Hope for Iraq

CSM

Jul 7, 2004
Northeast US
Iraqis wary as school year starts

Six million students are expected to begin school Saturday in a key test of security.

By Howard LaFranchi | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

BAGHDAD – Khadija Ali Mijaual plans to greet children and parents at the front gate of the Nejib Pasha elementary school this Saturday, just as she has done every first day of school for the past 17 years she's been principal.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0928/p01s02-woiq.html

This article gives some great insight. The education is so important for these people. I am hoping and praying so hard that the school year comes off without a hitch for these folks.

CSM said:
Iraqis wary as school year starts

Six million students are expected to begin school Saturday in a key test of security.

By Howard LaFranchi | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

BAGHDAD – Khadija Ali Mijaual plans to greet children and parents at the front gate of the Nejib Pasha elementary school this Saturday, just as she has done every first day of school for the past 17 years she's been principal.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0928/p01s02-woiq.html

This article gives some great insight. The education is so important for these people. I am hoping and praying so hard that the school year comes off without a hitch for these folks.

I hope the terrorists have enough sense to leave the schools alone. The Iraqis traditionally have been among the most educated of the Arabs.

Kathianne said:
I hope the terrorists have enough sense to leave the schools alone. The Iraqis traditionally have been among the most educated of the Arabs.

I won't hope for them to have any sense but hopefully they will leave the children alone! Thanks to Kerry spouting how terrible things are going in Iraq, I wouldn't put it past them to try to make Kerry appear correct.

I have teh same sentiment. However, given what happened at Belsan, I am very fearful for the Iraqi kids. It must be horrible for their parents on trying to decide what to do.

If I were a US military commander, I would make damned sure those school kids were well protected.

Agreed---the sight of our troops protecting thier children HAS to have some meaning to them.--If not---the Iraqis are not worth another American life.

I pray and pray that no attack happens on these kids... that would too cruel... these kids and their parents deserve a break and a chance to just be kids again (not do their homework, fall asleep in class, compete academically, have a crush on the girl you sit next to, etc etc)

Forum List

Back