Hispanic immigrants - enrichment or burden?

Do Hispanic immigrants pose an enrichment or a burden for American society?

• enrichment

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • burden

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • you should distinguish

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was it American to wipe out the buffulo?

What the hell's a "buffulo," idiot? Our resources are more vast than you seem to know. They have never been allocated efficiently, but that's another story and in any case unrelated to the topic.

1. They are here for cheap labor, to distract the working class and dilute its solidarity. Our ideologies, including Leftist, are completely controlled by Right Wing economics.
2. Their culture is barbaric and, at least in the race that emigrates, consists of laziness, drunkenness, uncontrolled breeding, and mindless violence.
3. I'd only like it to continue if I were an enemy of the United States. Immigration is treason. The slogan "A Nation of Immigrants" only applied when there was a shortage of labor to develop a land that had lain idle when it was occupied by backward savages of the same race as the Mexicans.

You are an unamerican, stupid piece of shit. Get the fuck out of my country, you worthless fuck.
You can't handle the truth.

You wouldn't know the truth if Jack Nicholson bit you on the ass, you stupid piece of shit.

Native Americans are the only people who could possibly be considered as not being "immigrants".

Native Americans are the only people who could possibly be considered as not being "immigrants".

You fucking liberals need to stop repeating that nonsense. It makes no sense at all.

My great grandparents legally immigrated here from Europe. It was that simple. What has changed between that time and now? Are we better as a Nation for allowing undocumented migrants in now? How?

Our family friends who fled Hungary when the communicst took over were not allowed to move to this country. Why should any one else's friends be allowed in? My father was career Air Force, my mother an American citizen. After more than 20 years of trying to get his mother in law over here from Thailand, my brother failed and she died never being able to visit her children in their own home. Why should anyone else be able to come here when my friends and family can't? My brother BTW, served in the Vietnam war and it took him more than a year and $thousands to get his wife here from Thailand. Why should anyone be able to just walk across the border and be accepted and given a job?

My boss is Magyar immigrant fleeing the communists, I found out my entire family might even have immigrated to the US illegally in 1890's. That sucks. Or, that is what makes this land great. Be careful of those you condemn, immigration is a minefield.

Hey! I`m a German student and supposed to write a term paper about the topic above. I`d like to make a survey:

1. Are there more advantages or disadvantages of them being here?
2. Are they culturally enriching or do they rather contribute to the loss of American culture/ identity?
3. Would you like immigration of Latinos to this extent to continue?

It would be really nice if you helped me!

They are both. I like legal immigration of Hispanics because they have a positive impact culturally imo. They are (as a general rule) very family-oriented, hard-working, and congenial. The ones that are a net drain are the ones who come here illegally, make low cash wages, send money back to Mexico, come to drop anchor babies, and use medical resources that they cannot pay for, nor have insurance coverage for. I could go on and on, because there are many more factors, but for a short explanation, that should be adequate.

My great grandparents legally immigrated here from Europe. It was that simple. What has changed between that time and now? Are we better as a Nation for allowing undocumented migrants in now? How?

Our family friends who fled Hungary when the communicst took over were not allowed to move to this country. Why should any one else's friends be allowed in? My father was career Air Force, my mother an American citizen. After more than 20 years of trying to get his mother in law over here from Thailand, my brother failed and she died never being able to visit her children in their own home. Why should anyone else be able to come here when my friends and family can't? My brother BTW, served in the Vietnam war and it took him more than a year and $thousands to get his wife here from Thailand. Why should anyone be able to just walk across the border and be accepted and given a job?

Good fuckin point.

So what do you think should be done with regard to the huge amount of illegal aliens?
Should there perhaps exist stricter border controls? And should most of them be deported or rather receive citizenship? Obviously, illegal Hispanics pose a big problem for America`s economy, etc...

If we made it clear that we were going to enforce existing law, I think that a lot of illegal aliens would leave voluntarily.

Then after a year or two of serious enforcement we could reassess how much of a problem we had and go forward from there.

1. They are here for cheap labor, to distract the working class and dilute its solidarity. Our ideologies, including Leftist, are completely controlled by Right Wing economics.
2. Their culture is barbaric and, at least in the race that emigrates, consists of laziness, drunkenness, uncontrolled breeding, and mindless violence.
3. I'd only like it to continue if I were an enemy of the United States. Immigration is treason. The slogan "A Nation of Immigrants" only applied when there was a shortage of labor to develop a land that had lain idle when it was occupied by backward savages of the same race as the Mexicans.

Please disregard PrometheusBound. He really enjoys his schnapps.

20-Alfredo.jpg

—penniless Mexican teenager jumps the border, learns English, and goes to Harvard Medical School to become a brain surgeon—

Hopkins Medicine Magazine - The Alfredo Story

23-q1a-72.jpg

So what do you think should be done with regard to the huge amount of illegal aliens?
Should there perhaps exist stricter border controls? And should most of them be deported or rather receive citizenship? Obviously, illegal Hispanics pose a big problem for America`s economy, etc...

Send them back, fix the porous border.

Hey! I`m a German student and supposed to write a term paper about the topic above. I`d like to make a survey:

1. Are there more advantages or disadvantages of them being here?
2. Are they culturally enriching or do they rather contribute to the loss of American culture/ identity?
3. Would you like immigration of Latinos to this extent to continue?

It would be really nice if you helped me!

I will try to help

1) America is strong because we have let the best and brightest from all over the world immmigrate here in the past. Those hispanics who came here legally to become citizens, contribute to their communities, and contribute to the country are advantageous to have.

However, those hispanics (and many other ethnicities who do it too) that came here illegally, are breaking our laws working illegally here, and are drawing govt benefits from the system are disadvantageous to America

2) Again this is a 2 sided issue. Some are assimilating into the culture and adding a little of thier hispanic flavor in the process, enriching the overall culture of America.

However, some people immigrate here and seperate themselves out of the culture by living in either "all hispanic" neihborhoods, not learning to speak the english language, or both. These people aren't hurting the culture but aren't adding to it. In fact they are really hurting themselves in the process by limiting their opportunities in this country.

3) I would like all ILLEGAL immigration of ALL ETHNICITIES to stop. I would love to continue to see hispanic immigrate here legally though, many of the south american values and its culture fall in line with my own values.

Forum List

Back