Hoping for the worst

Maggie, et al

Good post and very true, the same happened when Clinton won. That marked the start of it as the conservative media machine and years of corporate support for think tanks and editorial opinion has clouded the minds of many republicans and conservatives. Foes make some comfortable, gives them reason for living.

I don't remember it happening before Clinton and Bush Jr, while mediocre and a bit lost at first had things easy too. Bush criticisms didn't start till he squandered the surplus and invaded the wrong nation. Katrina didn't help either. Contrast with Haiti under the Obama administration.

It is change and the loss of power that get so republicans and conservatives up in arms. Clinton tried healthcare and gay acceptance in the military and the wingnuts went nuts. It is a difficult phenomenon to understand or even outline. I was talking to some friends just today who wondered how the right became so unreasonable. I don't know.

These are interesting and explain a bit. It could just be human nature rebels against things that don't fit their world view and reason has no place here. Hirschman even picks on we perfect people. LOL

Amazon.com: The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy (9780674768680): Albert O. Hirschman: Books

Harvard University Press: The Rhetoric of Reaction : Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy by Albert O. Hirschman

Amazon.com: On Being Certain: Believing You Are Right Even When You're Not (9780312541521): Robert Burton: Books

It seems to me that anyone that criticizes you is either a wingnut or wrong. Get over it. Its part of a debate.

Grow up and stop crying how unfair it is when someone criticizes you.

jesus h christ fails, will you ever get your head out of your ass, it's called politics, so you simple fuckers got out Roved, what's your fucking problem hypocrite

Thats rich! After you guys spent eight years basing you strategy on how bad things were and using it to get into power you go around and claim the other side is doing it to you.

BTW, is things getting better? And have we had a terrorist attack? Yes and Yes so that means that Obama sucks and you know it.

really, nutbar? is that why everyone threw their support behind baby bush after 9.11? or did he have a 90% approval rating b/c the big bad liberals were pretending to hope for him to succeed?

stop projecting

I th most liberals couldn't stand how well the economy was doing up until 07 and exagerated every little thing in order to get into power because why would you change the person in office if there is nothing wrong.

BTW, I am hoping that Obama fails. I don't give a rats ass about him and his agenda but if he would just change his tune to a POLICY that I would like then I would change my mind but in the meantime I will keep hoping that he not only fails but accidently dies in office.

You hope he dies in office? You don't know jack shit about his policies; nor have any understanding of Western Philosophy, world or American history or current events. You exceed what I call willful ignorance and you disgust me! Your opinions are wothless for the words you post have the same substance as that of a parrot in a cage - yes, you appear to be that dumb.
The sad, and scary thing is, you're not alone. America won't fall because some assholes fly a few planes into buildings, or bomb an aircraft and kill a couple of hundred people, America will fall because stupid people like you hold opinions based on hate and fear and will sell the rights so many have died for for a little bit of security.

I think most liberals couldn't stand how well the economy was doing up until 07 and exagerated every little thing in order to get into power because why would you change the person in office if there is nothing wrong.

BTW, I am hoping that Obama fails. I don't give a rats ass about him and his agenda but if he would just change his tune to a POLICY that I would like then I would change my mind but in the meantime I will keep hoping that he not only fails but accidently dies in office.

If you're willing to admit you hope he drops dead in office in public, I can only imagine how you feel in private. Want to hang him from the tree yourself asshole?

I want Obama to survive presidency. Indeed, I want him to come through with good health. I want him to help our economy. If he does that, I'll probably vote for him, though I don't expect either via his policies.

I don't want the US gov't to control banks, health care, auto industry, coal mines, etc. I want all those in private hands. I know the Europeans want and are comfortable with that, just don't think it's right for America. We're sort of contrarians, we want to say what we want, from government and/or employers. We're also comfortable saying that there are limits for both. We'll call those limits. Bottom line, governement/laws are coming from the people.

hey willow, still can't get over the blowhard cowboy got 3000 killed on his watch, but then again you morons blame that on Clinton , so tell us again what is Obama's body count up too now?

who knows? did you dig up Chicago?:cuckoo:

It seems to me that anyone that criticizes you is either a wingnut or wrong. Get over it. Its part of a debate.

I missed any time when you actually debated? Enlighten me.

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

so libtards have now cornered the market on morality, politics, compassion and debate.. they do nothing,, absolutely nothing wrong.. I think we got it all righty.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

nice non answer as usual Willow, and you love to talk about empty suits, what a surprise

hey,, I gave you a compliment,, told ya you were perfect human beings and you want to insult me?? :eusa_eh: the only faulty evil human on earth are republicans and booooooooooooosh.. we got that.. o perfect people.

I don't give a fuck how long it took bush. There have been two in this admin in less than a year. Loon.

so willow what is the body count in obama's first year , we all remember Boooooooooooooooosh got 3000 killed in his first 9months

I don't give a fuck how long it took bush. There have been two in this admin in less than a year. Loon.

so willow what is the body count in obama's first year , we all remember Boooooooooooooooosh got 3000 killed in his first 9months

I've already told you booooooooooooooooooooosh was the consumate evil man and your man is a perfect person as you are,, so now what do you want from me???? you knew he was evil before I did,, that's why you marched and protested in the streets and threw eggs on him.. oh I wish I was as wise as the perfect people are.

Sorry, for the interruption, but I am hoping for the worst...

... for the Dallas Cowboys!!!! :lol:

I missed any time when you actually debated? Enlighten me.

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

Yet others have and yet you choose the weakest links. Over and over again.

nice non answer as usual Willow, and you love to talk about empty suits, what a surprise

hey,, I gave you a compliment,, told ya you were perfect human beings and you want to insult me?? :eusa_eh: the only faulty evil human on earth are republicans and booooooooooooosh.. we got that.. o perfect people.

Bush evil? Stubborn, incompetent and not very bright sure, but I don't believe he was evil. Republicans evil? Nope, not as a class, some are, but so are some Democrats.
Even some on the far right are not evil, but too many are.
Consider: liberals (generally) believe in the golden rule; conservatives (generally) believe gold rules.

not much ,but a little less smart mouth would be one hell of a start

hey! what can I tell ya.. I'm not a perfect people.. I got a long way to go before I become as perfect as you people are, just think someday if I strive hard I will be perfect in every way,, politically, morally,, ethically, wow,, striving for perfection,,,

Bush evil? Stubborn, incompetent and not very bright sure, but I don't believe he was evil. Republicans evil? Nope, not as a class, some are, but so are some Democrats.
Even some on the far right are not evil, but too many are.
Consider: liberals (generally) believe in the golden rule; conservatives (generally) believe gold rules.

That might be good for a sig. Other than that? Not much.

Forum List

Back