Hobby Lobby may close all of its stores

That's crazy. To give up a successful business over some religious nonsense.

They are just nonsense to you, they are not nonsense to the owners.. It is Obama fault this happening.. It is separation of CHURCh AND STATE not private business owners..

That's crazy. To give up a successful business over some religious nonsense.

so they should violate their principles or pay the fines which may bankrupt them?

Religious beliefs are not nonsense, murdering unborn children is wrong no matter when or how you do it.

aren't you glad that your mother was pro-life?

They're the epitome of nonsensical.

and you have the right to live by that belief. just as everyone else has the right to live by their beliefs.

thats the problem with liberals------they want to control how everyone THINKS.

you silly assholes have no idea what the word FREEDOM means.

So let me get this straight. Hobby Lobby will shutter the business rather than comply with the Affordable Healthcare Act. Because they say the Act violates Biblical teachings. Even though the Bible is SILENT on abortion, these Theology students at Hobby Lobby claim Biblical principles are at stake.

This warp zeal is on exhibition around the world. It's the same logic used by the Taliban.

So let me get this straight. Hobby Lobby will shutter the business rather than comply with the Affordable Healthcare Act. Because they say the Act violates Biblical teachings. Even though the Bible is SILENT on abortion, these Theology students at Hobby Lobby claim Biblical principles are at stake.

This warp zeal is on exhibition around the world. It's the same logic used by the Taliban.

Plan B doesn't cause abortion. At least according to the Christians it doesn't.
Plan B, the nation's most widely used emergency contraceptive, works only as a contraceptive and does not cause abortions, according to an article in the official journal of the Catholic Health Association.

Catholic journal says Plan B does not cause abortions | National Catholic Reporter

Did you read the article? Its about freedom from the govt telling us how to live and what to believe.

Its about a company standing behind its principles and beliefs--------something you libtards do not even comprehend. you have become mindless sheep to your messiah the great maobama. you are a pathetic bunch of losers. you make me sick.

There's nothing about a lot of things in the Bible.

Speed of Light Travel, for one.

Airplanes.

Guns.

Lasers.

Lots of stuff.

More american jobs, and an american company destroyed by Obama and his marxist policies.
>> By David Green, the founder and CEO of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.
>>
>> When my family and I started our company 40 years ago, we were working out of a garage on a $600 bank loan, assembling miniature picture frames.. Our first retail store wasn't much bigger than most people's living rooms, but we had faith that we would succeed if we lived and worked according to God's word.
>>
>> From there, Hobby Lobby has become one of the nation's largest arts and crafts retailers, with more than 500 locations in 41 states. Our children grew up into fine business leaders, and today we run Hobby Lobby together, as a family.
>>
>> We're Christians, and we run our business on Christian principles. I've always said that the first two goals of our business are (1) to run our business in harmony with God's laws, and (2) to focus on people more than money. And that's what we've tried to do. We close early so our employees can see their families at night. We keep our stores closed on Sundays, one of the week's biggest shopping days, so that our workers and their families can enjoy a day of rest.
>>
>> We believe that it is by God's grace that Hobby Lobby has endured, and he has blessed us and our employees. We've not only added jobs in a weak economy, we've raised wages for the past four years in a row. Our full-time employees start at 80% above minimum wage.
>>
>> But now, our government threatens to change all of that.
>>
>> A new government healthcare mandate says that our family business MUST provide what I believe are abortion-causing drugs as part of our health insurance. Being Christians, we don't pay for drugs that might cause abortions, which means that we don't cover emergency contraception, the morning-after pill or the week-after pill. We believe doing so might end a life after the moment of conception, something that is contrary to our most important beliefs.
>>
>> It goes against the Biblical principles on which we have run this company since day one.
>>
>> If we refuse to comply, we could face $1.3 million PER DAY in government fines.
>> Our government threatens to fine job creators in a bad economy.
>> Our government threatens to fine a company that's raised wages four years running.
>>
>> Our government threatens to fine a family for running its business according to its beliefs. It's not right. I know people will say we ought to follow the rules; that it's the same for everybody. But that's not true.
>>
>> The government has exempted thousands of companies from this mandate, for reasons of convenience or cost. But it won't exempt them for reasons of religious belief.
>>
>> So, Hobby Lobby and my family are forced to make a choice. With great reluctance, we filed a lawsuit today, represented by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, asking a federal court to stop this mandate before it hurts our business. We don't like to go running into court, but we no longer have a choice. We believe people are more important than the bottom line and that honoring God is more important than turning a profit.
>>
>> My family has lived the American dream. We want to continue growing our company and providing great jobs for thousands of employees, but the government is going to make that much more difficult.
>>
>> The government is forcing us to choose between following our faith and following the law. I say that's a choice no American and no American business should have to make.
>>
>> The government cannot force you to follow laws that go against your fundamental religious belief. They have exempted thousands of companies but will not except Christian organizations including the Catholic church.
>>
>> Since you will not see this in the liberal media, please pass this on to all your contacts.
>>
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> David Green
>> CEO and Founder of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

I almost felt bad for him until he said he had to pay for abortion causing pills or the week after pill.
He won't get much support if he keeps lying.

That was about the time he lost me as well. What is lost on Mr Green is that about 90% of the women who work there and shop there are on the very things he detests; about 2/3 of the women who work there and shop there have had actual abortions.

He doesn't mind selling them products or paying their wages.

But somehow he minds offering medication in an insurance package. Sounds like a cop-out.

Those who have shopped there (including me) and those who have worked there deserve better.

The titles are usually mis-leading when Conservatives post them (but assuming they are uncharacteristically telling the truth in this matter) so I have to wonder; why not just sell out to someone who doesn't harbor 19th century values if you're that put off instead of closing the doors?

But that was way before the Federal Judge granted the injunction ( check the link from Katzndogz)

Hobby Lobby Wins Injunction Stopping Enforcement of HHS Mandate

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/07/19/hobby-lobby-wins-injunction-stopping-enforcement-of-hhs-mandate/

Today, a federal court granted Hobby Lobby a preliminary injunction against the HHS abortion-drug mandate. The injunction prevents the Obama administration from enforcing the mandate against the Christian company, which does not want to be compelled to pay for birth control or drugs that may cause abortions.

This victory comes less than a month after a landmark decision by the full 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, which ruled 5-3 that Hobby Lobby can exercise religion under the First Amendment and is likely to win its case against the mandate. That decision helped the Christian craft store not be force to pay fines while its lawsuit continues.

“The tide has turned against the HHS mandate,” said Kyle Duncan, General Counsel with the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, and lead attorney for Hobby Lobby. “This is a major victory for not only Hobby Lobby, but the religious liberty of all for-profit businesses.”

U.S. District Judge Joe Heaton issued a preliminary injunction and stayed the case until Oct. 1 to give the Obama administration time to appeal the decision.

Last edited:
Hobby Lobby has to provide health insurance....period

It is up to their employees to decide the morality of the birth control services they access

Do you allow your employer to tell you what is moral?

I always allowed my employees to find another job if they disagreed with my principles. I bet Hobby Lobby has the same policy.

Has nothing to do with Abortion but birth control idiot

Did you read the article? Its about freedom from the govt telling us how to live and what to believe.

Its about a company standing behind its principles and beliefs--------something you libtards do not even comprehend. you have become mindless sheep to your messiah the great maobama. you are a pathetic bunch of losers. you make me sick.

No, it's about not being overtaken by the chaos of every individual demanding to be a government unto himself.

It is the rightful role of government in this country to regulate business. If one cannot accept the laws of the land that have been established to regulate business,

then one should consider not running a business, or moving to someplace where one can run one's business as one pleases.

Imposing your religious beliefs on others, while demanding special treatment under the law, is not religious freedom.

You'd have a point if, in fact, that's what they are doing.

Unfortunately, it is not.

If anything, government lackeys are imposing amoral, unconstitutional, secular restrictions an a private business.

No, it's about not being overtaken by the chaos of every individual demanding to be a government unto himself.

It is the rightful role of government in this country to regulate business. If one cannot accept the laws of the land that have been established to regulate business,

then one should consider not running a business, or moving to someplace where one can run one's business as one pleases.

I want the Jewish deli down the street to serve me a ham sandwich.

Make 'em do it, mommy.

The bible is not silent on the sanctity of life.

What a nitpicking little Pharisee you are.

Forum List

Back