The legal gymnastics behind Obamacare

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
On December 14, U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor ruled Obamacare unconstitutional because its individual mandate requiring people to have health insurance “can no longer be sustained as an exercise of Congress’s tax power,” since the tax that enforced it is now gone.
The Legal Gymnastics Behind Obamacare | Gary Galles

So this Judge made it so Obama's sheep fall/ fell for all his bs lies lmdao, they fell so hard they voted for the moron twice.

We are all still waiting for the repubs to come up with something better or at least work to fix what they see as wrong with Obama care. Are the repubs smart enough to do it?

We are all still waiting for the repubs to come up with something better or at least work to fix what they see as wrong with Obama care. Are the repubs smart enough to do it?

That argument only makes sense if you start with the assumption that ACA was better than nothing. It was not. It was a step in the wrong direction. The first thing Republicans need to do is clearly and completely repeal it.

Then, they need to lead a sober discussion of what is wrong with the health care market and how we can correct it. This discussion should happen between voters and their representatives - not lobbyists and "vested interests".

That argument only makes sense if you start with the assumption that ACA was better than nothing. It was not. It was a step in the wrong direction. The first thing Republicans need to do is clearly and completely repeal it.

Then, they need to lead a sober discussion of what is wrong with the health care market and how we can correct it. This discussion should happen between voters and their representatives - not lobbyists and "vested interests".
They had congress for two years and did nothing because they knew ACA was better than nothing. If they thought it wasnt why are they stalling?

They had congress for two years and did nothing because they knew ACA was better than nothing. If they thought it wasnt why are they stalling?

Because they like ACA as much as the Democrats. They're not about to let go of the power it gives them.

Because they like ACA as much as the Democrats. They're not about to let go of the power it gives them.
Thanks for agreeing with me. ACA is better than nothing.

I guess I wasn't clear. I don't think ACA was better than nothing. It was (still is) worse.

I guess I wasn't clear. I don't think ACA was better than nothing. It was (still is) worse.
You arent in congress so I really dont know why you brought that up when my point was that congress knew ACA is better than nothing.

You arent in congress so I really dont know why you brought that up when my point was that congress knew ACA is better than nothing.

Ahh.. ok. You're just trolling me. Sorry to fall for it. :)

Ahh.. ok. You're just trolling me. Sorry to fall for it. :)
Nope. You just decided to change the subject without a warning sign. My question was about what congress thought not what you personally thought. I wouldnt have asked what you personally liked or thought because I know that just your opinion without any kind of evidence behind it. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back