Hospitals Must Post All Prices Online Starting January 1

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED UNDER OBAMA PART 3,693:

Hospitals required to post all prices online beginning January 1.

“Seema Verma, head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said the new requirement for online prices reflects the Trump administration’s ongoing efforts to encourage patients to become better-educated decision makers in their own care.”

Imagine that.

It is one thing for a garage fixing cars. Cars and care are not the same thing. Health care is not in the same game as commerce.

“Seema Verma, head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said the new requirement for online prices reflects the Trump administration’s ongoing efforts to encourage patients to become better-educated decision makers in their own care.”

Imagine that.

When I asked the doctor how much the x-ray on my arm was going to be, he said, "I'tlle run ya"

Can't tell if he is really an auto mechanic or a doctor.

When I was in the hospital to have my appendix out they were going to charge over 2 grand for a CT scan. When I paid for it using money from my health savings they cut it to 800 bucks,

When I was in the hospital to have my appendix out they were going to charge over 2 grand for a CT scan. When I paid for it using money from my health savings they cut it to 800 bucks,

Pimp your daughter out and they will cut it to $400!

Already, under Obamacare, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued guidelines for hospitals to list the price of standard procedures. Those have been in place since 2014, but they give hospitals some wiggle room. They could post their charges online, or supply them only if patients and their families requested them.

Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Require price transparency from health care providers

GOP ADA.......aka>Trumpcare>>>>
Healthcare Reform
Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure
~S~

Imagine that.

Electronic medical records have been easy to get for the past 5 years. Read the article "Standard Prices" in other words a best estimate. Imaging will probably be on the money but everything else I doubt it.

I don't have a daughter, can I borrow yours?

No, but I can run over to the dumpster at Planned Parenthood and maybe scrounge on up.

Imagine that.

Electronic medical records have been easy to get for the past 5 years. Read the article "Standard Prices" in other words a best estimate. Imaging will probably be on the money but everything else I doubt it.
It’s been easy to get?

Ok, how much does an appendectomy cost at Retreat Hospital in Richmond VA?

I’ll wait here since it’s easy.

Good start but I think it will still be terribly confusing

What a patient needs to know is.....

Your procedure and hospital stay will cost $100,000
Your insurance will pay $80,000
You will be responsible for $20,000

Then have the patient be given options to get their copay down

I don't have a daughter, can I borrow yours?

No, but I can run over to the dumpster at Planned Parenthood and maybe scrounge on up.
No need. The bill was paid years ago.

Imagine that.

It’s been easy to get?

Ok, how much does an appendectomy cost at Retreat Hospital in Richmond VA?

I’ll wait here since it’s easy.

You are one dumb fuck or just can't read I never said it was easy to get to get the prices I said it has been easy to get your electronic medical records for about 5 years. BTW most insurance companies if you have your policy with them have had online tools or a department you can call and ask I am having this procedure done at such and such hospital what are my approximate costs? Sometimes they will ask for the code and most insurance companies can come in pretty close to the price before you have the procedure.

Forum List

Back