Yet Another Archeological Find Confirming the Bible

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Israeli archaeologists have unearthed a 2,900-year-old gate-shrine they say confirms the biblical story of King Hezekiah, who mandated the worship of God and the rejection of all other deities.

Archaeologists Unearth Ancient Gate-Shrine In Israel

A YouTube video link from IAA's Channel about the Tel Lachish excavation.

Findings at the site validate “And they demolished the pillar of Baal, and demolished the house of Baal, and made it a latrine to this day” (II Kings 10:27). You can read the full IAA report here as well: Israel Antiquities Authority

Archaeologists have also uncovered evidence of 5 major mass extinctions in earths 4.3 billion year history. Does the Bible explain why God wiped out so many of his early creations?

Well that's certainly a thorn in the naysayers sides
Over and over it gets validated the more we learn.

I believe it was in 2015 they discovered what remains of the city of Sodom. I saw a documentary on it and they said life came to an abrupt end there
They couldn't pay the mortgage?

I believe it was something to do with homos trying to get at God's angels. Nothing good was going to come of that but you can't tell a homo a damn thing

Well that's certainly a thorn in the naysayers sides
Over and over it gets validated the more we learn.

I believe it was in 2015 they discovered what remains of the city of Sodom. I saw a documentary on it and they said life came to an abrupt end there
Speaking of which, best salt and pepper shakers ever.
image.jpeg

Israeli archaeologists have unearthed a 2,900-year-old gate-shrine they say confirms the biblical story of King Hezekiah, who mandated the worship of God and the rejection of all other deities.

Findings at the site validate “And they demolished the pillar of Baal, and demolished the house of Baal, and made it a latrine to this day” (II Kings 10:27). You can read the full IAA report here as well: Israel Antiquities Authority

Yippy!!! Another rabbit hole to go down. And to think NOT believing only takes a few seconds of common sense. No holes to dig or date. It certainly is a lot easier to just say "bullshit" and go about living one's life without the ball and chain of willful ignorance sucking the lives out of so many people.

Yippy!!! Another rabbit hole to go down. And to think NOT believing only takes a few seconds of common sense. No holes to dig or date. It certainly is a lot easier to just say "bullshit" and go about living one's life without the ball and chain of willful ignorance sucking the lives out of so many people.

You do validate deniers have a lot of hate.
So tell me, what's the downside of my belief?

The bible is, afterall----a HISTORY. It is silly to be surprised when sites mentioned in the bible SHOW UP. 'Sites mentioned in the Odyssey also SHOW UP as do sites mentioned in Hindu scriptural writings and------in the CANTEBURY TALES

The bible is, afterall----a HISTORY. It is silly to be surprised when sites mentioned in the bible SHOW UP. 'Sites mentioned in the Odyssey also SHOW UP as do sites mentioned in Hindu scriptural writings and------in the CANTEBURY TALES
I would HATE for a site to suddenly SHOW UP at my door.

Archaeologists have also uncovered evidence of 5 major mass extinctions in earths 4.3 billion year history. Does the Bible explain why God wiped out so many of his early creations?

No, that would be paleontologists, geologists, and geophysicists.. Learn the difference between the sciences.

any reason why anyone would be interested in DIGGING up your backyard? Would such a program WORRY you?

any reason why anyone would be interested in DIGGING up your backyard? Would such a program WORRY you?

Do I HAVE to explain a site suddenly SHOWING UP at my door?

they do not SUDDENLY show up-----people dig------they are suspicious that the site might produece INTERESTING results---so they dig

Do I HAVE to explain a site suddenly SHOWING UP at my door?

No, that would be paleontologists, geologists, and geophysicists.. Learn the difference between the sciences.

I accept your correction That I used the wrong discipline doesn't discount the question of why the mass extinctions on the planet are ignored by the Bible? Could it be that men wrote the books that comprise the Bible at a time when the simply had no idea about geological time?

the book was written----LIKE most ancient scriptural writings
about MAN's relationship to the Universe-----not the relationship of Lizards to the Universe. For a better understanding of the themes of scriptural writings----try
reading them. The Bible (aka OT) the Bible (aka NT)
the Bhagavad Gita, Mahabhrata (not sure---but I think that is part of the gita) Ramayana, Odyssey, Iliad and the ancient
Babylonian and Egyptian stuff-----ALL MAN VS THE COSMOS. Interestingly, you will find commonalities in the
themes. Ask Freud.

I accept your correction That I used the wrong discipline doesn't discount the question of why the mass extinctions on the planet are ignored by the Bible? Could it be that men wrote the books that comprise the Bible at a time when the simply had no idea about geological time?

Forum List

Back