Hey White People: What in the fuck is Jello salad?

I do make something called cranberry salad that I use on the holidays in place of cranberry sauce. It's two pints of fresh cranberries ground up (I like to leave some big pieces though), a can of crushed pineapple, pineapple juice, a couple of squeezes of lemon juice, two boxes of cherry jello mix, about 2 cups of sugar, a pinch of salt, walnuts (optional). You make the jello first (adding the lemon and pineapple juices in place of water) and let it set up a bit (for about 20 minutes in the fridge - just until it is beginning to get firm), and then you mix all the ingredients together and put in the fridge overnight. I use a decorative mold. Viola! Cranberry salad! :D It's awesome with turkey. It is not too sweet either. It is perfect.

A friend of mine just posted a pic of his dinner with the family and there was a like 2 globs on his plate. One was probably just mayonnaise because white people love that shit. Or ranch...it' a toss up.

But one was orange and gelatinous and in the comments someone mentioned they love Jello salad.

Being black I've never seen Jello in any other form but as a kids dessert.
I've never seen Jello in any other form but as a kids dessert, either, and I hate mayonnaise. And it wasn't mayonnaise. It was ice cold whipped cream. Mos people of any race know that. And I've never heard it called a "salad" No, not hardly.

Forum List

Back