Hillary says NRA needs a "rival" organization of responsible gun owners

Responsible Gun Owners Must Be the Loudest Voices for Gun Safety Legislation

As a proud, responsible gun owner, I paid close attention to the president's speech outlining his executive actions on guns and studied the written proposal put forth by the White House carefully, and I can't NOT support them. I realize this may not make me popular with some gun owners, and I realize there is deep distrust of President Obama and his use of executive action. Simply put, I've always believed in being a responsible ambassador for the Second Amendment, a right that I hold dear; and, thus, I believe responsible gun owners MUST be the loudest voices for universal background checks and addressing the mental health crisis we face in this country, which form the crux of the president's proposals.

Universal background checks should be a no-brainer. Guns should not change hands without a background check. I cannot give my car to my children without filing a form with the DMV, and no one complains about that burden, nor do they suggest it's a veiled attempt to de-car America. Ronald Reagan, a conservative hero, wrote poignantly in 1991 that if background checks and waiting periods impacted gun deaths by as little as 10 to 15 percent, it should be the law of the land. In enacting universal background checks, Congress must fund improvements to the system and make it easy for a law abiding gun owner to transfer a gun to another law abiding citizen. It's also critically important that those who believe their Second Amendment right is wrongly infringed to have their day in Court and have a Judge review any administrative determination prohibiting them from owning a gun.

I also believe background checks should be streamlined for law-abiding citizens. A universal and robust background check process would show that responsible gun ownership is possible. Surveys show most Americans support responsible, law-abiding citizens purchasing a gun.

More: Responsible Gun Owners Must Be the Loudest Voices for Gun Safety Legislation

Amen! Responsible gun owners must speak up. Take the power away from NRA terrorists.

The Left has actually tried this numerous times. It always fails. Because the NRA represents responsible gun owners.
The Left is terrified of them because they are the most effective lobby in Washington.

Yes, the NRA is a VERY effective lobby - but not an HONEST one! It is run by hardcore NRA gun nutter radicals who refuse to give an inch even on gun control issues that most Americans and most gun owners support. Universal background checks should be a no-brainer.

Well we learned where Obama got part of his strategy from.

As a proud, responsible gun owner, I paid close attention to the president's speech outlining his executive actions on guns and studied the written proposal put forth by the White House carefully, and I can't NOT support them. I realize this may not make me popular with some gun owners, and I realize there is deep distrust of President Obama and his use of executive action. Simply put, I've always believed in being a responsible ambassador for the Second Amendment, a right that I hold dear; and, thus, I believe responsible gun owners MUST be the loudest voices for universal background checks and addressing the mental health crisis we face in this country, which form the crux of the president's proposals.

Universal background checks should be a no-brainer. Guns should not change hands without a background check. I cannot give my car to my children without filing a form with the DMV, and no one complains about that burden, nor do they suggest it's a veiled attempt to de-car America. Ronald Reagan, a conservative hero, wrote poignantly in 1991 that if background checks and waiting periods impacted gun deaths by as little as 10 to 15 percent, it should be the law of the land. In enacting universal background checks, Congress must fund improvements to the system and make it easy for a law abiding gun owner to transfer a gun to another law abiding citizen. It's also critically important that those who believe their Second Amendment right is wrongly infringed to have their day in Court and have a Judge review any administrative determination prohibiting them from owning a gun.

I also believe background checks should be streamlined for law-abiding citizens. A universal and robust background check process would show that responsible gun ownership is possible. Surveys show most Americans support responsible, law-abiding citizens purchasing a gun.

More: Responsible Gun Owners Must Be the Loudest Voices for Gun Safety Legislation

Amen! Responsible gun owners must speak up. Take the power away from NRA terrorists.

You want to stop the majority of gun murders in America?
Clean up the inner city ghettos. And I can promise you this...not a single asshole in the ghetto is a member of the NRA.

The Left has actually tried this numerous times. It always fails. Because the NRA represents responsible gun owners.
The Left is terrified of them because they are the most effective lobby in Washington.

Yes, the NRA is a VERY effective lobby - but not an HONEST one! It is run by hardcore NRA gun nutter radicals who refuse to give an inch even on gun control issues that most Americans and most gun owners support. Universal background checks should be a no-brainer.

Not giving an inch is exactly the position the NRA's membership expect and demand that it take. Give an inch and the gun grabbers will try to take a mile. They have proven this time after time. Average Americans (including NRA members) are in favor of controlling access to firearms by those who cannot be trusted with them. The gun grabbers wish to deny gun rights to average Americans. So-obviously-the two groups are at cross purposes and your continued whining about that is unlikely to change anything..If I want to give my old shotgun to my Son it is, and should continue to be, my right to do so without having to pay the government for the chance to screw up the paperwork. And, no, there are no good reasons (and plenty of bad ones) for the government to have a data base of who has what guns.

Clean up the inner city ghettos. And I can promise you this...not a single asshole in the ghetto is a member of the NRA.

The NRA wants to make sure inner city ghettos get all the guns they want. The NRA fights to protect the sources of those inner city ghetto guns.

Not giving an inch is exactly the position the NRA's membership expect and demand that it take. Give an inch and the gun grabbers will try to take a mile. They have proven this time after time. Average Americans (including NRA members) are in favor of controlling access to firearms by those who cannot be trusted with them. The gun grabbers wish to deny gun rights to average Americans. So-obviously-the two groups are at cross purposes and your continued whining about that is unlikely to change anything..If I want to give my old shotgun to my Son it is, and should continue to be, my right to do so without having to pay the government for the chance to screw up the paperwork. And, no, there are no good reasons (and plenty of bad ones) for the government to have a data base of who has what guns.

That's some funny paranoid shit. Just wear lots of tin foil.

The NRA wants to make sure inner city ghettos get all the guns they want. The NRA fights to protect the sources of those inner city ghetto guns.

Clean up the ghetto and you wouldnt have to worry about guns.
It's really a simple matter to do so,commit a crime with a gun and it's an automatic 25 year sentence.
Of course since negroes commit the majority of gun crimes liberals will never go for it.
They wouldnt want to upset their base....

That's some funny paranoid shit. Just wear lots of tin foil.

Oh really? Come on pokedbyabuffalo,tell us where he's wrong.

It's really a simple matter to do so,commit a crime with a gun and it's an automatic 25 year sentence.
Of course since negroes commit the majority of gun crimes liberals will never go for it.

It's hard to clean up inner city ghettos when NRA gunrunners are constantly trucking in guns. It's all about the money.

It's hard to clean up inner city ghettos when NRA gunrunners are constantly trucking in guns.

The NRA doesnt ship nor sell guns.

It's hard to clean up inner city ghettos when NRA gunrunners are constantly trucking in guns.

The NRA doesnt ship nor sell guns.

The NRA is the great facilitator between gun manufacturers and buyers.

Eventually responsible gun owners will defeat the NRA terrorists.

Oh damn thats funny!!!
Let me guess...your still pissed about the cowboys and indians thing?

Wow, it only took 12 posts for some deranged NRA terrorist to go racist.

Well, he may not be able to call you a mighty poor example of whatever tribe you suppose to be a part of without you calling him a racist.

But I can. I'm just not crippled by the fact a fair portion of my ancestors got walked to death on the trail of tears.

You should build a bridge and get over it, assuming you're not drunk. You got stupid down pat.

Oh damn thats funny!!!

Well, he may not be able to call you a mighty poor example of whatever tribe you suppose to be a part of without you calling him a racist.

But I can. I'm just not crippled by the fact a fair portion of my ancestors got walked to death on the trail of tears.

You should build a bridge and get over it, assuming you're not drunk. You got stupid down pat.

I fuck with her every chance I get.
Dont take it personal because I really have nothing against indians...just that particular one.

Oh damn thats funny!!!

Dont take it personal because I really have nothing against indians...just that particular one.

Fuck with her? Since I'm a guy - please stop cornholing me.

Oh damn thats funny!!!

Fuck with her? Since I'm a guy - please stop cornholing me.

Sorry..liberals always come across as .....
upload_2016-1-5_22-28-13.png

Oh damn thats funny!!!

Oh I can tell the difference when you're just having fun at a moron's expense.

We're not all drunk or stoned and stupid. :banana2:

Forum List

Back