Homeschooling: the ultimate results

If mommy doesn't know the answer she is smart enough to find the one who does...
Home schooled kids are smarter, no matter how much you protest.

Nothing crazed about where we stand in the world. We don't even make the top ten in education, but we are #2 in ignorance.
  1. South Korea (1.30)
  2. Japan (1.03)
  3. Singapore (0.99)
  4. Hong Kong (0.96)
  5. Finland (0.92)
  6. United Kingdom (0.67)
  7. Canada (0.60)
  8. Netherlands (0.58)
  9. Ireland (0.51)
  10. Poland (0.50
    education | Ranking America

yah... our educational levels aren't where they should be because religious zealots refuse to allow their kids to learn science. that is only one reason blue states have higher educational levels than red states....

Mississippi anyone?

Except when the Bible actually was taught in schools our standing in the world wide educational community was much better. #1 in fact.
So actually, it is the reverse of what you say that is true.

See? You would have know that if you had been home schooled... :slap:

That is false. And if it were true, you bible thumpers wouldn't have educational levels in the trash bin.

How do you know?

Because of there was an epidemic of them, it would make the news just like failing government schools do.

With no monitoring, who is to complain? You think the home school parents are going to demand less home schooling?

Where are the uneducated of today coming from, home schools or government schools?

The reality remains, parents can give their kids a good education at home.
Nothing shows homeschool kids do better than if they were in a public school environment

Likewise, no evidence they do worse. First hand accounts, moreover, are overwhelmingly positive.
Anecdotal exaggeration

Yeah, right!

You should say "some", but that would defeat your argument, wouldn't it?

It's up to the parents and students to access them, just like parents and students in government schools have resources they can choose to access.

Note that I never said they could not. Please explain the resources available in a small farming community more then 50 miles away from the nearest large city. You simply cannot make blanket statements as homeschools supporters have a strong tendency to do.

First off, they have a great advantage in biology, since it's literally out in the barn. Then, online curricula place everything at the parents' fingertips. This isn't the 1950's any more.

Do you ever consider how few people living in rural areas have access to the Internet?

Ever take a welding class on-line? How about chemistry labs?

How about any other number of classes that need to be hands-on?

You do realize that government schools in those same locations have the same kinds of issues, right? In some areas, home schooled kids have access to government school facilities for things difficult to do at home. In addition, remote areas typically don't tick parents off so much they teach their kids at home.

Very true

Some can, some can't

If mommy doesn't know the answer she is smart enough to find the one who does...
Home schooled kids are smarter, no matter how much you protest.

Nothing crazed about where we stand in the world. We don't even make the top ten in education, but we are #2 in ignorance.
  1. South Korea (1.30)
  2. Japan (1.03)
  3. Singapore (0.99)
  4. Hong Kong (0.96)
  5. Finland (0.92)
  6. United Kingdom (0.67)
  7. Canada (0.60)
  8. Netherlands (0.58)
  9. Ireland (0.51)
  10. Poland (0.50
    education | Ranking America

yah... our educational levels aren't where they should be because religious zealots refuse to allow their kids to learn science. that is only one reason blue states have higher educational levels than red states....

Mississippi anyone?

Except when the Bible actually was taught in schools our standing in the world wide educational community was much better. #1 in fact.
So actually, it is the reverse of what you say that is true.

See? You would have know that if you had been home schooled... :slap:

That is false. And if it were true, you bible thumpers wouldn't have educational levels in the trash bin.

:eusa_doh:It's true no matter how many personal insults you hurl:

In the 1960s and 1970s, the United States had the best-educated young people in the world, or pretty close to it. But a disturbing new report from the Council on Foreign Relations says that the generations who’ve followed the boomers haven’t been able to maintain that global edge – and that, as a result, America’s ability to compete economically is suffering as well.
U.S. Global Education Rankings Slipping, Boomers Once Held Strong Lead

And to the idiot that thinks parents home school so they can have sex with their children, if a parent wanted to have sex with their children (odd your mind went there..) they could just wait until public school let out. :eusa_doh:
What a bizarre hyperbole though. Makes you wonder...

Last edited:
It's up to the parents and students to access them, just like parents and students in government schools have resources they can choose to access.

Note that I never said they could not. Please explain the resources available in a small farming community more then 50 miles away from the nearest large city. You simply cannot make blanket statements as homeschools supporters have a strong tendency to do.

First off, they have a great advantage in biology, since it's literally out in the barn. Then, online curricula place everything at the parents' fingertips. This isn't the 1950's any more.

Do you ever consider how few people living in rural areas have access to the Internet?

Ever take a welding class on-line? How about chemistry labs?

How about any other number of classes that need to be hands-on?

You do realize that government schools in those same locations have the same kinds of issues, right? In some areas, home schooled kids have access to government school facilities for things difficult to do at home. In addition, remote areas typically don't tick parents off so much they teach their kids at home.

What "same kind of issues"?

I taught in rural schools for the past 5 years. The vast majority of my students were farm kids. When I have to tell a student to go outside and scrap the manure off their boots, I think I can detect the manure in your posts.

Also, I think I am familiar enough with the areas to know that there are few homeschoolers and there are no facilities available to them.

I believe now you have gone to talking out of your ass like a typical homeschool supporter. I guess you believe that if can't dazzle them with your brilliance, you try to baffle them with bullshit.

I grew up in a rural area and am familiar with the challenges faced by the people therein.

You can find racists everywhere, but to make a blanket statement that all home schooling parents are doing it because they are IS hateful and stupid.

I think you need to look up the term "blanket statement" because you obviously do not understand it.

To say parents home school so their kids don't have to play with Negros isn't a blanket statement?

Please quote where I said anything of the sort.

Whether you believe it or not, for some disgusting people out there, it is a consideration. Just look at some of the posts on this forum.

For some, yes. For all, no. Go back over the post I responded to.

That post is quoted above. Are you incapable or reading? My posts are in red. Show me where I said what you claimed. Your claim's text is in blue.

Why are you assuming you are the originator? Like I said, go back over the thread and find what I was responding to. History did not start with you, you know.

Because of there was an epidemic of them, it would make the news just like failing government schools do.

With no monitoring, who is to complain? You think the home school parents are going to demand less home schooling?

Where are the uneducated of today coming from, home schools or government schools?

Nothing shows homeschool kids do better than if they were in a public school environment

Likewise, no evidence they do worse. First hand accounts, moreover, are overwhelmingly positive.
Anecdotal exaggeration

In the absence of other evidence, it's the best we have. If it simply didn't work, we'd know. We do know that it does work because those who do it generally succeed.

I think you need to look up the term "blanket statement" because you obviously do not understand it.

To say parents home school so their kids don't have to play with Negros isn't a blanket statement?

Whether you believe it or not, for some disgusting people out there, it is a consideration. Just look at some of the posts on this forum.

That post is quoted above. Are you incapable or reading? My posts are in red. Show me where I said what you claimed. Your claim's text is in blue.

Why are you assuming you are the originator? Like I said, go back over the thread and find what I was responding to. History did not start with you, you know.

You keep quoting my posts, dumb ass!

Anecdotal exaggeration

In the absence of other evidence, it's the best we have. If it simply didn't work, we'd know. We do know that it does work because those who do it generally succeed.
We don't know that
Those who fail just drop off the radar or return to public school

It has been demonstrated millions of times over
No it never has the burden is on you to demonstrate it not some vague other.
Poor children from struggling families could never afford an education
Free public education made it possible to succeed

Thanks for the history lesson. US Public Schools suck relative to the rest of the industrialized world. It's time to make major changes or close them down and find better alternatives.
Other nations have centrally controlled education
We farm it out to local communities

The idea is not which entity controls public education.....the question is accountability.

If you are stupid or lazy you do not advance in public education in England, as an example, past age 16. Accountability is built in every step of the way.

Those who do not want to be educated and disrupt public schools need to be culled from the herd. Public school on the taxpayer dime is a privilege...it should not be a right.

I work in public schools...it is mostly a joke. Roughly a 1/3 of kids do not want to learn are really do not want to participate. That is obviously a personal choice. Those students absorb the bulk of time and energy in public schools, and it is an utter waste.

I've literally had a teacher tell me that my child was did not need much attention, as an indicator of how well she was doing, relative to the kids that are problems.

I've told that to another parent, who is also a teacher, and she had been told the same.

Repealing truancy laws, and mandatory attendance would greatly improve public schools overnight.

You join the conversation and comment on it, you get quoted.

Anecdotal exaggeration

We don't know that

1. Is there an epidemic of uneducated home schooled kids? I say no, because I have been involved with home schooling organizations and have seen good results. I see the detractors as sitting on the outside taking potshots for no good reason other than vague partisan ideas that conservative parents are getting away with something. If the concern is really for kids getting a good education, then we should be championing whatever works, and home schooling is a valid option for frustrated parents
Why try to deny them that opportunity?
2. Why is it a problem if they return to government schools? Parents home school for a variety of reasons and can decide they no longer need or want to.

Thanks for the history lesson. US Public Schools suck relative to the rest of the industrialized world. It's time to make major changes or close them down and find better alternatives.

The idea is not which entity controls public education.....the question is accountability.

If you are stupid or lazy you do not advance in public education in England, as an example, past age 16. Accountability is built in every step of the way.

Those who do not want to be educated and disrupt public schools need to be culled from the herd. Public school on the taxpayer dime is a privilege...it should not be a right.

I work in public schools...it is mostly a joke. Roughly a 1/3 of kids do not want to learn are really do not want to participate. That is obviously a personal choice. Those students absorb the bulk of time and energy in public schools, and it is an utter waste.

I've literally had a teacher tell me that my child was did not need much attention, as an indicator of how well she was doing, relative to the kids that are problems.

I've told that to another parent, who is also a teacher, and she had been told the same.

Repealing truancy laws, and mandatory attendance would greatly improve public schools overnight.

My wife was a teacher for many years. I am teaching now. Smart kids or kids who at least try get far less attention than the the kids who are disruptive or don't care.

That has probably always been the case. Some people simply do not want to learn or take advantage of the "free" educational opportunity they are afforded.

At a certain point they need to become the parents problem and either be removed from schools or placed in vocational training if they want it. If they don't even want vocational training then show them the door.

Yeah, that will be great until you come home and find your home has been ransacked by teens who should have been in school.

If they don't want to go to school, lock their ass up!

My wife was a teacher for many years. I am teaching now. Smart kids or kids who at least try get far less attention than the the kids who are disruptive or don't care.

That has probably always been the case. Some people simply do not want to learn or take advantage of the "free" educational opportunity they are afforded.

At a certain point they need to become the parents problem and either be removed from schools or placed in vocational training if they want it. If they don't even want vocational training then show them the door.

That door should be to a jail cell until they are 18 years old.

You are directly quoting my responses. Address your comments to those who made them. It is not that hard.

Anecdotal exaggeration

We don't know that

1. Is there an epidemic of uneducated home schooled kids? I say no, because I have been involved with home schooling organizations and have seen good results. I see the detractors as sitting on the outside taking potshots for no good reason other than vague partisan ideas that conservative parents are getting away with something. If the concern is really for kids getting a good education, then we should be championing whatever works, and home schooling is a valid option for frustrated parents
Why try to deny them that opportunity?
2. Why is it a problem if they return to government schools? Parents home school for a variety of reasons and can decide they no longer need or want to.

No, there is not an epidemic.

No one should deny parents the right to homeschool.

When they return to school they are usually a minimum of one to two years behind. Ever try to teach Algebra to student who cannot multiply?

You are directly quoting my responses. Address your comments to those who made them. It is not that hard.

If you will recall, you said I didn't know what a blanket statement was. I asked you if the statement to which I was responding was not a blanket statement, and we went from there. No, you didn't make the original statement, I was asking what you thought about it. Does that clear things up?

that is absurd

truancy laws serve multiple purposes. one, it makes sure that kids aren't being used for child labor; two, schools receive funds based upon attendance; and three, it makes certain that kids are being educated.

this aversion you have to rules is childish and silly

If you will recall, you said I didn't know what a blanket statement was. I asked you if the statement to which I was responding was not a blanket statement, and we went from there. No, you didn't make the original statement, I was asking what you thought about it. Does that clear things up?

No. You are still confused.

Forum List

Back