San Bernardino Shooting Prompts Nevada Politician To Drop His NRA Membership

image0092.jpg

566203ab210000dd005ac5b9.jpeg

Democrat John Oceguera, a former speaker of the Nevada assembly who's running for Congress, resigned his lifetime NRA membership because of what he said was the group's opposition to "any legislation that would help keep guns out of the hands of terrorists."

"I am law-abiding gun owner, and have been a Life Member of the National Rifle Association" Oceguera wrote in letter to NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre Thursday, posted on Oceguera's campaign website. "I grew up in a family of hunters. But more importantly, I'm a father and a husband. I believe that keeping our families safe is our most fundamental priority."

Oceguera's NRA resignation followed this week's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, that police said was carried out by a husband and wife using legally purchased assault-style rifles and semi-automatic pistols. Federal officials on Friday said they had concluded the motive for the attack, which killed 14 people and wounded 21, was terrorism. Oceguera is running for Nevada's 4th Congressional District, currently represented by Republican Cresent Hardy.

Oceguera said in the letter he was disappointed the NRA "opposes any legislation that would help keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, criminals and the mentally ill, and spends millions to stop any action in Congress that could help prevent further violence."

"I cannot continue to be a member while the NRA refuses to back closing these loopholes," he added. "Therefore, I resign my membership in the NRA, effective immediately. Please remove my name from your membership list."

Republicans in he U.S. Senate on Thursday voted down an amendment that would have expanded background checks for people trying to purchase firearms at gun shows and on the Internet.

I salute you, Sir! I was also an NRA member for many years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. Prior to that, the NRA was a good and honorable outfit.
He dropped it along with his balls and pecker. Probably along side your fake indian reproductive organs.

Democrat John Oceguera, a former speaker of the Nevada assembly who's running for Congress, resigned his lifetime NRA membership because of what he said was the group's opposition to "any legislation that would help keep guns out of the hands of terrorists."

"I am law-abiding gun owner, and have been a Life Member of the National Rifle Association" Oceguera wrote in letter to NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre Thursday, posted on Oceguera's campaign website. "I grew up in a family of hunters. But more importantly, I'm a father and a husband. I believe that keeping our families safe is our most fundamental priority."

Oceguera's NRA resignation followed this week's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, that police said was carried out by a husband and wife using legally purchased assault-style rifles and semi-automatic pistols. Federal officials on Friday said they had concluded the motive for the attack, which killed 14 people and wounded 21, was terrorism. Oceguera is running for Nevada's 4th Congressional District, currently represented by Republican Cresent Hardy.

Oceguera said in the letter he was disappointed the NRA "opposes any legislation that would help keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, criminals and the mentally ill, and spends millions to stop any action in Congress that could help prevent further violence."

"I cannot continue to be a member while the NRA refuses to back closing these loopholes," he added. "Therefore, I resign my membership in the NRA, effective immediately. Please remove my name from your membership list."

Republicans in he U.S. Senate on Thursday voted down an amendment that would have expanded background checks for people trying to purchase firearms at gun shows and on the Internet.

I salute you, Sir! I was also an NRA member for many years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. Prior to that, the NRA was a good and honorable outfit.
He dropped it along with his balls and pecker. Probably along side your fake indian reproductive organs.

I've put up my stats.

Put up yours or shut the fuck up. Mine are from your crime labs.

Why don't you present evidence that shows your crime labs are lying on their stats.

I haven't seen your stats any where.

Crawl thru my posts. I back up all my posts with serious links to data.
Sorry not to seem so bitchy tonight but I am just so tired of bullshit I just don't feel like posting links any more tonight.

Crawl thru my posts. I back up all my posts with serious links to data.
Sorry not to seem so bitchy tonight but I am just so tired of bullshit I just don't feel like posting links any more tonight.

Fair enough. I found a link and posted it from an Australian govt site. Looks like stabbings are up and down over the past 20 years.

What does that prove?...

... ISIS is more responsible for the shooting...

... than the NRA...

... especially since the guns were bought legally...

... and had someone had an NRA approved gun...

... they may have been able to stop the jihadis...

... dead in their tracks as the cops did...

... when they caught up to them.

Well lacuckoo, you and the assemblyman convinced me, I just bought a Life Membership in the NRA!
Any organization that gives you regressives so fucking much heartburn has to be a good one.

Hope he turned his guns in too, then we can be sure he won't hurt anyone

Hes a MORON

Regan and the NRA were key supporters of the Mulford Act which was enacted to disarm the Black Panthers in the 60's. Yes you read that right....the NRA.

Black Panthers and Gun Control: The NRA's Flip Flop

"Reagan claimed that the Mulford Act, as it became known, "would work no hardship on the honest citizen." The NRA actually helped craft similar legislation in states across the country. Fast-forward to 2013, and it is a white-male dominated NRA, largely made up of Southern conservatives and gun owners from the Midwest and Southwestern states, that argues "do not tread on me" in the gun debate."

Yes we know that the far left does not acknowledge that Reagan was a Democrat!
Thats because he was a repub.

Forum List

Back