House GOP Backtracking On Promised 'Reforms' Before They Even Get Started

If you had the brain you were born with, you would know that I don't defend either side.... I occasionally defend an individual. Had the OP linked the the WSJ, I would have considered the source, but the OP is incapable of linking to anything other than the HuffPuff. I mock him, and his "source"... because both are ridiculous.

However, the new congress is yet to be seated so, we will see what they do. If they have not learned the lesson of November, they will pay the consequence. Simple.

Oh, please!!! We all know exactly what side you support. Ashamed of it?? Why not own it?? You're such a liar.

Try not to make yourself look any more ridiculous than you already have, fatty.

I was hoping that maybe in 2011 you wouldn't be the same lying bitch. But it's not to be. Why does the truth make you so mad??? As usual, you let me get to you. This response AND a nasty neg rep??? :lol::lol::lol:

Grow up, wall flower. Accept that you're not fooling anyone.

House GOP Backtracking On Promised 'Reforms' Before They Even Get Started

"I think it's the last gasp of the 55-year-old generation ... a group of older folks who've seen their lives change dramatically. The country is not the same ... and all of a sudden it's here for them and they don't know what to do. ... Every morning when they see the president they are reminded that things are totally different than they were when they were born and I think that has a lot to do with it."

"Economic uncertainty fuels this but this is the last gasp of the generation that has trouble with diversity. The tea party is almost entirely over 55 and white, and the country has changed dramatically as a result of what happened in 2008 and it's not going back. Every day that goes on, the demographic change continues, and that's what a lot of this is about."

:eusa_whistle:

No problem.

1. What transparency?

2. Obama is a corporatist

The transparency obama and the democrats said they were going to have

:lol: :lmao: You think obama is a corporatist? :lmao:

I know what you meant .. my question is where is that promised transparency? Have you seen it? Obama had no intention of delivering on that.

Of course he's a corporatist .. and an elitist. Who has been the biggest beneficiaries of his policies? Corporations.

There are essentially no liberals or progressives or many black people around him. He has great disdain for them all.

Care to look into his soul?

Research that fraud when he lost to Rep. Bobby Rush when he ran for congress.

He's an invention.

I know what you meant .. my question is where is that promised transparency? Have you seen it? Obama had no intention of delivering on that.

So he and the other democrats lied?

Of course he's a corporatist .. and an elitist. Who has been the biggest beneficiaries of his policies? Corporations.

There are essentially no liberals or progressives or many black people around him. He has great disdain for them all.

He doesn't? He doesn't have any liberals progressives around him? Where exactly have you been living to miss him pick his cabinet?

its a lib talking point, and it wasnt such a failure

It was and is an excellent talking point .. and it was a monumental failure .. which has contributed to republicans shying away from the so-called "Pledge on America"

The only thing good about that piece of shit rag was that it rid the world of vermin like Gingrich. Sure he's still around but completely nuetered .. no chance of ever regaining any power to affect us.
it was a stupid talking point and it was no failure at all
it was a massive success
look at the growth that occurred after it was enacted

You can believe that if you choose brother .. but I doubt there are many republicans that want to talk about the contract on America these days.

You and I are not going to agree on what is success. We exist in entirely different ideological worlds.

If it was so successful, why aren't they chanting about their new contract? Even teabaggers have backed off that bullshit.

It was a rousing success for Bill Clinton, catipulted his ass right back into the White House .. just as repoblicans are going to do for Obama.

The leaders of the last contract, DeLay and Gingrich, left in disgrace.

1994 Contract with America failed to deliver

In 1994, the Republican Party unveiled its Contract with America. As a joint venture of Newt Gingrich, Tom DeLay and other GOP greats, it presented and outlined a plan of action should the party be successful in reclaiming its majority status in the United States House.

Part of this campaign promise were provisions to audit Congress in search of wasteful spenders, ban proxy committee votes and enact committee chair term limits. There was talk of tax cuts for small businesses and also welfare reform.

Because there is a world of difference between introducing legislation and actually passing it, history shows that many of the line items included in the Contract with America failed. As of 2000, 95 programs that the contract promised to eliminate not only remained in force but actually featured a 13-percent increase.

Even republicans are split on their pledge against America

Conservatives split on GOP's new 'Pledge To America,' unveiled by House Republicans
Conservatives split on GOP's new 'Pledge To America,' unveiled by House Republicans

Does that surprise you?

Nearly all American politicians lie because Americans are weak as doodoo. They get to say any damn thing they want during campaigns and the only people who will talk about their broken promises are the opposition.

Yes, he lied.. and the first chance he got to run behind closed doors and make deals out of sight, he took it.

He doesn't? He doesn't have any liberals progressives around him? Where exactly have you been living to miss him pick his cabinet?

Oh really .. name the liberals in his Cabinet.

Oh, please!!! We all know exactly what side you support. Ashamed of it?? Why not own it?? You're such a liar.

Try not to make yourself look any more ridiculous than you already have, fatty.

I was hoping that maybe in 2011 you wouldn't be the same lying bitch. But it's not to be. Why does the truth make you so mad??? As usual, you let me get to you. This response AND a nasty neg rep??? :lol::lol::lol:

Grow up, wall flower. Accept that you're not fooling anyone.

Fuck yourself, fatty.

Does that surprise you?

Nearly all American politicians lie because Americans are weak as doodoo. They get to say any damn thing they want during campaigns and the only people who will talk about their broken promises are the opposition.

Yes, he lied.. and the first chance he got to run behind closed doors and make deals out of sight, he took it.

Does that surprise you?
No but what surprises me that you support the democrats. Or am I wrong?

That is unacceptiable Politicans do not get a pass if they lie in my book.

Liberals/ progressives/ statist in obamas cabinet 2008-2010
Rahm Emanual
Hillary Clinton
Timothy F. Geithner
Eric H. Holder
Hilda L. Solis
Kathleen Sebelius
Janet A. Napolitano
Arne Duncan
Shaun L.S. Donovan
To name a few

Lets not forget about the Communist Green who had to resign his position

Well since they've only been sworn in for a couple of hours,i find it pretty much impossible for them to be "Backtracking" on anything. Sounds like wishful thinking from the usual suspects. Nothing more,nothing less. The Republicans will not solve all of our nation's problems. So people shouldn't be over-optimistic. The Dems left them some monstrous & insurmountable problems. Cleaning up after the Worst U.S. Congress in History will not be easy. It will take time. So don't expect any miracles. That's the Hopey Changey's shtick and shouldn't be the Republican's. There will be no quick-fixes. The GOP can improve things though. I guess we'll see.

Does that surprise you?

Does that surprise you?

Rahm Emanual
Hillary Clinton
Timothy F. Geithner
Eric H. Holder
Hilda L. Solis
Kathleen Sebelius
Janet A. Napolitano
Arne Duncan
Shaun L.S. Donovan
To name a few

You obviously don't have a clue what a liberal is.

There isn't a single one on your list with the possible ecsption of Sebelius.

Geithner?
Holder??
Duncam???
HILLARY CLINTON??????????
RAHM EmANUEL????????????????????????????

:lol:

Difficult having this conversation with someone speaking from false precomcieved notions.

Well since they've only been sworn in for a couple of hours,i find it pretty much impossible for them to be "Backtracking" on anything. Sounds like wishful thinking from the usual suspects. Nothing more,nothing less. The Republicans will not solve all of our nation's problems. So people shouldn't be over-optimistic. The Dems left them some monstrous & insurmountable problems. Cleaning up after the Worst U.S. Congress in History will not be easy. It will take time. So don't expect any miracles. That's the Hopey Changey's shtick and shouldn't be the Republican's. There will be no quick-fixes. The GOP can improve things though. I guess we'll see.

They aren't going to solve anything.

They don't run anything but the House

there is going to have to be some compromise
that is if Obama wants to get ANYTHING he wants

Does that surprise you?

Rahm Emanual
Hillary Clinton
Timothy F. Geithner
Eric H. Holder
Hilda L. Solis
Kathleen Sebelius
Janet A. Napolitano
Arne Duncan
Shaun L.S. Donovan
To name a few

Geithner?
Holder??
Duncam???

Difficult having this conversation with someone speaking from false precomcieved notions.

It's even funnier reading your inane drivel. You wouldn't recognize a liberal if one walked up to you and slapped you in the nuts.

It is you who has not the faintest foggiest fucking clue as to what a liberal is.

I was half joking before, but it turns out you really are no smarter than a box of sterilized sand.

It's still a lot of power. Everything flows through the House. The only way they can be stopped is if the Democrats are the 'Party of No.' But like i said,don't expect any miracles. That's the Hopey Changey's shtick,not the Republican's. Replacing the Worst U.S. Congress in History is a start though. But there will be no quick-fixes. The awful problems the Dems left behind really are insurmountable. I wish the GOP nothing but the best of luck because God knows they're gonna need it.

Last edited:
Does that surprise you?

Rahm Emanual
Hillary Clinton
Timothy F. Geithner
Eric H. Holder
Hilda L. Solis
Kathleen Sebelius
Janet A. Napolitano
Arne Duncan
Shaun L.S. Donovan
To name a few

Geithner?
Holder??
Duncam???

King Tut lived near the nile, but you live in denial

Rahm Emanual
Hillary Clinton
Timothy F. Geithner
Eric H. Holder
Hilda L. Solis
Kathleen Sebelius
Janet A. Napolitano
Arne Duncan
Shaun L.S. Donovan
To name a few

Geithner?
Holder??
Duncam???

It's even funnier reading your inane drivel. You wouldn't recognize a liberal if one walked up to you and slapped you in the nuts.

It is you who has not the faintest foggiest fucking clue as to what a liberal is.

I was half joking before, but it turns out you really are no smarter than a box of sterilized sand.

It doesn't matter one damn bit what you think of me. Who amd what the fuck are you?

You're just an annoying blip on my screen that keeps begging for attention.

I thinl you're ignorant .. so you know what I do .. I don't post to you .. you're ignorant, why would I?

If you think the same of me, don't post to me dummy. :lol:

Not looking for a date are you Susan?

I'm happily married .. get yourself a blow-up doll. I hear they come in Mandingo now.

Problem solved

Red flags. One to port side and one to the starboard. Means "wide load" if yaknowwhatimean.

Rahm Emanual
Hillary Clinton
Timothy F. Geithner
Eric H. Holder
Hilda L. Solis
Kathleen Sebelius
Janet A. Napolitano
Arne Duncan
Shaun L.S. Donovan
To name a few

Geithner?
Holder??
Duncam???

She doesn't have a clue.

Forum List

Back