Hi Everyone...

TonyM

Rookie
Feb 23, 2017
Kent UK
I'm Tony from Earth, just like everyone I know.

I say from Earth because my heritage spans many countries including:
Chile
Finland
Sweden
France
Palestine
Germany
Spain
and a few more.
Born and bred in the UK, I have lived in here most of my life but also lived in (not just visited) Germany, Spain, USA, France. I've had had girlfriends from Austria, USA, Italy and my first wife was from Argentina with blood from Croatia, Serbia, England and Ireland.

So my 4 daughters really do have a mixed background.

Like most mongrels, we seem to have more than our share of health, intelligence and for my daughters, silly amounts of beauty.

I would love to label myself a free-thinker, open to any logic, evidence and idea, but in reality I am pulled in many directions off center depending on topic and time.
I guess I am slightly conservative regarding UK politics and slightly liberal regarding US politics, but it by no means dictates that I follow party lines on any one subject.
I believe in God but do not follow or support any religion over another, again, aiming to be a free-thinker in this respect.

I certainly do not expect anyone to HAVE to follow my beliefs as I do not, on principle, follow or 'obey' the beliefs of others. My politics and religion are centered around right and wrong, good and bad.

My passions are my daughters, flying, building things (model planes, summerhouses, decks..) and golf, but I also like sooo many other things it would take an age to list... sailing, travelling, cooking, skiing....

As for jobs, I have had a few, from Flying small aircraft through the plumes of nuclear power stations in the Tennessee Valley, to head chef in a Spanish Tapas bar in Liverpool, to transport management. Now, I build sheds, decks, summerhouses, tree houses, garden offices and pretty much anything that adds joy to peoples' quality of life.

Like so many others, I am fascinated by events in the US. I also have friends over the Pond and part of my heart will always remain in that tiny airfield in north-east Alabama where I first learnt to fly.Many of my heroes are US born: Yeager, Bader, Armstrong, King, Kennedy and so many more.

Like my heroes, I am human and flawed in my thinking and actions.

I now live in Kent, England. Directly above my head 76 years ago, one of the battles of WWII ensued that provided the freedom from oppression that my family and much of the world enjoys. We still get Spitfires, Hurricanes and P51s from Biggin Hill, Headcorn and Duxford flying overhead, sometimes doing barrel rolls to remind us that this precious freedom is something to be celebrated every day.

In a perfect metaphor for modern life, my philosophy on life includes words from a fictitious Hollywood character: Earn this!

This character for me represents every person in the armed and security services that has and continues to sacrifice in the pursuit of freedom and security.

Like every human being, I reserve the right to change my beliefs as I learn about life and I reserve the right to learn from anyone and everyone, regardless of what they believe. As an instructor, I have learnt from my students. As a father, I have learnt from my children.

Favourite quotes:
"The more I practice, the luckier I get"
"We are fleas arguing over who owns the dog we are living on"

My spelling and grammar are awful and I am often factually wrong, but never intentionally.

Kindest regards

Tony

Tony, you do realize that this is a Creationist website? Here we value racial purity above all things.

You've effectively waltzed into a vegan restaurant and casually ordered a whale steak.

Welcome Tony. Some of the bible thumpers here do think this is a creationist web site, but like lots of religious nuts, they just pretend the parts, or people they don't like don't exist. You might want to put on some hip boots before you go much further.

I'm Tony from Earth, just like everyone I know.

Born and bred in the UK, I have lived in here most of my life but also lived in (not just visited) Germany, Spain, USA, France. I've had had girlfriends from Austria, USA, Italy and my first wife was from Argentina with blood from Croatia, Serbia, England and Ireland.

USA best that list. Then Germany and finally UK and France with Le Pen as president campaigns. She want to leave EU with France right wing job or smaller immigration if France stay but she really want to leave EU ....

Actually, its the people that make a country, not just the politics or recent history.

If you travel, you will see the same mix of people EVERYWHERE in the world: some good, some bad, in about the same ratio.

Also, all good people, regardless of incredible achievements do some bad things and all bad people have done some good things. In my experience.

In the past, both the US and Germany have done some awful things... inhumane and unforgivable, as has the UK. It all depends on how far back in history you are willing to go.

Since people have been on this planet for millions of years, judging our actions by only what we have done in the past few decades is just too selective.

Yes, the USA has some of the most wonderful people I've ever met. But so does Iran, Iceland, Spain, Russia, Tibet....

Think some are missing the point:

Countries have only existed in the last fraction of the existence of human beings. They are just labels and for many, an excuse to argue the difference... to be closed minded about people in general.

Fleas on a dog....

Countries have only existed in the last fraction of the existence of human beings. They are just labels and for many, an excuse to argue the difference... to be closed minded about people in general.

Fleas on a dog....

You're either a country or not. There's no in between.

Well. Done.

wu026v.jpg

Fleas on a dog....

I'm the country of free thinking...

Am I Chilean because of my father, or Finnish because of my Mother, or English because of my language and where I live right now, or American because of my phone, or Swedish because of my grandfather???

Or human from earth?

Fleas on a dog....

Am I Chilean because of my father, or Finnish because of my Mother, or English because of my language and where I live right now, or American because of my phone, or Swedish because of my grandfather???

Or human from earth?

Fleas on a dog....

Or human from earth?

Human is just a label, so is earth.

Forum List

Back