House of Cards - Who knew?

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I have seen it on Netflix for a while but never clicked on it. I found out a couple days ago House of Cards is based on a political theme. Who knew? My question is this: Does the representation of the political process as portrayed in the House of Cards either positively or negatively impact the general public's opinion/understanding of the federal government's operation? (I still have not watched an episode and probably won't since I don't watch TV series much.)

I've seen both seasons and it's a great show. There's a Democrat in the White House but that's irrelevant as you would see if you watched it. I highly recommend it. :thup:

It's a drama, but well researched. It's done nothing to my opinion, and added only somewhat to my understanding.

I have seen it on Netflix for a while but never clicked on it. I found out a couple days ago House of Cards is based on a political theme. Who knew? My question is this: Does the representation of the political process as portrayed in the House of Cards either positively or negatively impact the general public's opinion/understanding of the federal government's operation? (I still have not watched an episode and probably won't since I don't watch TV series much.)

You are drastically over-thinking it. It's a great show you should watch it.

I don't watch TV. In fact, my actual TV probably hasn't been turned on for over two years.
My eldest daughter told me about House of Cards last year, as she knows I am a political junkie. She shared her Netflix account with me so I could watch the show. I think it is very well done. I ended up getting my own Netflix account for the movies, but am watching season two of House of Cards. For people that already have a Netflix account and are political junkies, it's a fun show in my opinion.

I don't watch TV. In fact, my actual TV probably hasn't been turned on for over two years.
My eldest daughter told me about House of Cards last year, as she knows I am a political junkie. She shared her Netflix account with me so I could watch the show. I think it is very well done. I ended up getting my own Netflix account for the movies, but am watching season two of House of Cards. For people that already have a Netflix account and are political junkies, it's a fun show in my opinion.

When someone said you should get cable did you run out and get yourself a roll? ;)
wire-rope-stainless-WEB173179.jpg

Now what? :lol:

Forum List

Back