Hottest year on record-

What arena is that? There are some deniers & their research has been debunked.

There is indeed something to do about it. Reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Wow, how ugly is that? Cleaner air is such a negative side effect, right?

Motre greenhouse gases increase the greenhouse effect. This is science.

Fine. I'm assuming you support a massive increase in Nuclear power plants to achieve that drop in Greenhouse gas emissions, right?
Nuclear power is one of the heaviest subsidized power sources that leaves behind a problem for centuries. Is it worth the risk? The sun rains down enough energy in the noontime hour to power the planet for a year.

What a half-assed response.

So where do you store that power from the noontime sun?

There are these things called batteries. Really, I'm not kidding.

The purpose of my statement about the sun was that we should concentrate on research & development to better harness that energy. More efficient panels, better storage options.

Republicans hate solar power because their fossil fuel owners can't charge for it.

If people can come up with those better items, fine. Until then they only proven way to provide base load stability without carbon emissions is fission based steam power.
Already been done. Tesla is selling and installing such batteries right now. Oncor, the largest utility in Texas, is already planning to install billions of dollars worth of the batteries.

Nuclear power is one of the heaviest subsidized power sources that leaves behind a problem for centuries. Is it worth the risk? The sun rains down enough energy in the noontime hour to power the planet for a year.

What a half-assed response.

So where do you store that power from the noontime sun?

There are these things called batteries. Really, I'm not kidding.

The purpose of my statement about the sun was that we should concentrate on research & development to better harness that energy. More efficient panels, better storage options.

Republicans hate solar power because their fossil fuel owners can't charge for it.

If people can come up with those better items, fine. Until then they only proven way to provide base load stability without carbon emissions is fission based steam power.

Ignore the side effects? Has nuclear power ever killed people? Sickened people?

So far only from a half-assed soviet model (with piss poor void performance and no contaiment) after a stupid power test, and from a plant that got hit by a 30ft high wall of water.
The goddamn plant was sited in a known tsunami area. So why was not a contigency made for that 30 ft wave? The Satsop plants were going to be built right on top of one of the most dangerous subduction zones in the world. How many more of our plants are sited where they should not be?

only the hottest year if you buy the faked data.
Only not the hottest year ever if you are an ignorant, science hating moron who hates their own children.

Can the OP please operationally define "hottest":2up:

Which means............dummy.........it needs to be compared to something. Oh.....and we want a specific definition please, as in temperature differential compared to, lets say, 2012!!

And ps s0n........nobody gives a fuck about the science except hyper-partisan progressives, ie: fringe.:popcorn:

[URL='http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Pew.png.html'][/URL]

Pew poll from January of '16 shows the exact same thing!! ( will post up be request :boobies:)

Yep......the science haters are WINNING and never more so than now!! Only bubble dwellers are still ranting about the "Republicans hate science" shit........talk about another lame-ass progressive fAiL.:spinner:

[URL='http://[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Alaska%20in%20Jan.png.html][IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/baldaltima/Alaska%20in%20Jan.png[/IMG][/URL]'][URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Alaska%20in%20Jan.png.html]
[/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
I knew what RSS was. I thought such a knowledgeable, honest person like you would say exactly what your graph really was in stead of using it to dupe people as you have been duped.

That is why I chose a graph that was clearly marked RSS....

And if you knew what RSS was, why then did you ask what the chart shows?..it is you who is clearly the bullshitter...sorry that I assumed that you had a clue otherwise I would have tried to draw it out in crayon for you so that you would know what I was posting.

I knew what RSS was. I thought such a knowledgeable, honest person like you would say exactly what your graph really was in stead of using it to dupe people as you have been duped.

And if you knew what RSS was, why then did you ask what the chart shows?..it is you who is clearly the bullshitter...sorry that I assumed that you had a clue otherwise I would have tried to draw it out in crayon for you so that you would know what I was posting.
Bull fricken baloney. You posted that graph because it showed that 2016 was not the hottest year since recorded history amd not talking about what thew graph really was.

You posted it because you are a dishonest person duped by the deniers. You got caiught & this dancing around you are doing is quite pathetic.

Bull fricken baloney. You posted that graph because it showed that 2016 was not the hottest year since recorded history amd not talking about what thew graph really was.

That would be because 2016 was not the hottest year on record...

You posted it because you are a dishonest person duped by the deniers. You got caiught & this dancing around you are doing is quite pathetic.

And you refuse to believe the truth because you have already been duped....do you have any idea how much the temperature record has been manipulated in the past decade...cooling the past in an effort to make the present look warmer?....of course you don't....because you are a dupe.

He's getting his info from Skeptical Shit Science site.. He is an idiot.. So he is used to crayons and being spoon fed crap..

Sorry; 1934 still takes the cake by .6 deg C. (almost a full degree F)

2016 could become the hottest year on record. Just in time for the Orange Climate denying Trump & his climate denying cabinet to run the country. Global warming is already causing problems around the globe & will make droughts & floods etc more common.

He had the major flood in the Southeast - which is sort of funny considering those people mostly voted Trump. Stipid people doing stupid shit. The Republican way.

The agony of Earth's hottest year - CNN.com
I hope it kills us all so you will shut your whining yap.

And you refuse to believe the truth because you have already been duped....do you have any idea how much the temperature record has been manipulated in the past decade...cooling the past in an effort to make the present look warmer?....of course you don't....because you are a dupe.
And you quote well known debunked climate deniers & pull their same shit by posting graphs that don't mean what you try to portray they mean.

Temperatures are adjusted to account for certain things. Quit pretending that this disqualifies he result.

I'll believe the climate scientists over an obviously duped person like you.

1934 was the hottest year IN THE US. Not globally. My God you people are stupid.

It certainly is getting hotter sooner, and longer in Northern California, sucks.

I remember only one period of time in NorCal where we experienced sub freezing temperatures more that two days in a row. We have had a hard freeze for six nights, last night it was barely above freezing - 34 degrees in my backyard.

It sucks taking the dog out to do her business before sun rises. She at least has a fur coat.

2016 could become the hottest year on record. Just in time for the Orange Climate denying Trump & his climate denying cabinet to run the country. Global warming is already causing problems around the globe & will make droughts & floods etc more common.

He had the major flood in the Southeast - which is sort of funny considering those people mostly voted Trump. Stipid people doing stupid shit. The Republican way.

The agony of Earth's hottest year - CNN.com
I hope it kills us all so you will shut your whining yap.
Your ignorance might condemn yourself & your children to that future.

I'm not ignorant you fool. I'm sick of hearing crying assholes bitch about the same crap every fuvking day!

And you quote well known debunked climate deniers & pull their same shit by posting graphs that don't mean what you try to portray they mean.

Temperatures are adjusted to account for certain things. Quit pretending that this disqualifies he result.

I'll believe the climate scientists over an obviously duped person like you.
So your on board with Michael Mann and others who use deceptive graphing and unjustified changes to the historical record.. Good to know..

1934 was the hottest year IN THE US. Not globally. My God you people are stupid.
Actually, 1934 was the hottest globally as well.. Retard... The adjustments made by the CRU, NASA and others has changed every historical temp on the planet..

It certainly is getting hotter sooner, and longer in Northern California, sucks.

I remember only one period of time in NorCal where we experienced sub freezing temperatures more that two days in a row. We have had a hard freeze for six nights, last night it was barely above freezing - 34 degrees in my backyard.

It sucks taking the dog out to do her business before sun rises. She at least has a fur coat.

Yes I am up very early as well.. it is cold..

Were you here in the 70's when it snowed? and Are you in the south, north, or east bay..
I am in the south bay..

I'm not ignorant you fool. I'm sick of hearing crying assholes bitch about the same crap every fuvking day!
So you don't give a shit about your or your children's future. Good to know.

Exactly who have I quoted? My arguments tend to be in my own words....and the graph meant exactly what it meant....that is to say without the urban heat island effect to taint the record...2016 isn't even close to being the warmest year..

Forum List

Back