HOOK AND DRAW! Understanding the 21' Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't news. FBI firearms instructors tell cops about this as part of their routine training. The drill is to make sure that there is always something between yourself and the person with the knife. Cops are trained to deal with these situations. The average CC gun owner doesn't have a clue.

I doubt you ever fired anything bigger than a Daisy Red Rider, Sally.

I obtained my marksman qualification badge in the military, lying wannabe marine.

Now let's factor in if the shooter has ever shot another person....don't think paper or tin cans on a fence post is anything like the real deal. Ever been stabbed? Knives are fucking scary, so again there's the potential for the total freeze. Then there's the legality of the shoot....were you really threatened by somebody with a knife over 20' from you and can you convince a jury you believed you were.

The best bet is to unholster your weapon and keep it pointed at the ground....that's perfectly legal. If you point it at a person you may as well fire it because you've already committed a felony if you aren't in real danger.
That's what CC classes teach.
Here, it also teaches to shoot until the son of a bitch is dead, so he can't sue you.

Thereby setting yourself up for a murder charge! :cuckoo:
Find a case of a man in Louisiana killing an armed assailant and being convicted of murder and I will worry about the opinion of an asswipe like you.

Not everyone lives in the stinking bayous of Louisiana.

Now let's factor in if the shooter has ever shot another person....don't think paper or tin cans on a fence post is anything like the real deal. Ever been stabbed? Knives are fucking scary, so again there's the potential for the total freeze. Then there's the legality of the shoot....were you really threatened by somebody with a knife over 20' from you and can you convince a jury you believed you were.

The best bet is to unholster your weapon and keep it pointed at the ground....that's perfectly legal. If you point it at a person you may as well fire it because you've already committed a felony if you aren't in real danger.
That's what CC classes teach.
Here, it also teaches to shoot until the son of a bitch is dead, so he can't sue you.

Thereby setting yourself up for a murder charge! :cuckoo:
Find a case of a man in Louisiana killing an armed assailant and being convicted of murder and I will worry about the opinion of an asswipe like you.

Not everyone lives in the stinking bayous of Louisiana.
I live on a nice, high ridge with no stinking bayous anywhere near.

But you are still an asswipe, asswipe.

So anyway, how far or close is 21'? I'm a tick under 6'2" and my walking stride is almost exactly 36" or 3'. So walk off 7 strides from a wall and that's your 21'. And now you see why 10 strides or 30' is a better bet.

I obtained my marksman qualification badge in the military, lying wannabe marine.

Oh yeah? What outfit, MOS, what's the patch look like?

You think a guy with a marksmanship patch would be able to tell me about it in less than 15 minutes....clock still ticking.

Now 31 minutes....I guess now we know who the "lying wannabe" is, chump.

Last edited:

Still no reply about the particulars eh? tic toc tic toc tic toc

Your ignorance and stupidity still shine through with every post.

For starters this is a message board, not a chat room.

Secondly I am not obliged to respond to your puerile demands.

Unlike you I am not a proven liar with zero credibility in this forum.

And unlike you I don't consider my time as a conscript to be my "glory days" either. Yes, I served but only because I was called up like so many others. The military was not a part of my life that I wanted for myself.

When it comes to firearms I know my own capabilities and limitations. I have had the benefit of FBI firearms instruction and police firearms training simulators. No, I have never fired a weapon in combat or at a person.

So I have no need to prove anything at all to you. My self esteem is not dependent upon the opinion of a proven liar like you.

Have a nice day.

And unlike you I don't consider my time as a conscript to be my "glory days" either. Yes, I served but only because I was called up like so many others. The military was not a part of my life that I wanted for myself.

When it comes to firearms I know my own capabilities and limitations. I have had the benefit of FBI firearms instruction and police firearms training simulators. No, I have never fired a weapon in combat or at a person.

So I have no need to prove anything at all to you. My self esteem is not dependent upon the opinion of a proven liar like you.

Have a nice day.

In other words you're a lying sack of shit....remember that next time you're tempted to mess with me, punk.

Still no reply about the particulars eh? tic toc tic toc tic toc

Have a nice day.

But plinking a paper target is far different than a crackhead with a knife running at you or worse actually being shot at.

The sympathetic nervous system does a lot of nasty stuff when it kicks in under stress. A lot of military and police training tries to compensate for it and scenario training tries to mimic it. But there no way to truly experience it without being in it.

What the hell is a marksmanship patch? Never heard of one in my 27 years in the military.

No such thing in the US military....which was my point....NRA hands them out as I believe the Boy Scouts do...the jackass never served and never corrected me.

What the hell is a marksmanship patch? Never heard of one in my 27 years in the military.

No such thing in the US military....which was my point....NRA hands them out as I believe the Boy Scouts do...the jackass never served and never corrected me.
But he said he had a marksmanship badge, not a patch. That he was ignoring your use of patch when he never claimed to have one is not any kind of evidence that he's a poseur. He used the correct word.

But he said he had a marksmanship badge, not a patch. That he was ignoring your use of patch when he never claimed to have one is not any kind of evidence that he's a poseur. He used the correct word.

A "poseur"? Listen, I got a history with that piece of shit waiting for an opportunity to settle a score...He stepped in it and ran. If he's had any training it was civilian, probably as a little kid in the Scouts. Anything else?

Haven't used a gun, and only use a knife for cooking. Never seen tasers or guns used either. Prefer to keep it that way, the exception being if I opened in a shop - in which case some basic gun training might be necessary.

A "poseur"?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/poseur Poseur:
noun, plural poseurs [poh-zurz; French paw-zœr] /poʊˈzɜrz; French pɔˈzœr/ (Show IPA)
1. a person who attempts to impress others by assuming or affecting a manner, degree of elegance, sentiment, etc., other than his or her true one.

You've never heard the word? Or do you only know the corrupted spelling "poser?"

Listen, I got a history with that piece of shit waiting for an opportunity to settle a score...[/quote] Completely irrelevant.
He stepped in it and ran.
I didn't notice. He just wasn't responding as promptly as you would like. It's a message board...people leave and come back.
If he's had any training it was civilian, probably as a little kid in the Scouts.
That's your assumption. You have no evidence except for failing to correct you misusing a word.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/poseur Poseur:
noun, plural poseurs [poh-zurz; French paw-zœr] /poʊˈzɜrz; French pɔˈzœr/ (Show IPA)
1. a person who attempts to impress others by assuming or affecting a manner, degree of elegance, sentiment, etc., other than his or her true one.

"27 years" in who's military? Nobody I know would spell poser with the frog u in it, so it looks like you're the shitbag's beard eh? Too late....he ran....like a frog. Now you either get on topic or get the fuck out of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back