House passes concealed carry bill, tosses state rights and const. out window.

Look the only thing the federal government regulates in regards to traffic is safety related issues and environmental issues.

The feds can only encourage states to enact certain laws, they cannot force states to abide by any of their suggested requirements as it pertain to DWI's, Open conatainer laws, motorcycle helmet laws, BAC laws etc....

The federal government can regulate anything covered in the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act
From Seat belts, directional flow of traffic, to speed limits.

You are too dumb for words.

Read the links I provided.

What is the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act? Why are you getting so defensive? If DL are accepted in all 50 states why can't CCW be treated the same? One License is protected by the second amendment but is not accepted in all states and the other license is not protected but is accepted in all 50 states. Why are you arguing against me on this?

I must say that I do find it ironic that most of the people arguing to have their Concealed Carry permits valid across state lines don't want my marriage license to be...

Could it have something to do with marriage not being in the constitution while the right to posess and bear arms is in the constitution? :dunno:

Traffic laws are not a Constitutional issue. Wise up!!

:cuckoo:

Traffic laws are not not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, therefore not regulated by the federal government but is instead left up to the individual states per the 10th Amendment.

However, Traffic laws can be regulated by the federal government.

There are no federal traffic cops!!

Show me one instance where a federal agent issued a traffic citation!!

Does getting pulled over by the FBI car who couldn't out-race you in your own car (while they waited for a state trooper, proving your point) count? :tongue:

The bottom line is that the CRIMINALS don't care what the concealed carry laws are from state-to-state.

All concealed carry laws restrict law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves and their families from the criminals. Period.

Why is this simple fact so difficult for the politicians to understand?

;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsKzdKNAmo]Criminals For Gun Control 1 Home Invasion - YouTube[/ame]

The bottom line is that the CRIMINALS don't care what the concealed carry laws are from state-to-state.

All concealed carry laws restrict law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves and their families from the criminals. Period.

Why is this simple fact so difficult for the politicians to understand?

;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsKzdKNAmo]Criminals For Gun Control 1 Home Invasion - YouTube[/ame]

That is always a good video to show.:clap2:

The federal government can regulate anything covered in the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act
From Seat belts, directional flow of traffic, to speed limits.

What is the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act? Why are you getting so defensive? If DL are accepted in all 50 states why can't CCW be treated the same? One License is protected by the second amendment but is not accepted in all states and the other license is not protected but is accepted in all 50 states. Why are you arguing against me on this?

The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act was enacted in the United States in 1966 to empower the federal government to set and administer new safety standards for motor vehicles and road traffic safety.

I've already told you that the feds can regulate vehicle safety.

Next you're gonna tell me that the feds regulate speed limits. :cuckoo:

I must say that I do find it ironic that most of the people arguing to have their Concealed Carry permits valid across state lines don't want my marriage license to be...

Could it have something to do with marriage not being in the constitution while the right to posess and bear arms is in the constitution? :dunno:

I've already tried to explain to these clowns that traffic laws and as you point out marriage is not a constitutional issue. They just don't get it.

The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act was enacted in the United States in 1966 to empower the federal government to set and administer new safety standards for motor vehicles and road traffic safety.

And flow of traffic speed limits and set belts. are all covered under the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. TSA is doing license checks in Tenn. does that help you any?

And flow of traffic speed limits and set belts. are all covered under the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. TSA is doing license checks in Tenn. does that help you any?

Bullshit!

The National Highway System Designation Act served several other purposes, including restoring $5.4 billion in funding to state highway departments, giving Congress the power to prioritize Highway System projects, repealing all federal speed limit controls.

Bullshit!

The National Highway System Designation Act served several other purposes, including restoring $5.4 billion in funding to state highway departments, giving Congress the power to prioritize Highway System projects, repealing all federal speed limit controls.

Bullshit what? That the TSA is not doing license checks in Tenn. or there has never been a national speed limit?
One more time CCW is a license granted by the state or county drivers license is also granted by the state all states have different laws. all states have different traffic laws as well has firearm laws. One license is protected by the second amendment the other one isn't but one that isn't protected is accepted by all states while the other one isn't. The Federal government can and has regulated some traffic laws.

Why are you arguing against this are you against a state following the second amendment?

Last edited:

Bullshit!

Bullshit what? That the TSA is not doing license checks in Tenn. or there has never been a national speed limit?
One more time CCW is a license granted by the state or county drivers license is also granted by the state all states have different laws. all states have different traffic laws as well has firearm laws. One license is protected by the second amendment the other one isn't but one that isn't protected is accepted by all states while the other one isn't. The Federal government can and has regulated some traffic laws.

Why are you arguing against this are you against a state following the second amendment?

What you don't seem to understand is that the right to bear arms is a constitutionally protected liberty, traffic laws are not. Two totally different concepts!! To view both as if they were equal is utter stupidity.

Answer this, do you have a right to drive a car?

Bullshit!

What you don't seem to understand is that the right to bear arms is a constitutionally protected liberty, traffic laws are not. Two totally different concepts!! To view both as if they were equal is utter stupidity.

What you fail to realize is that a License is a privilege granted by the state. Whether it's a DL CCW marriage license, Electrical plumbing contractors license.

Answer this, do you have a right to drive a car? No
Do you have a right to a CCW?

What you fail to realize is that a License is a privilege granted by the state. Whether it's a DL CCW marriage license, Electrical plumbing contractors license.

I don't need a license to own a gun. I don't need a license to carry a gun. I only need a license to carry a concealed gun.

I don't need a license to own a gun. I don't need a license to carry a gun. I only need a license to carry a concealed gun.

You need one to carry concealed in almost every state. Which isn't that what this discussion is all about? CCW in every state? oh by the way you need a purchase permit in most states to buy a hand gun

Bullshit.

You need a license to carry a firearm period.

When the shit hits the fan we will need to know where to find you.

.:razz:

Last edited:

You need one to carry concealed in almost every state. Which isn't that what this discussion is all about? CCW in every state? oh by the way you need a purchase permit in most states to buy a hand gun

Almost.

No it's not about CCW in every state, it's about reciprocation.

I don't think the bolded statement is accurate.

Almost.

Yes in most states you must obtain a purchase permit.

Bullshit.

No I don't necessarily need a license to carry a firearm.

With the passage of HB 823 Texas law lets drivers carry a weapon in their car when they're "traveling,".

The Texas Legislature passed HB 823 creating a "presumption" that the driver is "traveling" unless one of five things is true: (a) the weapon is in plain view, (b) the defendant is a convicted felon, (c) it's a public, not a personal vehicle, (d) the defendant committed a Class B misdemeanor or worse, or (e) the defendant is a gang-banger.

The law seemed pretty straight forward. If the gun is legal, you're not a crook, you're driving your own car, and if the gun is stowed (i.e., you're not driving around with it laying on the passenger seat like an idiot), then you can carry a gun in your car when you're driving.

Civilian Carry of Firearms in Texas

Almost.

Yes in most states you must obtain a purchase permit.

Saying it twice doesn't make any more true.

Bullshit.

With the passage of HB 823 Texas law lets drivers carry a weapon in their car when they're "traveling,".

The Texas Legislature passed HB 823 creating a "presumption" that the driver is "traveling" unless one of five things is true: (a) the weapon is in plain view, (b) the defendant is a convicted felon, (c) it's a public, not a personal vehicle, (d) the defendant committed a Class B misdemeanor or worse, or (e) the defendant is a gang-banger.

The law seemed pretty straight forward. If the gun is legal, you're not a crook, you're driving your own car, and if the gun is stowed (i.e., you're not driving around with it laying on the passenger seat like an idiot), then you can carry a gun in your car when you're driving.

Civilian Carry of Firearms in Texas

To carry conceal in most states yes you do. which is the topic of this discussion.

To open carry some states allow that without a permit.

You're talking about a totally different subject open carry is not the same as CCW. I can open carry in any place I choose to as long as it's not posted by the owner no guns allowed.

Forum List

Back