The Snowball has Started Rolling

SSDD

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2012
Lee Bergquist of the Wisconsin Journal Sentinal reports:

The state Department of Natural Resources recently scrubbed language from an agency web page on the Great Lakes that said humans and greenhouse gases are the main cause of climate change.

[See DNR webpage The Great Lakes and a changing world.]

The DNR now says the subject is a matter of scientific debate.

The department made the changes on Dec. 21, striking out whole sentences attributing global warming to human activities and rising levels of carbon dioxide.

In the latest changes, the DNR says of climate change, “as it has done throughout the centuries, the earth is going through a change. The reasons for this change at this particular time in the earth’s long history are being debated and researched by academic entities outside the Department of Natural Resources.”

Officials replaced this wording:

“Earth’s climate is changing. Human activities that increase heat-trapping (‘greenhouse’) gases are the main cause.”

So the snowball is rolling...the smart warmers see that the handwriting is on the wall for alarmists and are changing their tune to reflect the truth...that being that we really don't know why the climate is changing but one thing is for sure...the science certainly isn't settled. I doubt that any of them would care to go before a skeptical oversight committee with the piss poor thimble full of what they call science upon which they have been claiming the science is settled and human beings are the cause..

Has anyone else seen official warmers changing their tune?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...r-purges-climate-change-on-web-page/95929564/

Wisconsin DNR: Climate change cause debatable

Dept. of Natural Resources: Climate change cause debatable

Wisconsin DNR makes controversial changes to ‘climate change’ text | Austrian Tribune

Wisconsin DNR Revises Position on Climate Change: Removes Caused by “Human Activities” from Great Lakes Webpage

Last edited:
I am sure the planet pays close attention to what the Wisconsin (home of the idiot Scott Walker) DNR has to say.

The state Department of Natural Resources recently scrubbed language from an agency web page on the Great Lakes that said humans and greenhouse gases are the main cause of climate change.

[See DNR webpage The Great Lakes and a

[See DNR webpage [URL='http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/greatlakes/climatechange.html']The Great Lakes and a changing world
.]

The department made the changes on Dec. 21, striking out whole sentences attributing global warming to human activities and rising levels of carbon dioxide.

In the latest changes, the DNR says of climate change, “as it has done throughout the centuries, the earth is going through a change. The reasons for this change at this particular time in the earth’s long history are being debated and researched by academic entities outside the Department of Natural Resources.”

“Earth’s climate is changing. Human activities that increase heat-trapping (‘greenhouse’) gases are the main cause.”

So the snowball is rolling...the smart warmers see that the handwriting is on the wall for alarmists and are changing their tune to reflect the truth...that being that we really don't know why the climate is changing but one thing is for sure...the science certainly isn't settled. I doubt that any of them would care to go before a skeptical oversight committee with the piss poor thimble full of what they call science upon which they have been claiming the science is settled and human beings are the cause..

changing world[/URL].]

That is very interesting. Just curious how you noticed this on the particular day the change occurred, or did you read somewhere that the change was coming? Give us some background here.

I'll be anxious to see what effect right wing, anti-science politicians have on the positions of the world's national science organizations.

Well, actually, no I won't.

Last edited:
That is very interesting. Just curious how you noticed this on the particular day the change occurred, or did you read somewhere that the change was coming? Give us some background here.

It isn't as if it were some secret...when a government agency does a turn around on its climate change statement...it is news and news gets around...don't be surprised to see a lot of this in the coming month or so...and even more in the following years....climate wackaloons are going to find that if they wan't public money, they are going to have to do actual science and present repeatable results...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...r-purges-climate-change-on-web-page/95929564/

Wisconsin DNR makes controversial changes to ‘climate change’ text | Austrian Tribune

Wisconsin DNR Revises Position on Climate Change: Removes Caused by “Human Activities” from Great Lakes Webpage

I'll be anxious to see what effect right wing, anti-science politicians have on the positions of the world's national science organizations.

Well, actually, no I won't.

yeah....I can see how requiring them to do actual science with repeatable results as opposed to hysterical handwaving might upset you.

It isn't as if it were some secret...when a government agency does a turn around on its climate change statement...it is news and news gets around...don't be surprised to see a lot of this in the coming month or so...and even more in the following years....climate wackaloons are going to find that if they wan't public money, they are going to have to do actual science and present repeatable results...

Thank you, those links would have been helpful in the OP.

I presume you were asking for OTHER "official warmers changing their tune". But, since these all seem to be reports of the very same instance, the result of your query seems to be NIL.

I hope more agencies and news outlets start walking back from the exaggerated alarmist statements made on very equivocal evidence.

The emperor has no clothes.

There is palpable fear among bureaucrats in the BLM and EPA in my area. One of the superior staff scientists is very worried that he will be called on to produce his work and reasoning for his regulatory policies after Trump takes office.. When he was asked if he had the data to support his policies he went silent. The conversation and lunch ended abruptly.

Yes, there are worried folks out there and in my opinion it is long overdue.. Holding these people to account for their actions is going to cause some serious fireworks..

Look for other agencies to pull back in the coming weeks..

I am sure the planet pays close attention to what the Wisconsin (home of the idiot Scott Walker) DNR has to say.

Nor does it pay attention to the fossil fuel that it created to benefit the small pink creatures...keep them warm, drive their industry, drive their schools to understand and quiet possibly change the universe for the better.

If mother earths little experiment don't work with us, she can try, try again, like she has in the past.

There is palpable fear among bureaucrats in the BLM and EPA in my area. One of the superior staff scientists is very worried that he will be called on to produce his work and reasoning for his regulatory policies after Trump takes office.. When he was asked if he had the data to support his policies he went silent. The conversation and lunch ended abruptly.

Yes, there are worried folks out there and in my opinion it is long overdue.. Holding these people to account for their actions is going to cause some serious fireworks..

Look for other agencies to pull back in the coming weeks..

I haven't verified it for myself because I don't read the NY Times, but I read an article that says that they have stopped using the term denier in their editorial and started using the more honest statement that so and so disputes the science on climate change....if this becomes an honest debate, with no dishonest support from the press, the AGW house of cards may be in the dust bin by summer....at which time we can perhaps move on to actual environmental problems that have been put on hold by the AGW scam.

Forum List

Back