Hiroshima....

Admirals and generals usually get one war during their times and they have to make the most of that war. But the generals and admirals would not be the ones landing in Olympia and Coronet it would be marines and soldiers. When all was safe, MacArthur would insist on wading ashore from a landing craft although a dock was available. The brass would all be writing books on their roles in the landing while the telegrams were still going out. As it was, there was no landing on Olympia and Coronet and those soldiers and marines would come home to have a life, and write on the message boards.

Terrorism can work. It sure did there.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

Ridiculous.
It's history.

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.
I've always wondered why an invasion of the mainland would have been necessary.
They had no functioning navy or air force and they're a country almost totally dependent on imports for natural resources.
Surely a blockade would have been easy and low risk.

Not really....they didn't quit until we nuked Nagasaki and probably still wouldn't have quit if they'd known we only had two A-bombs.
They were going to surrender even before we dropped the bombs, we were just showing off for the Russians. But these two acts of terrorism sealed the deal.

Ridiculous.
It's history.

It's America-hating fantasy. They were ready to inflict tens of thousands of GI deaths on us to defend mainland Japan...they told their people to attack us with knives and forks if necessary.
I've always wondered why an invasion of the mainland would have been necessary.
They had no functioning navy or air force and they're a country almost totally dependent on imports for natural resources.
Surely a blockade would have been easy and low risk.
They had over a million troops in China. Where all their resources were coming from.

NONE of them were involved in the talks. I provided a link to SOURCE documents that PROVE the Army running Japan never offered to surrender, ......

No, you did not.

The fact is that "In official internal military interviews, diaries and other private as well as public materials, literally every top U.S. military leader involved subsequently stated that the use of the bomb was not dictated by military necessity."

- ibid

NONE of them were involved in the talks. I provided a link to SOURCE documents that PROVE the Army running Japan never offered to surrender, ......

No, you did not.

The fact is that "In official internal military interviews, diaries and other private as well as public materials, literally every top U.S. military leader involved subsequently stated that the use of the bomb was not dictated by military necessity."

- ibid
Yes I did want me to do it again? The Atomic Bomb and the End of World War II: A Collection of Primary Sources

The Army running the Japanese Government NEVER offered to surrender. They offered a ceasefire a return to 41 Start lines and NO troops in japan by foreign Armies as well as keep the Emperor.

No they did not. The Army offered a ceasefire, return to 41 start lines EXCEPT in China no troops In Japan and that was all after the 2nd Bomb they demanded the Emperor remain in power and no troops in japan.

They had over a million troops in China. Where all their resources were coming from.

Not by '45 they weren't.
There were 700,000 Japanese troops facing the Soviets in Manchuria.

Resources were not getting to Japan from China by then. Land, sea, and air transportation was disrupted to the point that the holdings in China were NOT supporting the military (or domestic) infrastructure.

I don't care what the Chicago tribune claims I have resource to ACTUAL Government documents related to the event. Both from the US and from Japan.

Forum List

Back