Homophobic Whitey McWhiteman Mike the dinosaur Pence to endorse Cruz

What is wrong with Homophobia?

It's the irrational fear of homosexuals, so in your case, really there's nothing wrong. It's you being you.

Explain how people are afraid of homosexuals. I'm not a fan of bread pudding.. does this mean I am scared of bread pudding?
I am sure that few if any fear gay people in the sense that they experience anxiety when in their presence such as might be the case if it were someone who could actually harm them at the moment, in some way. However, there are many ways to be fearful. Homophobes may be afraid of the changes to society that gay people represent. They may be fearful of the changing definition of the family even though same sex marriage is just the latest manifestation of change. The changing sexual norms and values my assail their sensibilities and they blame the gays for it, even though the acceptance of gays is a result, not a cause of those broader changes. Finally, they may, on some level have doubts and fears about their own sexuality and see gays as a threat in the sense that it may compel them to confront a side to themselves that they would rather ignore. And, they are alI, irrational fears and therefore neurotic. l hope that answers your question.

No, it just reaffirms what I already know. It is a label that is thrown around, like bigot and racist that seeks to shame people for not throwing all in on what someone else believes. No sane person would rationally argue that gays should be denied any rights that anyone else is entitled to. Hey, I'm all in. But when I tell you that I just don't accept gay marriage, and the response almost in every case is to label me a homophobe, well, that's just crazy. I can hold a belief/opinion opposite to you, I am allowed. It doesn't mean I wish anyone harm or to be disadvantaged or that I am scared.
OK, what exactly do you mean when you say that you "don't accept gay marriage"? And notice that I have not called you or anyone else a homophobe. I simply explain how it can be accurately applied to some people who in fact are fearful in some way and on some level. I did not use it against anyone for disagreeing with me.
Because gay marriage is unacceptable.

I am sure that few if any fear gay people in the sense that they experience anxiety when in their presence such as might be the case if it were someone who could actually harm them at the moment, in some way. However, there are many ways to be fearful. Homophobes may be afraid of the changes to society that gay people represent. They may be fearful of the changing definition of the family even though same sex marriage is just the latest manifestation of change. The changing sexual norms and values my assail their sensibilities and they blame the gays for it, even though the acceptance of gays is a result, not a cause of those broader changes. Finally, they may, on some level have doubts and fears about their own sexuality and see gays as a threat in the sense that it may compel them to confront a side to themselves that they would rather ignore. And, they are alI, irrational fears and therefore neurotic. l hope that answers your question.

So then, "homophobe" is just an epithet that leftists hurl to cow others into submission. :thup:

No different that the use of the word "niqqer" by democrats through the ages.

No homophobe is a term to describe someone who demonstrates a fear of homosexuals but cannot offer a rational reason for that fear.

And fear means, they don't want gays to have equal rights because they fear the consequences of those equal rights,

and still, they can't articulate any fearsome consequences.
As usual you retarde libs ASSume we fear them. Idiots.
No one is assuming anything. We are just explaining the use of the word. I don't know -or care - what your problem with gays is. But I have to wonder, if it's not fear, what is it? Idiot!

It's the irrational fear of homosexuals, so in your case, really there's nothing wrong. It's you being you.

Explain how people are afraid of homosexuals. I'm not a fan of bread pudding.. does this mean I am scared of bread pudding?

No, it just reaffirms what I already know. It is a label that is thrown around, like bigot and racist that seeks to shame people for not throwing all in on what someone else believes. No sane person would rationally argue that gays should be denied any rights that anyone else is entitled to. Hey, I'm all in. But when I tell you that I just don't accept gay marriage, and the response almost in every case is to label me a homophobe, well, that's just crazy. I can hold a belief/opinion opposite to you, I am allowed. It doesn't mean I wish anyone harm or to be disadvantaged or that I am scared.
OK, what exactly do you mean when you say that you "don't accept gay marriage"? And notice that I have not called you or anyone else a homophobe. I simply explain how it can be accurately applied to some people who in fact are fearful in some way and on some level. I did not use it against anyone for disagreeing with me.

On what grounds sufficient to give the government compelling reasons to deny it as an equal right?

Actually that poster provided a reasonable answer. He understands that he can be opposed to it personally but the we should not discriminate. I suspect that when YOU say tat same sex marriage is unacceptable, you are not displaying that same level of enlightenment . It matters little - marriage equality is here to stay - and there is not a damned thing that you can do about it. I'll bet that it in no way had the slightest impact on your personal life, but jerks like you and Ted Cruz can't just move on and allow others to live as they see fit. Why is that?

On what grounds sufficient to give the government compelling reasons to deny it as an equal right?
Common! Give the poor guy a break. That is a hard question that requires a functioning brain to answer.

Cool, I respect that. I just believe marriage is an institution between a man a woman... correction, one man and one woman. With that said, do I care if men marry men? Not really, I Have bigger crawfish to boil. Let the gays be as miserable as us straight folks.

:)
OK we're good :beer:

Thanks. It's nice to know I can have a discussion without being called names. Even when I try my damnedest to explain my position, civilly and rationally, like, repeatedly. And then all I get is something like "so, you're a bigot".

And yes, both sides do it. I'm probably guilt of it to at some point too.

“Lucifer in the flesh”: John Boehner emerges from retirement to absolutely torch Ted Cruz

“Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner said of Cruz, reportedly making a face of disgust and repeating a line he used last month during the Futures Industry Association conference in Boca Raton, Florida. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life,” the former speaker said of the universally detested Texas lawmaker.

LYIN TED VOTED to SETTLE REFUGEES in INDIANA. HOMOPHOBE Mike SIGNED OFF ON IT. VOTE FOR WONDERFUL DONALD!

ChOPEm0UcAEFZ7L.jpg

No homophobe is a term to describe someone who demonstrates a fear of homosexuals but cannot offer a rational reason for that fear.

I have never met such a person, yet you leftists hurl the epithet at any who dares hold any political position that differs from the party.

Sorry, your claim is a lie.

And fear means, they don't want gays to have equal rights because they fear the consequences of those equal rights,

and still, they can't articulate any fearsome consequences.

Can you articulate your fear and hatred of whites and Christians?

Then you are not a homophobe. Congratulations. You're just a bigot

If, and it is a BIG if, there are people who actually suffer from "homophobia" they are as rage as those with acrophobia of ergophobia.

How you Communists use the word is as an epithet to hurl at those whom you hate. No different than how you democrats used "niqqer" for 200 years.

It's just you spewing your filthy bigotry.

Forum List

Back