Hi. Any Genesis fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may think that this question is way out there from planet 9, (or beyond) But I have a Genesis song question for you. On which Genesis album does this phrase appear. "As I cuddled the porcupine, he said I had none to blame but me." No cheating by looking it up. Either you know or you don't know.

Abbaacab baby!!!!!

San Souci

You should expand your brain by listening to Genesis. Besides, they put out their first album in 1969. That would be withing the time frame that you are speaking of. Nursery Crime and Foxtrot are probably my favorite Genesis albums. Though they have done a LOT of other good stuff.
Still never heard of 'em/ They probably played second billing to Monkies Concerts.
You seem almost proud of your ignorance.

You appear to have had only the most cursory interest in music as a teenager and then stopped listening to anything at all after high school.
I was at the Monterey Pop Festival. Went to Winterland and West many time. Also Avalon. Also Sound Factory. Never saw Genesis. Sorry. Maybe I forgot. Musta been the LSD. (hehe)

I
San Souci

You should expand your brain by listening to Genesis. Besides, they put out their first album in 1969. That would be withing the time frame that you are speaking of. Nursery Crime and Foxtrot are probably my favorite Genesis albums. Though they have done a LOT of other good stuff.
Still never heard of 'em/ They probably played second billing to Monkies Concerts.

You appear to have had only the most cursory interest in music as a teenager and then stopped listening to anything at all after high school.
I was at the Monterey Pop Festival. Went to Winterland and West many time. Also Avalon. Also Sound Factory. Never saw Genesis. Sorry. Maybe I forgot. Musta been the LSD. (hehe)
I have been to Winterland and West many times a well. Bill Graham used to book acts togther no matter their compatability. I once saw Ten Years After, the Charlie Daniels Band and King Krimson all in the same show. Of course, you probably have never heard of them, either.

I dont understand why you are trying to turn this into such a pissing contest over the fact that you DON'T know a fucking thing about music.

Last edited:
I
San Souci

I have been to Winterland and West many times a well. Bill Graham used to book acts togther no matter their compatability. I once saw Ten Years After, the Charlie Daniels Band and King Krimson all in the same show. Of course, you probably have never heard of them, either.

I dont understand why you are trying to turn this into such a pissing contest over the fact that you DON'T know a fucking thing about music.
Ten Years After? Have 'em on Vinyl. Charlie Daniels? Sure. Saw Him on Hee Haw.

I
San Souci

Pissing contest? Just because I never heard of Genesis? Well ,maybe I DID and just thought they sucked. I don't know. I saw Big Brother ,Jefferson Airplane ,Greatful Dead ,Country Joe and Moby Grape all in the same show. Saw the Mothers at Winterland. Guess who was on the same show? Booker T and BB King. Don't try to give me a lesson on 60's music. Or early 70's ,for that matter. What really sucked was when "Disco" came along and put real Rock on the shelf for a couple of years.

I
San Souci

Pissing contest? Just because I never heard of Genesis? Well ,maybe I DID and just thought they sucked. I don't know. I saw Big Brother ,Jefferson Airplane ,Greatful Dead ,Country Joe and Moby Grape all in the same show. Saw the Mothers at Winterland. Guess who was on the same show? Booker T and BB King. Don't try to give me a lesson on 60's music. Or early 70's ,for that matter. What really sucked was when "Disco" came along and put real Rock on the shelf for a couple of years.
Other good stuff was by Focus ,Spooky Tooth ,Grand Funk , ELO , Emerson ,Lake ,and Palmer. Not to mention Blind Faith. Am I missing anything?

Mindful

Yeah, not too bad. But I've heard better. There are some other really top notch guitarists out there that I didn't mention. A couple are Frank Zappa and Bucket Head. There is a killer guitarist who used to play for the Dixie Dregs named Steve Morse. Though since 1994 he has been playing for Deep Purple. There is another really great guitarist who played for a band called Racer X. His name is Paul Gilbert. Their album Street Lethal is killer. Another top notch guitarist is Paco de Lucia. He did an album called Friday Night in San Francisco along with Al Di Meola and John Mclaughlin. They are all playing acoustic guitars. The first song is called Mediterranean Sundance that is just Al Di Molea and Paco de Lucia. You should give it a listen. It will melt your face off. I don't know that much about guitar playing to tell whether or not at times if Paco is just playing with a pick or if he switches to finger the strings like Spanish guitar players do. But I can tell his left hand is flying up and down the neck of the guitar. Which is something only a real virtuoso can do.

Mindful

Yeah, not too bad. But I've heard better. There are some other really top notch guitarists out there that I didn't mention. A couple are Frank Zappa and Bucket Head. There is a killer guitarist who used to play for the Dixie Dregs named Steve Morse. Though since 1994 he has been playing for Deep Purple. There is another really great guitarist who played for a band called Racer X. His name is Paul Gilbert. Their album Street Lethal is killer. Another top notch guitarist is Paco de Lucia. He did an album called Friday Night in San Francisco along with Al Di Meola and John Mclaughlin. They are all playing acoustic guitars. The first song is called Mediterranean Sundance that is just Al Di Molea and Paco de Lucia. You should give it a listen. It will melt your face off. I don't know that much about guitar playing to tell whether or not at times if Paco is just playing with a pick or if he switches to finger the strings like Spanish guitar players do. But I can tell his left hand is flying up and down the neck of the guitar. Which is something only a real virtuoso can do.

He’s the lead guitarist with Genesis.

Mindful

How about Jimi? B B King? Pete Townsend? Jeff Beck?

Pissing contest? Just because I never heard of Genesis? Well ,maybe I DID and just thought they sucked.
Genesis is not a “they”. Genesis is a string of biblical verses telling the audience at the time how life on this planet evolved.
I would post the verses, but I believe it would be a waste of bandwidth.
Way, way, over your comprehension.
No animosity intended or implied

Its just the way it is, or as I see it, in the least
:)-

I guess all masturbation would be self-masturbation, wouldn't it?
Oh geez, shite, you know what i mean... :cool:

Mindful

Yes, those were all musicians active when you were young.

Mindful

Well ,then. How about Hall and Oates? The Bangels? Police? Billy Joel? Fleetwood Mac? Blondi? (Debbie Harry)--Most of that was the 80's. Still never heard Genesis.

Mindful

Well ,then. How about Hall and Oates? The Bangels? Police? Billy Joel? Fleetwood Mac? Blondi? (Debbie Harry)--Most of that was the 80's. Still never heard Genesis.
How about them in what context?

None of them had anywhere remotely close to the musical chops of Genesis, but I liked a few of them for what they did.

As for Fleetwood Mac in particular, though, are you talking the Peter Green version, the Bob Welsh version, the Danny Kirwin version or just the version that became popular enough for you to have heard of them?

I rather likes the albums Bare Trees and Kiln House, myself.

This thread sounds to me like it's the Trumpers' lifeboat they're climbing on from the decks of their sinking ship.

Clear airspace for all the assholes that realize they've been hoodwinked!

p.s. hopefully it's now become fair game to call each other 'asshole'?
One would certainly have to get that impression!

This thread sounds to me like it's the Trumpers' lifeboat they're climbing on from the decks of their sinking ship.

Clear airspace for all the assholes that realize they've been hoodwinked!

p.s. hopefully it's now become fair game to call each other 'asshole'?
One would certainly have to get that impression!
If it sounds that way to you, it is only because you have a most tenuous grip on reality.

What this thread actually IS consists of a poster introducing himself and asking people if they are also a fan of a British Progressive band called Genesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back