House passes concealed carry bill, tosses state rights and const. out window.

I'm not understanding your question.

As it stands now concealed carry permits are not recipricol. This bill would change that.

I'm pretty sure traffic laws in the US are pretty much the same in every state.

If not then tell me which traffic laws are different from state to state.

What it comes down to is that the states, by their own accord, have chosen to extend driving privileges to licensed drivers from other states. That is their right, to do so or not. This bill would presume the federal government has the right to dictate to the states the effect of their own licensing powers and make the decision for them.

Traffic laws are not not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, therefore not regulated by the federal government but is instead left up to the individual states per the 10th Amendment.

Do you not understand the Constitution. especially the 10th Amendment?

Traffic violations can be loosely defined as any acts that violates a state or municipalities traffic laws. Most laws are local, though the federal government does regulate some traffic aspects, and it can deny federal money in order to coerce states to pass particular traffic laws. Today, motorists can find themselves faced with dozens of traffic laws, depending on where they are driving. These traffic laws vary by state, city, highway, and region

Traffic Violations: Encyclopedia of Everyday Law
National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act
National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for speeding laws yes there is a difference from state to state. Speed limits change during certain hours What was 70 mph during certain hours will change to 60 during other hours. But as I stated traffic laws vary just like firearm laws do. But one document is acceptable in all states while the other one isn't.

Who said I was opposing it?

Sure looked that way. I guess you just wanted to debate traffic laws which has no bearing on the topic at hand.

But yes speed limits change from state to state, city to city and several times within a single city. But the fact remains every state has the same basic traffic laws!

You're comparing apples to oranges.

NO, in your opinion do you think I am against the bill? If Drivers licenses of one state is accepted in all states why can't a CCW be accepted the same way?

I think you're trying to compare apples to oranges.

Let me ask you this, which subject, traffic or firearms are mentioned in the Constitution? And which one would be delegated to the States.

Personally I think this is a federal issue and I'm glad to see the House pass it. I'll be surprised if it gets through the Senate and lands on Obama's desk. Where he will more than likely veto it.

I must say that I do find it ironic that most of the people arguing to have their Concealed Carry permits valid across state lines don't want my marriage license to be...
The right to marry isn't a protected right. But if you are a male married to a female then your
marriage license should be accepted in every state.

I must say that I do find it ironic that most of the people arguing to have their Concealed Carry permits valid across state lines don't want my marriage license to be...

Marriage licenses are honored in all states. But marriage in most States is defined as a union between one man and one woman. So if you cannot meet that definition then it's not recognized as a "marriage" and will not be honored.

What it comes down to is that the states, by their own accord, have chosen to extend driving privileges to licensed drivers from other states. That is their right, to do so or not. This bill would presume the federal government has the right to dictate to the states the effect of their own licensing powers and make the decision for them.

Traffic laws are not not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, therefore not regulated by the federal government but is instead left up to the individual states per the 10th Amendment.

Traffic violations can be loosely defined as any acts that violates a state or municipalities traffic laws. Most laws are local, though the federal government does regulate some traffic aspects, and it can deny federal money in order to coerce states to pass particular traffic laws. Today, motorists can find themselves faced with dozens of traffic laws, depending on where they are driving. These traffic laws vary by state, city, highway, and region

National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Traffic laws are not a Constitutional issue. Wise up!!

:cuckoo:

Marriage licenses are honored in all states. But marriage in most States is defined as a union between one man and one woman. So if you cannot meet that definition then it's not recognized as a "marriage" and will not be honored.

Hmmm, reads like trying to justify hypocrisy.

Sure looked that way. I guess you just wanted to debate traffic laws which has no bearing on the topic at hand.

But yes speed limits change from state to state, city to city and several times within a single city. But the fact remains every state has the same basic traffic laws!

You're comparing apples to oranges.

NO, in your opinion do you think I am against the bill? If Drivers licenses of one state is accepted in all states why can't a CCW be accepted the same way?

Let me ask you this, which subject, traffic or firearms are mentioned in the Constitution? And which one would be delegated to the States.

Personally I think this is a federal issue and I'm glad to see the House pass it. I'll be surprised if it gets through the Senate and lands on Obama's desk. Where he will more than likely veto it.

No I am not CCW is a license granted by the state or county drivers license is also granted by the state all states have different laws. all states have different traffic laws as well has firearm laws. One license is protected by the second amendment the other one isn't but one that isn't protected is accepted by all states while the other one isn't. The Federal government can and has regulated some traffic laws.

What's hypocritical about it? Marriage is a union between one man and one woman, does your "so-called" marriage meet that definition?

However, Traffic laws can be regulated by the federal government.

No I am not CCW is a license granted by the state or county drivers license is also granted by the state all states have different laws. all states have different traffic laws as well has firearm laws. One license is protected by the second amendment the other one isn't but one that isn't protected is accepted by all states while the other one isn't. The Federal government can and has regulated some traffic laws.

Tell me what Traffic laws does Texas have that no other state has.

Tell me where in the Constitution does is state anything about traffic laws.

Traffic laws are a state issue. They have the right to honor other states licenses or not. It is NOT a federal issue.

What part of this is difficult for you to understand?

One is a federal issue the other a State issue.

Apples and oranges.

There are no federal traffic cops!!

Show me one instance where a federal agent issued a traffic citation!!

The bottom line is that the CRIMINALS don't care what the concealed carry laws are from state-to-state.

All concealed carry laws restrict law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves and their families from the criminals. Period.

Why is this simple fact so difficult for the politicians to understand?

The feds give the traffic stop authority to the states but that does not negate the fact that the fed can regulate traffic laws.

You are arguing against me while at least I think we are arguing for the same thing.

Last edited:

What's hypocritical about it? Marriage is a union between one man and one woman, does your "so-called" marriage meet that definition?

No, marriage isn't. I'm clearly legally married. My marriage license should be as valid in all 50 states as yours is and not just in the half dozen it currently is.

You want your CCP to be valid in all states despite the laws passed in those states, but not my marriage license. That's hypocrisy.

Tell me what Traffic laws does Texas have that no other state has.

Traffic laws are a state issue. They have the right to honor other states licenses or not. It is NOT a federal issue.

What part of this is difficult for you to understand?

One is a federal issue the other a State issue.

Apples and oranges.

The tenth amendment
Which the states have given that right to the feds.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Better known as the TSA have been conducting conducting license checks in Tennessee
Then you have this which is covered under the tenth amendment because the states gave the feds the authority through this act.
Why are you arguing against me when we are supporting the same-thing?

The feds give the traffic stop authority to the states but that does not negate the fact that the fed can regulate traffic laws.

You are arguing against me while at least I think we are arguing for the same thing.

Look the only thing the federal government regulates in regards to traffic is safety related issues and environmental issues.

The feds can only encourage states to enact certain laws, they cannot force states to abide by any of their suggested requirements as it pertain to DWI's, Open conatainer laws, motorcycle helmet laws, BAC laws etc....

No, marriage isn't. I'm clearly legally married. My marriage license should be as valid in all 50 states as yours is and not just in the half dozen it currently is.

You want your CCP to be valid in all states despite the laws passed in those states, but not my marriage license. That's hypocrisy.

If you are married to a person of the opposite sex then your marriage would be recognized in all the states. But it's obvious you are not legally married under the definition provided in DOMA, therefore it should not be recognized in all 50 states and rightly so.

No, the CCP laws will only be reciprocal with states that also have CCP laws.

If I had my way a person could carry their sidearm, concealed or not, in any state they pleased.

Look the only thing the federal government regulates in regards to traffic is safety related issues and environmental issues.

The feds can only encourage states to enact certain laws, they cannot force states to abide by any of their suggested requirements as it pertain to DWI's, Open conatainer laws, motorcycle helmet laws, BAC laws etc....

The federal government can regulate anything covered in the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act
From Seat belts, directional flow of traffic, to speed limits.

The federal government can regulate anything covered in the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act
From Seat belts, directional flow of traffic, to speed limits.

You are too dumb for words.

Read the links I provided.

Forum List

Back