HNN Poll: 61% of Historians Rate the Bush Presidency Worst

Yes, technically "concentration camp" isn't the same thing as "death camp".

FDR used the term "concentration camps" because it was and is an accurate description of the camps in question.

I was here in 42 and it was not a big deal at the time, at least for those not of Japanese heritage. After the war our graduate history class was assigned the task of investigation. The class to a man, agreed that it was the conservative groups the Daughters of the Golden West and the California fruit and vegetable growers and others that convinced DeWitt to put em away, for their safety and America's. FDR had given the military district commanders to the power to decide for their own area. FDR was in the end responsible, but at the time probably most Americans agreed to put em away, even the Supreme Court. Would we do the same thing again today, you bet.

. Would we do the same thing again today, you bet.

of course!. Let's not forget that Italians and Germans were picked up two. Was there divided loyalty? Of course. Many Italians were kept at Ft. Drum in upstate NY. Local residents would bring them huge spaghetti meals on Sunday. Is that how you treat the enemy?

. Would we do the same thing again today, you bet.

of course!. Let's not forget that Italians and Germans were picked up two. Was there divided loyalty? Of course. Many Italians were kept at Ft. Drum in upstate NY. Local residents would bring them huge spaghetti meals on Sunday. Is that how you treat the enemy?

Germans and Italians were selectively interred. Nobody was advocating locking up Joe DiMaggio

I was here in 42 and it was not a big deal at the time, at least for those not of Japanese heritage. After the war our graduate history class was assigned the task of investigation. The class to a man, agreed that it was the conservative groups the Daughters of the Golden West and the California fruit and vegetable growers and others that convinced DeWitt to put em away, for their safety and America's. FDR had given the military district commanders to the power to decide for their own area. FDR was in the end responsible, but at the time probably most Americans agreed to put em away, even the Supreme Court. Would we do the same thing again today, you bet.

Of course we would not.

Yes, technically "concentration camp" isn't the same thing as "death camp".

FDR used the term "concentration camps" because it was and is an accurate description of the camps in question.

As he used it, yes. As you use it in context with naziism, no.

I have been very clear in how I use the term (i.e. correctly). Anything beyond what I have specified several times now is nothing but another example of your craven dishonesty.

Pay attention one more time, moron: FDR threw over 100,000 innocent, brave, loyal AMERICAN CITIZENS into concentration camps. That's what they were, that's what FDR himself called them. You don't like the term? Too fucking bad. The scumbag shouldn't have committed such an outrage, then generations later idiots like you wouldn't have to be so shocked by the reality of it. The Nazis also utilized concentration camps, though certainly in a significantly different manner and to a different end. However, the FACT remains that a concentration camp is a concentration camp. I am not equating the two other than to the extent that they WERE both concentration camps, so don't bother lying or building straw men again.

You, Unkotare, are using terms in context with those used in terms of the Nazis. Your argument, thus, is out of context to reality.

You have no credit on this one, kiddo.

You, Unkotare, are using terms in context with those used in terms of the Nazis.

Your ignorance of both history and the English language are your problems, and your lies have nothing to do with me or reality. None of this is making you any less stupid, douchebag.

I have been very clear in how I use the term (i.e. correctly). Anything beyond what I have specified several times now is nothing but another example of your craven dishonesty.

Pay attention one more time, moron: FDR threw over 100,000 innocent, brave, loyal AMERICAN CITIZENS into concentration camps. That's what they were, that's what FDR himself called them. You don't like the term? Too fucking bad. The scumbag shouldn't have committed such an outrage, then generations later idiots like you wouldn't have to be so shocked by the reality of it. The Nazis also utilized concentration camps, though certainly in a significantly different manner and to a different end. However, the FACT remains that a concentration camp is a concentration camp. I am not equating the two other than to the extent that they WERE both concentration camps, so don't bother lying or building straw men again.

Last edited:
No, your terms are contradicted by the history that creates those terms in context.

Your arguments are shams.

No, your terms are contradicted by the history that creates those terms in context.

Wrong, idiot. The term is accurate in and of itself as well as in historical context. You are really limited by your glaring ignorance.

Wrong, idiot. The term is accurate in and of itself as well as in historical context. You are really limited by your glaring ignorance.

No term stands absolute in itself, but only in the historical and cultural context in which it is use.

The moment you used Nazi, dictator, concentration camp, and internment camp in relationship to WWII, you defeated your own argument.

FACT: FD-fucking-R threw over 100,000 loyal, brave, innocent Americans into concentration camps.

FACT: This happened in 1942

You can ignore, deny, or excuse these FACTS, but you cannot change them.

No term stands absolute in itself, but only in the historical and cultural context in which it is use.

The moment you used Nazi, dictator, concentration camp, and internment camp in relationship to WWII, you defeated your own argument.

All of those terms are factually and historically accurate, no matter how stupid you are.

I never said FDR was a Nazi. You may be trying to suggest that I did - because you are a dishonest low-life - but in FACT I never did.

I never said that FDR was a dictator, though I did point out the FACT that he was the closest we've ever come to having one.

I said that FDR threw Americans into concentration camps because that is an indisputable FACT.

You then tried to employ your inherent dishonesty to cover your humiliation at being ignorant as to the actual definition of "concentration camp." Your wounded little ego will never recover this way, douchebag.

You implicitly linked FDR and his policies with those of Nazi Germany. I never said FDR was a Nazi. You may be trying to suggest that I did - because you are a dishonest low-life - but in FACT I never did.

You used the word dictator as an implicit condemnation of FDR. I never said that FDR was a dictator, though I did point out the FACT that he was the closest we've ever come to having one.

An implicit connection to Germany when you used that term, in the context of what you were arguing. I said that FDR threw Americans into concentration camps because that is an indisputable FACT.

Here you engage in false analysis. Anybody can go back to the first two pages of the thread and see you are deliberately lying. You then tried to employ your inherent dishonesty to cover your humiliation at being ignorant as to the actual definition of "concentration camp." Your wounded little ego will never recover this way, douchebag.

Here you engage in false analysis. Anybody can go back to the first two pages of the thread and see you are deliberately lying. I have been very clear in how I use the term (i.e. correctly). Anything beyond what I have specified several times now is nothing but another example of your craven dishonesty.

You never, ever should have used the connections and terms to naziism, dictator, and concentration camp in the WWII connection because you completely invalidate your argument that follows. The Nazis also utilized concentration camps, though certainly in a significantly different manner and to a different end. However, the FACT remains that a concentration camp is a concentration camp. I am not equating the two other than to the extent that they WERE both concentration camps, so don't bother lying or building straw men again.

Yes, you linked them, you did it deliberately, and it is a fabrication of narrative accuracy.

You would flunk an assignment in college if you tried this, and then if you tried to defend it, you would be dropped from the class.

Forum List

Back