Hope and Change

I'm sorry -- I didn't see where you openly admit that I am correct and that you are wrong.
Can't muster the intellectual honesty to do so? No surprise.

Further, as I already asked and as you have failed to answer:
What "contract", where is this "contract" found, who made that "contract", who is "ripping" it up, how are they doing so - and how does any of that apply to the issue at hand?

That contract is backed up by one hundred million votes. Just try ripping it up

Sorry, but the two parties that so many people worship have long since accomplished that task.

Immie

Just let them tell two hundred million people who have been paying into Social Security their whole lives that you have decided to give them nothing

France, Italy, Spain, and Greece can no longer print their own money.

Dumbass. :lol:

Germany is doing fine, as they haven't suffered a reduction in their credit rating. Yet Germany can no longer print their own money, not since 2002. Interesting how your responses seem to have holes in them. :lol: So I suppose you are saying Greece doesn't have a debt, spending problem? Who's the dumbass now?

You were talking about countries who had a reduction in credit rating, and the cause. Germany is irrelevant to this discussion.

The reason why they got a reduction is because they cannot print more money. We can, so obviously the fact that we can always pay our debts means there was a different reason why we were downgraded: Republican intransigence and gamesmanship.

You do a fine job of doging around trying to come with ANY other reason than the obvious. The government in Greece has a spending problem and a national debt which is the direct result of all the entitlements the Greece wants to hold on to. The United States credit rating was a direct result of the amount of spending and debt that has accumulated.

allow me to include something you don't have . . . proof

S&P further warned:

The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to ‘AA’ within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.

Democrats own the downgrade. They fought Republicans and Tea Party supporters every step of they way, and forced a deal which was insufficient. They played class warfare and race politics against arguments that we needed to drastically change our spending habits.

Another lie on your part.
I -clearly- explained my position when I said:
Federal revenue exceeds federal outlays for debt service by a considerable margin.

As to the specific:
FY2009:
Total federal revenue: $2104.6B
Spending on debt service: 187.3B (8.9% of revenue)
CBO | The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2010 to 2020

As such, not a single dime need be borrowed to pay for our debt service, and so the inability to borrow in no way necessarily leads to a default.

Thus, my position is sound; thus, you continue to lie.

He is correct, we could have always pulled the plug on our military and sent them all home as well as tell Social Security retirees they are out of luck
Yeah, that would do it!
yes.gif

But other than breaking contracts with Americans, I don't see any other way.

You have a contract with Social Security?

Could you post a copy?

Still waiting for an answer:

What "contract", where is this "contract" found, who made that "contract", who is "ripping" it up, how are they doing so - and how does any of that apply to the issue at hand?

That contract was written by the US Government with the people of the United States. It provided for people to pay a significant portion of the salary with an expectation that defined benefits would be available upon reaching retirement age

Politicians who have attempted to fuck with that contract have found themselves quickly out of work

Germany is doing fine, as they haven't suffered a reduction in their credit rating. Yet Germany can no longer print their own money, not since 2002. Interesting how your responses seem to have holes in them. :lol: So I suppose you are saying Greece doesn't have a debt, spending problem? Who's the dumbass now?

You were talking about countries who had a reduction in credit rating, and the cause. Germany is irrelevant to this discussion.

The reason why they got a reduction is because they cannot print more money. We can, so obviously the fact that we can always pay our debts means there was a different reason why we were downgraded: Republican intransigence and gamesmanship.

You do a fine job of doging around trying to come with ANY other reason than the obvious. The government in Greece has a spending problem and a national debt which is the direct result of all the entitlements the Greece wants to hold on to. The United States credit rating was a direct result of the amount of spending and debt that has accumulated.

allow me to include something you don't have . . . proof

S&P further warned:

The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to ‘AA’ within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.

Democrats own the downgrade. They fought Republicans and Tea Party supporters every step of they way, and forced a deal which was insufficient. They played class warfare and race politics against arguments that we needed to drastically change our spending habits.

What is this bolded part, and why are you trying to pass it off as part of S&P's statement?

That is blatantly dishonest.

That contract was written by the US Government with the people of the United States. It provided for people to pay a significant portion of the salary with an expectation that defined benefits would be available upon reaching retirement age

Politicians who have attempted to fuck with that contract have found themselves quickly out of work
It's tiresome that M14 Shooter plays dumb, making someone have to type out the obvious.

The SCOTUS found that the government does not owe you social security.

Social Security's Sham Guarantee | Michael D. Tanner | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary
Of course it doesn't. You have no guarantee of any benefit of any sort.
The federal government can, at any time reduce, even eliminate, any benefit you might receive - and you have no legal recourse whatsoever.

Last edited:
Last edited:

It's tiresome that M14 Shooter plays dumb, making someone have to type out the obvious.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/213440-hope-and-change-31.html#post4984238
Still no response...?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/213440-hope-and-change-31.html#post4984431
Still no response..?

If you're so right about this, why is your tail tucked so far under you as you run away from your end of the discussion that you use it to wipe the snot from your nose?
Interesting how your lack of intellectual honesty mixes so well with your cowardice - but then, that's common among your ilk.

Last edited:
Short bus is here!
Yes -- the one you boarded in order to flee from a discussion you know you have no capacity to have.
Still waiting for your responses to my points.
You had no points. All you had was a declarative statement with nothing to back it up.
This is a lie, posted in lieu of a response that you haven't the capacity to give.

If you're -so- right about all this, why do you dodge, evade, misdirect and lie rather than effectively respond to what's put to you?

(The answer to that question, of course, is something we both know: you're wrong)

When you're ready to man up, you may address these posts:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/213440-hope-and-change-31.html#post4984238

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/213440-hope-and-change-31.html#post4984431

Yes -- the one you boarded in order to flee from a discussion you know you have no capacity to have.
Still waiting for your responses to my points.
You had no points. All you had was a declarative statement with nothing to back it up.
This is a lie, posted in lieu of a response that you haven't the capacity to give.

If you're -so- right about all this, why do you dodge, evade, misdirect and lie rather than effectively respond to what's put to you?

(The answer to that question, of course, is something we both know: you're wrong)

Mindless figures, with no accounting for America's obligations.

Break it down.

Please feel fee to show how:
1: They are inaccurate
2: They do not prove my point, and thus, disprove your claim.

I'll accept your pending response, which is sure to do neither, as your concession of the point.

Last edited:

Please feel fee to show how:
1: They are inaccurate
2: They do not prove my point, and thus, disprove your claim.

I'll accept your pending response, which is sure to do neither, as your concession of the point.
What's that? Silence? Cowardice?
Not a surprise.

Forum List

Back