High School

What were you in high school?

• Total voters
How little nicky got a ride to school everyday...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f67LgpJBPPE]Chuck Norris Super Kick - YouTube[/ame]

Oh, of course you would have, precious, of course... :rolleyes:

Then later you'd skip the classes that were too easy for you and throw an epic party and drink like a ton of beers and like totally not have sex with girls even though you like totally could have...:eusa_liar:

wow...:eek:

You're pretty close....

More like I would beat your ass, then ditch class - go hang out with some buddies and my G/F and smoke weed and drink beer...

I don't know what the fuck your problem is but I'm absolutely certain I'm not the only one to have "ditched class" to go get high and hang out with friends that posts on this board...

Not my fault you had a lame ass life/childhood/teenage years.

"Had?" He's still there. Sounds about middle school, not yet high school.

Is this where you put your foot in your mouth again?

Little nicky joins the debate club:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HyVYhFN5Jw]Chuck Norris Kicks A Guy's Ass - YouTube[/ame]

Little nicky becomes a foreign exchange student:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE]bruce lee vs. chuck norris - YouTube[/ame]

I went to school, worked reasonably hard, got good grades, won awards and scholarships, went to college, got a cool job and now make a decent living.

I regret it though because I don't have any cool high school stories about kicking ass and getting laid.

Yeah, well, I did all those cool things and got a degree from the University of Illinois on top of that...

I went to school, worked reasonably hard, got good grades, won awards and scholarships, went to college, got a cool job and now make a decent living.

I regret it though because I don't have any cool high school stories about kicking ass and getting laid.

Yeah, well, I did all those cool things and got a degree from the University of Illinois on top of that...

Good stuff.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0edCAOkdXgU]simpsons clown college - YouTube[/ame]

Little nicky seduces the school nurse by showing off how much of the alphabet he's learned:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyzK6e6py9A]The Fonz: Eyy ****Best Quality**** - YouTube[/ame]

I ditched a lot too... I would go to first period then come back ninth period and pretend I was there all day..

i left in september and checked back in june.

I think the school system should quit with the 12-year system. They should test kids out whenever they appear ready.

I totally agree with that.....

Some kids are more advanced than others. However in my area, once a student completes all their credits (even in the 11th grade) they can take classes that give college credits while they're still in high school. So they will still graduate with their class but they will certainly go into college with college credits.

But I certainly do like the idea of a standardized test to earn a HS diploma... Of course there is the GED test, but I don't think a student should have to drop out of high school to advance further because they're more advanced than their peers.

i left in september and checked back in june.

I think the school system should quit with the 12-year system. They should test kids out whenever they appear ready.

Some kids are more advanced than others. However in my area, once a student completes all their credits (even in the 11th grade) they can take classes that give college credits while they're still in high school. So they will still graduate with their class but they will certainly go into college with college credits.

But I certainly do like the idea of a standardized test to earn a HS diploma... Of course there is the GED test, but I don't think a student should have to drop out of high school to advance further because they're more advanced than their peers.

Agreed.

For instance, my nephew's son is a regular "Little Man Tate." He tested out of Kindergarten at first parent-teacher conferences. He was reading and doing basic math when he got there. I don't know what they're going to do with him, but I know he will expire of boredom if they try to keep him with his age group.

Agreed.

For instance, my nephew's son is a regular "Little Man Tate." He tested out of Kindergarten at first parent-teacher conferences. He was reading and doing basic math when he got there. I don't know what they're going to do with him, but I know he will expire of boredom if they try to keep him with his age group.

That's the way I felt when I was in high school - "bored." 80% of the things they were teaching me I already knew..... That or some classes had no practical application to job or life.... I suppose college is also the same way... That's why I hated some of my prerequisite classes.

I wonder if I should have found a way to include band/choir/orchestra - OR was that part of Nerd/Geek?
I was in choir, and I voted brainiac/nerd/geek. Works for me.

Choir, Madrigal Choir, Beta Club, Science Club. Pulled a C in Chemistry, but only because I was interested in the Biology of the girl I sat in front of. Sorry, Mr. Smith -- she was far more interesting. :tongue:

Some time later, I married her. We hit the 21-year mark next Friday. :)

Nice!
Thanks!
And what voice range are/were you? Any solos?
I did it all -- tenor, baritone, and occasionally bass. Had solos in the Madrigal Choir, and I scored a perfect score in All-State Choir tryouts singing "The Blind Ploughman"...a capella.

I was in choir, and I voted brainiac/nerd/geek. Works for me.

Choir, Madrigal Choir, Beta Club, Science Club. Pulled a C in Chemistry, but only because I was interested in the Biology of the girl I sat in front of. Sorry, Mr. Smith -- she was far more interesting. :tongue:

Some time later, I married her. We hit the 21-year mark next Friday. :)

Nice!
Thanks!
I did it all -- tenor, baritone, and occasionally bass. Had solos in the Madrigal Choir, and I scored a perfect score in All-State Choir tryouts singing "The Blind Ploughman"...a capella.

Wow, that is quite a range!

Thanks!

Wow, that is quite a range!
Sadly, it didn't last as long as my marriage. I'm strictly tenor now. Luckily, I prefer singing harmony to lead. :lol:

Forum List

Back