HILLARY!: "What difference does it make?"...

There was Marine FAST detachment less than an hour away. They were primed and ready to go, and they would have quite handily done the job. Your attempt at confusing the issue fails.

Yes, there are a lot of missions in the area, buty fortunately we no longer live in the age of sail, so MOST of those missions you listed are reachable within two hours from the quick reaction forces that are based in the Med and Diego Garcia etc.

She doesn't want to hear that my friend. All she wants to do is defend that fuck and his State Department and tell us that they were dead no matter what.

Apparantly she has very little faith in our armed services. Armed services that have been fighting these dirtbags since 9-11.

And the next time there are demonstrations outside of one of our embassies....

When do you call the Marines in? What do you tell them to do?

If a demonstration is just a demonstration and our embassy isn't coming under attack then you watch whats going on. You certainly don't call in the marines. But you knew that.

If our embassy is attacked and the hosting country who's obligated to defend our embassy stands around with fingers up ass then we have every right to defend our embassy or consulate.

What would you tell the marines to do? Stand around and look smart in their uniforms??

She doesn't want to hear that my friend. All she wants to do is defend that fuck and his State Department and tell us that they were dead no matter what.

Apparantly she has very little faith in our armed services. Armed services that have been fighting these dirtbags since 9-11.

If a demonstration is just a demonstration and our embassy isn't coming under attack then you watch whats going on. You certainly don't call in the marines. But you knew that.

If our embassy is attacked and the hosting country who's obligated to defend our embassy stands around with fingers up ass then we have every right to defend our embassy or consulate.

What would you tell the marines to do? Stand around and look smart in their uniforms??

Benghazi

Conservatives = WTF????

Liberals = WGAF?????

I'll agree with that to an extent. Also, Benghazi was not the embassy site, it was a consulate.

Bullshit.

They're dead because they were attacked. Had a Beirut style truck bomb been used, we'd just have mroe dead people.

This is where the right wing hate machine goes off the rails every fucking time....If A then B. Equating the dead State department officials to actions taken weeks and months earlier is like saying the cheeseburger you ate in May is the reason you had the stroke in January.

No, that is the bloodlust of the right wing.

I agree with that...your seething hatred prevents you from thinking clearly as this post indicates.

Yup. They are dead because they were attacked. If they had had that extra security they might still be alive. They would probably been able to defend themselves

Oh so your saying if that extra security were given that they would still be dead?? Nice to know what a fortune teller you are. Along with that extra security was the heads up that something was up. Something they could have defended against.
As much as a fortune teller that you are by claiming they'd still be alive.

Lets say we double the height of the fence, triple the guard. If the terrorist still wanted to wax some Americans...you wait until they leave the compound.

Are you saying that the State Department didn't drop the ball? That they didn't ignore those requests for extra security? That the Ambassador didn't send e-mails for extra security because he had thoughts about an impending attack??
No. I'm saying that hindsight is 2020. In one of our clinics in the bad part of town, my boss installed a security fence that will drop down from the ceiling and seal off the front doors. It's a fence that rolls up into the ceiling and when you press a button saying "down" on a control switch that is located in plain view of those passing through the doors, the thing deploys downward. There are other exits but they are several dozen feet or yards away. I don't like having it there, totally free to be pressed by anyone. If someone were to come into the clinic and want to kill people they could press this button and seal off the main exit (and seal off the main conduit for police support). I've made my case to my boss. Supposedly we're getting a lock-out box to put over it. We've been getting one for about 8 months now.

Here is my point. If the shooting happens tomorrow, you're saying that he is responsible for the deaths that result...right? He's ignored my expert reqeusts for this box. The reason is that there are other priorities. We got pay raises last year. Maybe that was a priority to the lock out box. I now have a laptop to go along with my desktop computer. Maybe that was a priority. My assistant got a new desk chair to support her ailing back. Priority?

I guarantee you that after the shooting, there won't be an easily accessible "down button" anywhere in the nation if the story is told of what happened.

I tend to blame the guy pulling the trigger other than the administrators who have to juggle priorities and competing needs across a broad horizon.

Thats not blood lust from the right. Thats me uttering my absolute disgust for this State Department and the absolute uncaring idiots that are running it.

Seething hatred?? Bullshit. Absolute disgust that those four men depended on Barry, Hillary and their State Department to have the're backs. Something that didnt' happen. Four good men are dead and those idiots are trying to sweep it all under the rug.

Oh and BTW I think pretty darned clearly. I know incompetantance when I see it.

Barry's State Department is apparantly one incompetant outfit.

Ahh, the angry little man syndrome. Have a cookie. Sit down with whats-his-face from South Carolina and cry in your beer.

The FAST detachment would have made extremely short work of the terrorists doing the assault. It took the terrorists 7 HOURS to deal with two ex SEALs. FAST members are even better shooters than SEALS. They would have cleaned their clocks in minutes once they got there....why were they prevented from going?

Your argument is ridiculous on its face.

A demonstration is "just" a demonstration until someone begins shooting. Love the "logic" there.

Yeah...but you haven't called the Marines yet...it's just a demonstration until the shooting starts.

Yup. They are dead because they were attacked. If they had had that extra security they might still be alive. They would probably been able to defend themselves

Oh so your saying if that extra security were given that they would still be dead?? Nice to know what a fortune teller you are. Along with that extra security was the heads up that something was up. Something they could have defended against.

Lets say we double the height of the fence, triple the guard. If the terrorist still wanted to wax some Americans...you wait until they leave the compound.

No. I'm saying that hindsight is 2020. In one of our clinics in the bad part of town, my boss installed a security fence that will drop down from the ceiling and seal off the front doors. It's a fence that rolls up into the ceiling and when you press a button saying "down" on a control switch that is located in plain view of those passing through the doors, the thing deploys downward. There are other exits but they are several dozen feet or yards away. I don't like having it there, totally free to be pressed by anyone. If someone were to come into the clinic and want to kill people they could press this button and seal off the main exit (and seal off the main conduit for police support). I've made my case to my boss. Supposedly we're getting a lock-out box to put over it. We've been getting one for about 8 months now.

Here is my point. If the shooting happens tomorrow, you're saying that he is responsible for the deaths that result...right? He's ignored my expert reqeusts for this box. The reason is that there are other priorities. We got pay raises last year. Maybe that was a priority to the lock out box. I now have a laptop to go along with my desktop computer. Maybe that was a priority. My assistant got a new desk chair to support her ailing back. Priority?

I guarantee you that after the shooting, there won't be an easily accessible "down button" anywhere in the nation if the story is told of what happened.

I tend to blame the guy pulling the trigger other than the administrators who have to juggle priorities and competing needs across a broad horizon.

Thats not blood lust from the right. Thats me uttering my absolute disgust for this State Department and the absolute uncaring idiots that are running it.

Seething hatred?? Bullshit. Absolute disgust that those four men depended on Barry, Hillary and their State Department to have the're backs. Something that didnt' happen. Four good men are dead and those idiots are trying to sweep it all under the rug.

Oh and BTW I think pretty darned clearly. I know incompetantance when I see it.

Barry's State Department is apparantly one incompetant outfit.

Ahh, the angry little man syndrome. Have a cookie. Sit down with whats-his-face from South Carolina and cry in your beer.

Its easy to see those four dead men mean absolutely nothing to you.
No. But the fact is that the nature of terrorism is that it happens, it's violent, it is often deadly and as we found out time and again, it's going to happen.

It was you who said No one cares I do believe. Yep. Your a winner there chicky. Of course if one of your relatives had been killed in that consulate I think you might have a whole different take on things.
Yes, you're right. I would like to think that I would have the perspective to know that Americans, by and large, don't care. It's come from decades and decades of being involved in a bunch of countries that are not happy with our being there. Violence has become sterilized both internally and externally.

Face it, nobody cares outside of hacks like yourself who are looking to take swipes constantly.

Or if Bush were POTUS you'd be looking at it a little differently. I think you'd be calling him every name in the book and be looking for answers.
No, I wouldn't have cared then either. Several Americans were killed by terrorists around the world during Bush's administration.

Those request for added security were made and ignored even though other embassies and the red cross pulled out because of the threat of violence.

Those were our citizens in that consulate. Our ambassador and our security folks. They are dead because the State Department didn't send added security and certainly didn't take the threats of violence seriously as other countries and the Red Cross did.

Libya consulate: Was security added or taken away? - CBS News

Ahh the I don't give a shit syndrome. You wear it well.

Me and about 300 million other Americans. We see it for what this is; you hate the President and you're out for blood.

rummy-attacks_n.jpg

just the facts ma'am

Put it all together

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"
What was Secretary Clinton referring to?

“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. If it was because of a protest or if it was because guys out for a walk decided to go kill some Americans. What difference at this point does it make?

“It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer my questions about this but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get the best information … but you know, to be clear, it is from my perspective, less important today looking backward as to why these militants decided to do it, as to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.”

We all know the Secretary is well respected and that no one with any credibility has accused her of lying because there is no credible reason for her to lie...

But we in America have a conspiracy fringe that is alive and well..

:rofl: :rofl: :laugh2: :rofl: :rofl:

---

The ARB

FINDINGS
In examining the circumstances of these attacks, the Accountability Review Board for Benghazi determined that:

1. The attacks were security related, involving arson, small arms and machine gun fire, and the use of RPGs, grenades, and mortars against U.S. personnel at two separate facilities – the SMC and the Annex – and en route between them. Responsibility for the tragic loss of life, injuries, and damage to U.S. facilities and property rests solely and completely with the terrorists who perpetrated the attacks. The Board concluded that there was no protest prior to the attacks, which were unanticipated in their scale and intensity.

2. Systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels within two bureaus of the State Department (the “Department”) resulted in a Special Mission security posture that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place.

Security in Benghazi was not recognized and implemented as a “shared responsibility” by the bureaus in Washington charged with supporting the post, resulting in stove-piped discussions and decisions on policy and security. That said, Embassy Tripoli did not demonstrate strong and sustained advocacy with Washington for increased security for Special Mission Benghazi.

The short-term, transitory nature of Special Mission Benghazi’s staffing, with talented and committed, but relatively inexperienced, American personnel often on temporary assignments of 40 days or less, resulted in diminished institutional knowledge, continuity, and mission capacity.

Overall, the number of Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) security staff in Benghazi on the day of the attack and in the months and weeks leading up to it was inadequate, despite repeated requests from Special Mission Benghazi and Embassy Tripoli for additional staffing. Board members found a pervasive realization among personnel who served in Benghazi that the Special Mission was not a high priority for Washington when it came to security-related requests, especially those relating to staffing.

The insufficient Special Mission security platform was at variance with the appropriate Overseas Security Policy Board (OSPB) standards with respect to perimeter and interior security. Benghazi was also severely under-resourced with regard to certain needed security equipment, although DS funded and installed in 2012 a number of physical security upgrades.

These included heightening the outer perimeter wall, safety grills on safe area egress windows, concrete jersey barriers, manual drop-arm vehicle barriers, a steel gate for the Villa C safe area, some locally manufactured steel doors, sandbag fortifications, security cameras, some additional security lighting, guard booths, and an Internal Defense Notification System.

Special Mission Benghazi’s uncertain future after 2012 and its “non-status” as a temporary, residential facility made allocation of resources for security and personnel more difficult, and left responsibility to meet security standards to the working-level in the field, with very limited resources.

In the weeks and months leading up to the attacks, the response from post, Embassy Tripoli, and Washington to a deteriorating security situation was inadequate. At the same time, the SMC’s dependence on the armed but poorly skilled Libyan February 17 Martyrs’ Brigade (February 17) militia members and unarmed, locally contracted Blue Mountain Libya (BML) guards for security support was misplaced.

Although the February 17 militia had proven effective in responding to improvised explosive device (IED) attacks on the Special Mission in April and June 2012, there were some troubling indicators of its reliability in the months and weeks preceding the September attacks. At the time of Ambassador Stevens’ visit, February 17 militia members had stopped accompanying Special Mission vehicle movements in protest over salary and working hours.

Post and the Department were well aware of the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks but at no time were there ever any specific, credible threats against the mission in Benghazi related to the September 11 anniversary. Ambassador Stevens and Benghazi-based DS agents had taken the anniversary into account and decided to hold all meetings on-compound on September 11.

The Board found that Ambassador Stevens made the decision to travel to Benghazi independently of Washington, per standard practice. Timing for his trip was driven in part by commitments in Tripoli, as well as a staffing gap between principal officers in Benghazi. Plans for the Ambassador’s trip provided for minimal close protection security support and were not shared thoroughly with the Embassy’s country team, who were not fully aware of planned movements off compound.

The Ambassador did not see a direct threat of an attack of this nature and scale on the U.S. Mission in the overall negative trendline of security incidents from spring to summer 2012. His status as the leading U.S. government advocate on Libya policy, and his expertise on Benghazi in particular, caused Washington to give unusual deference to his judgments.

Communication, cooperation, and coordination among Washington, Tripoli, and Benghazi functioned collegially at the working-level but were constrained by a lack of transparency, responsiveness, and leadership at the senior levels. Among various Department bureaus and personnel in the field, there appeared to be very real confusion over who, ultimately, was responsible and empowered to make decisions based on both policy and security considerations.

3. Notwithstanding the proper implementation of security systems and procedures and remarkable heroism shown by American personnel, those systems and the Libyan response fell short in the face of a series of attacks that began with the sudden penetration of the Special Mission compound by dozens of armed attackers.

The Board found the responses by both the BML guards and February 17 to be inadequate. The Board’s inquiry found little evidence that the armed February 17 guards offered any meaningful defense of the SMC, or succeeded in summoning a February 17 militia presence to assist expeditiously.

The Board found the Libyan government’s response to be profoundly lacking on the night of the attacks, reflecting both weak capacity and near absence of central government influence and control in Benghazi. The Libyan government did facilitate assistance from a quasi-governmental militia that supported the evacuation of U.S. government personnel to Benghazi airport. The Libyan government also provided a military C-130 aircraft which was used to evacuate remaining U.S. personnel and the bodies of the deceased from Benghazi to Tripoli on September 12.

The Board determined that U.S. personnel on the ground in Benghazi performed with courage and readiness to risk their lives to protect their colleagues, in a near impossible situation. The Board members believe every possible effort was made to rescue and recover Ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith.

The interagency response was timely and appropriate, but there simply was not enough time for armed U.S. military assets to have made a difference.

4. The Board found that intelligence provided no immediate, specific tactical warning of the September 11 attacks. Known gaps existed in the intelligence community’s understanding of extremist militias in Libya and the potential threat they posed to U.S. interests, although some threats were known to exist.

5. The Board found that certain senior State Department officials within two bureaus demonstrated a lack of proactive leadership and management ability in their responses to security concerns posed by Special Mission Benghazi, given the deteriorating threat environment and the lack of reliable host government protection. However, the Board did not find reasonable cause to determine that any individual U.S. government employee breached his or her duty.

Last edited:

Its easy to see those four dead men mean absolutely nothing to you.
No. But the fact is that the nature of terrorism is that it happens, it's violent, it is often deadly and as we found out time and again, it's going to happen.

Yes, you're right. I would like to think that I would have the perspective to know that Americans, by and large, don't care. It's come from decades and decades of being involved in a bunch of countries that are not happy with our being there. Violence has become sterilized both internally and externally.

Face it, nobody cares outside of hacks like yourself who are looking to take swipes constantly.

Or if Bush were POTUS you'd be looking at it a little differently. I think you'd be calling him every name in the book and be looking for answers.
No, I wouldn't have cared then either. Several Americans were killed by terrorists around the world during Bush's administration.

Those request for added security were made and ignored even though other embassies and the red cross pulled out because of the threat of violence.

Those were our citizens in that consulate. Our ambassador and our security folks. They are dead because the State Department didn't send added security and certainly didn't take the threats of violence seriously as other countries and the Red Cross did.

Libya consulate: Was security added or taken away? - CBS News

Ahh the I don't give a shit syndrome. You wear it well.

Me and about 300 million other Americans. We see it for what this is; you hate the President and you're out for blood.

Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO. Hate?? Not hardly. Hate is a strong emotion and quite frankly he isn't worth the kind of emotion Hate takes.

Disgust and disappointment?? You bet. I'm disgusted that his administration didn't take those threats and requests for extra security to heart. I'm also disappointed at the cover your ass attitute of his administration. He was supposed to have the most tranparant administration to date. That sure as shit is a lie. He's like all the rest of them.

Hell. Other embassies and the Red Cross pulled out because of those threats. They took them for what they were. His State Department and he obviously didn't.

Because they didn't four very good brave men are dead. They didn't need to die and thats the heartbreaker in the whole deal.

I'm not out for anyones blood. I'm out for is the truth. The administration lied its ass off and the fuck in the WH had no problem jetting off to his fundraiser despite the attack on his embassy in Libya. That tells me all I need to know. He has no honor and could give fuck one about those dead men. Priorities after all.

As for those 300 million American, like you, who don't give a fuck. Do you not think if they had the truth about Benghazi they still wouldn't give a fuck??

I think they would and apparantly so did that fuck and his administration. Hence all the lies.

Operative word: Terrorist. Not: Movie.

Which ones were denied military aid and rescue ?

Answer: Zip, Nada, Zero.

Of course there were terrorist attacks.

All of them including Diplomat David Foy.

And several thousand Americans in the Twin Towers and Pentagon.

I remember the Pentagon...

Wasn't that hit with an Aircraft?...

Where and when was it that a President first got a Warning of that VERY thing being a Possibility?...

"Suicide bomber(s) belonging to al-Qaida's Martyrdom Battalion could crash-land an aircraft packed with high explosives (C-4 and semtex) into the Pentagon, the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or the White House,"

http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/pdf-files/Soc_Psych_of_Terrorism.pdf

That's correct... Clinton had 2 years after being given this Report... A Report which I am to understand his VP Assisted with.

What did they do for 2 years after that Sallow?...

And new Security for Airports, Aircraft, Flight Training Schools?... Anything?

Nope.

And save the August 6th PDB only a MONTH before 9/11...

It's Title just Regurgitates the Declaration of War that al Qaeda declared on us in 1996.

KSM, the Mastermind behind 9/11 Attack the WTC the first time in 1993 under Clinton...

Clinton FAILED to get KSM for 8 years.

KSM Finished the job on 9/11.

Save that Tripe for people who didn't Live through that Era. :thup:

:)

peace...

Operative word: Terrorist. Not: Movie.

Which ones were denied military aid and rescue ?

Answer: Zip, Nada, Zero.

Of course there were terrorist attacks.

Where and when was it that a President first got a Warning of that VERY thing being a Possibility?...

"Suicide bomber(s) belonging to al-Qaida's Martyrdom Battalion could crash-land an aircraft packed with high explosives (C-4 and semtex) into the Pentagon, the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or the White House,"

That's correct... Clinton had 2 years after being given this Report... A Report which I am to understand his VP Assisted with.

Nope.

It's Title just Regurgitates the Declaration of War that al Qaeda declared on us in 1996.

KSM, the Mastermind behind 9/11 Attack the WTC the first time in 1993 under Clinton...

peace...

Clinton wasn't President during 9/11.

Catch up.

Piece.

:thup:

Nope.

peace...

Catch up.

Piece.

You're better than that Sallow... I Hope.

Try again... this time with Dishonestly Dimissing what I Provided.

peace...

Nope.

peace...

Catch up.

Piece.

Nope Clinton wasn't POTUS during 9-11 and you can bet your ass he's on his knees every night thanking God that AQ waited that eight months after he left office to strike.

John O'Neil was an FBI agent under Clinton. O'Neil knew something was up and an attack was pending. He just didn't know where or when. He tried like hell to get his bosses in the FBI to listen to what he was saying. Hell. The first attempt on the WTC was in 93. That one failed. The FBI didn't want to believe that anyone would actually try again. They thought O'Neil was nuts. O'Neil was finally forced out of the FBI in 2001. He was hired as head of security at the TT. He died in those Twin Towers on 9-11.

Clinton did absolutely nothing against terrorism during his tenure as POTUS. Hell. We were attacked all over the world and he did nothing. He also could have taken out UBL on numerous occasions and again he did nothing.

Oh you can blame Bush all you want but I think the buck stopped with Clinton and still does.

Nope.

peace...

Catch up.

Piece.

Nope Clinton wasn't POTUS during 9-11 and you can bet your ass he's on his knees every night thanking God that AQ waited that eight months after he left office to strike.

John O'Neil was an FBI agent under Clinton. O'Neil knew something was up and an attack was pending. He just didn't know where or when. He tried like hell to get his bosses in the FBI to listen to what he was saying. Hell. The first attempt on the WTC was in 93. That one failed. The FBI didn't want to believe that anyone would actually try again. They thought O'Neil was nuts. O'Neil was finally forced out of the FBI in 2001. He was hired as head of security at the TT. He died in those Twin Towers on 9-11.

Clinton did absolutely nothing against terrorism during his tenure as POTUS. Hell. We were attacked all over the world and he did nothing. He also could have taken out UBL on numerous occasions and again he did nothing.

Oh you can blame Bush all you want but I think the buck stopped with Clinton and still does.

KSM, the Mastermind behind 9/11 took his first shot @ the WTC Killing Americans on American Soil in 1993... Clinton's first year...

He did NOTHING for 8 years aside from this...

He Bombed a Medicial Facility in the Sudan without Consulting Congress and after Denying the offer of bin Laden from the Sudanese.

That's Clinton's record...

That and using an Unpaid Intern his Daughers Age's Mouth as a Cram Hole and her Dress as a Cum Rag.

peace...

Nope.

peace...

Catch up.

Piece.

peace...

Try what again?

Clinton was not President during 9/11.

Another newsflash for ya.

It was Reagan and Poppa Bush that armed Osama Bin Laden and taught him the spook Ops necessary to get 9/11 done.

Good stuff. :thup:

Bonus Prize. Sonny Boy Bush took over a company started by Bin Laden's brother.

Da plot thickens.

Piece.

Catch up.

Piece.

peace...

Try what again?

It was Reagan and Poppa Bush that armed Osama Bin Laden and taught him the spook Ops necessary to get 9/11 done.

Da plot thickens.

Piece.

So you are going to be Dishonest...

Cool... Your Inability to Counter what I have Posted will go as a Concession that you can't. :thup:

But I still like ya.

peace...

peace...

Try what again?

Da plot thickens.

Piece.

So you are going to be Dishonest...

Cool... Your Inability to Counter what I have Posted will go as a Concession that you can't. :thup:

But I still like ya.

peace...

:lol:

You're alright Mal.

Forum List

Back