was taken advantage of.

Bullshit. I do not "attack Mexicans and Blacks". I have no problem discussing race and illegal immigration and place those posts in the appropriate forum. But I am also interested in crime stories and unlike YOU, I do not see every crime story through the eyes of a bigot. You mentioned that you live in a town of mostly white people. I don't. Never have. Four of my closest friends are NATURALIZED LEGAL citizens. And they all have different color skin. That might freak you out, but it makes absolutely no difference to me. They are beautiful.

Maybe it's time for YOU to look in the mirror. (Lesson of the day - it's not PC to say "brown people")

This woman may have been ripped off. That's a far cry from slavery. Even 3 year olds know how to use 911.

This apparently happens more than one might think, especially with wealthier immigrants in the US. There was a mini-scandal a few years back with wives of foreign diplomats abusing illegals, who complained of living and working in "slave-like" conditions.

Yes I've heard that too.

An immigrant from the West African nation of Togo pleaded guilty today to working with his mother to smuggle women from their homeland to work without pay at hair-braiding salons they owned in Newark and East Orange.

Dereck Hounakey, 32, spoke softly as he acknowledged to U.S. District Court Judge Jose Linares that he helped run a human trafficking ring that investigators equated to modern-day slavery. Hounakey said the girls were forbidden to have boyfriends and worked up to 16 hours a day, seven days a week.

Newark hair-braiding salon owner pleads guilty to human trafficking, forced labor | NJ.com

I don't think that was the case here though. The article said the woman answered an ad in the paper.

I don't think that was the case here though. The article said the woman answered an ad in the paper.

A woman, a horse, and a hickory tree
The more you beat 'em,
the better they be!

Saying from American Colonial times​

Forum List

Back