Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Then why is everyone in America screaming for schools to re-open? Every parent I talk to can't wait until their kids are back in school full time. NOBODY is enjoying home schooling, and the kids are falling further and further behind.

You post belies the urgency that most parents are feeling about getting schools re-opened.

This is what happens when you use right wings blogs as your sources.

Laughter isn't a response Marvin. You use a "questionable source" for your link, and you have no answer to my questions. If everyone is moving to home schooling, then why is everyone demanding schools be re-opened?

• Overall, we rate Just the News Borderline Questionable and Right Biased based on story selection that mostly favors a conservative perspective. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks over a short period of time.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

Nah, you need help wiping your own ass. However, when a student passes in the middle of their class with a .13 GPA, then guess what, the "teachers" can't teach.
I bet you are that special kind of "person" that blamed the dentist for all your cavities tho you never brushed your teeth. Ugh.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

Nah, you need help wiping your own ass. However, when a student passes in the middle of their class with a .13 GPA, then guess what, the "teachers" can't teach.
I bet you are that special kind of "person" that blamed the dentist for all your cavities tho you never brushed your teeth. Ugh.
well then, I guess you blame your Cleansers for your clothes that seem to get tight on you every week.

And your shampoo for your hair getting thin.

See?

I can do that too. Wow. I am special! Just like you!

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Then why is everyone in America screaming for schools to re-open? Every parent I talk to can't wait until their kids are back in school full time. NOBODY is enjoying home schooling, and the kids are falling further and further behind.

You post belies the urgency that most parents are feeling about getting schools re-opened.

It appears you're too stupid to participate in this discussion. Let me guess, public school, right?

What are you so angry about?

That's why my Grand Daughters attend private school - paid for by the Wife and Me. We (Wife and I attended Public School when it was the envy of the civilized world). Those days are long gone. Today? Our school structure is the laughing stock of the civilized world. Damned shame.

Homeschooling has always been an option. If more are using it, so be it. Why are you whining?

I'm not whining at all, I think it's great that more people are understanding just how worthless our public schools have become since they were taken over by folks like you.
And when was that?

It started in the 1970s, but got much worse in the 90s. Look at public school ratings and test scores. The truly shitty school districts are INVARIABLY run by leftist Democrats, usually for decades.

A degree from Trump U. does not qualify you to attempt to educate kids. You would have to assume, giving their stupidity in supporting Scumpty, that over 95% of the Trump Cult parents are far, far from qualified to try and educate anybody, must less their children! Bigly!!!

A degree from Trump U. does not qualify you to attempt to educate kids. You would have to assume, giving their stupidity in supporting Scumpty, that over 95% of the Trump Cult parents are far, far from qualified to try and educate anybody, must less their children! Bigly!!!

Your TDS is at critical stage

If you ever got out of your trailer park, you'd know lots of left-leaning parents homeschool their children.

There are an estimated 4.0 to 5.0 million homeschool students in grades K-12 in the United States (or 7% to 9% of school-age children).

Yes, and they're a large part of the reason why educational rankings in the USA continue to decline every year. People homeschooling their kids is leading the decline in education standards in the USA. Americans are so concerned that their children might turn out to be liberals, they are afraid to expose them to anything other than "conservative" thinking.

No wonder companies can't find workers to fill their jobs. Too many people denying science and facts.

There are an estimated 4.0 to 5.0 million homeschool students in grades K-12 in the United States (or 7% to 9% of school-age children).

Yes, and they're a large part of the reason why educational rankings in the USA continue to decline every year. People homeschooling their kids is leading the decline in education standards in the USA. Americans are so concerned that their children might turn out to be liberals, they are afraid to expose them to anything other than "conservative" thinking.

No wonder companies can't find workers to fill their jobs. Too many people denying science and facts.

Complete unadulterated BS

Do you live in the same inbred trailer park as Astrostar and rightwinger? If you ever got out of your trailer park, you'd know lots of left-leaning parents homeschool their children.

Like it takes a fucking genius to teach a kid how to read write and do basic math
Parents are now starting to answer that type of stupid statement w/a "yes."

When aging elementary HomeSchoolers reach middle school age those parents send them to public middle school to do their math.

Seen it for years.

Rankings in the US are declining because they are teaching the kids SJW horseshit rather than the essentials.
Also, they are letting people into University based on colour and gender etc rather than merit.

Forum List

Back