Hey White People: What in the fuck is Jello salad?

White privilege. Nothing that concerns you. Move along, mundane, with your plain Jello.

I didn't know Jello was supposed to have other ingredients other than Jello. That shit looks like it came off a aliens toilet brush

Well, sometimes it has fruit in it....

fruitparfaitjello.jpg

Now this looks delicious! I would eat that.

That's a good question. I've never heard of someone putting a normal, greens-type salad in gelatin. That's just weird.

I was unaware that Jello fruit salad was unique to white people.....

Well, you are a picky pants anyways, but I agree this time. I've never seen that either. Where I'm from, that would be a dessert and you would not have lettuce and mayo or dressing on a plate next to it. Not appetizing, IMO.

White privilege. Nothing that concerns you. Move along, mundane, with your plain Jello.

I didn't know Jello was supposed to have other ingredients other than Jello. That shit looks like it came off a aliens toilet brush

Well, sometimes it has fruit in it....

fruitparfaitjello.jpg

Now this looks delicious! I would eat that.

I'm concerned about the bottom portion.....just some blueberries and strawberries in Jello sounds good, though. :)

True fruit salad...This is what I was talking about the first time...

23568c6bd723d8ec82b53ca97e3026c6--orange-fruit-orange-jello.jpg

What. Is. That?

Well, I thought is was Jello salad. Apparently it's fruit fluff salad. I always called it Jello salad, though. It's good.

Looks way too sweet and that is coming from someone with a sweet tooth. I think 5-year-olds might like that though! :D

Try it, you'll see.

Fluff is made from a mixture of pudding and whipped topping such as Cool Whipp or whipped cream. Pudding flavor depends on the fruit to be added with mini marshmellows.

What. Is. That?

Well, I thought is was Jello salad. Apparently it's fruit fluff salad. I always called it Jello salad, though. It's good.

Looks way too sweet and that is coming from someone with a sweet tooth. I think 5-year-olds might like that though! :D

Try it, you'll see.

Well, I looked up a recipe for it, and I have to say it doesn't sound very good. Maybe it is, or maybe it just depends on how sweet your sweet tooth is. :D

Fruit Fluff

DSC_0911-1024x682.jpg

Save Print
Prep time
5 mins
Total time
5 mins

Stuckonsweet.com: Jessica from www.stuckonsweet.com
Serves: 6-8
Ingredients
  • 1 30 ounce can fruit cocktail with juice
  • 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks with juice
  • 1 15 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1 3.9 oz instant vanilla pudding
  • 8 ounces light cool whip
  • half bag of mini marshmallows

Instructions

1. In a bowl mix juice (should be about 2 cups) with instant vanilla pudding. Stir until thickened. Add fruit and mix. Fold in cool whip and finally fold in marshmallows. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

Notes
This can be made with other canned fruits or you can add grapes, apples, cherries, etc.

Then, you can make it with Jello too.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 large package Cook and Serve vanilla pudding (4.6 ounces)
  • 1 large package strawberry jell-o (6 ounces)
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 16 oz Cool-Whip (lite or fat-free is fine)
  • 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
  • 2 cups of strawberries, chopped
  • 2 to 3 bananas, sliced (Optional, put in before serving so they don't turn brown in the fridge)
INSTRUCTIONS

1. Mix together pudding, Jell-o, and water over medium heat until it boils.
  2. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
  3. Refrigerate until mixture has thickened (overnight or for about 6 hours). Beat until creamy with a hand mixer.
  4. Fold in Cool Whip, marshmallows, and fruit. Chill about an hour before serving.

What. Is. That?

Try it, you'll see.

Well, I looked up a recipe for it, and I have to say it doesn't sound very good. Maybe it is, or maybe it just depends on how sweet your sweet tooth is. :D

Fruit Fluff

DSC_0911-1024x682.jpg

Save Print
Prep time
5 mins
Total time
5 mins

Ingredients

Instructions

1. In a bowl mix juice (should be about 2 cups) with instant vanilla pudding. Stir until thickened. Add fruit and mix. Fold in cool whip and finally fold in marshmallows. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

Notes
This can be made with other canned fruits or you can add grapes, apples, cherries, etc.

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups water
  • 2 to 3 bananas, sliced (Optional, put in before serving so they don't turn brown in the fridge)
INSTRUCTIONS

3. Refrigerate until mixture has thickened (overnight or for about 6 hours). Beat until creamy with a hand mixer.
  4. Fold in Cool Whip, marshmallows, and fruit. Chill about an hour before serving.

Well, no, I just have it funerals and stuff like that. You know how they aways have a get together afterward? They usually have it there for some reason.

It's good to know, though, thank you.

What. Is. That?

Try it, you'll see.

Fruit Fluff

DSC_0911-1024x682.jpg

Save Print
Prep time
5 mins
Total time
5 mins

Ingredients

Instructions

Notes

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups water
INSTRUCTIONS

I'd rather just eat the pudding or Jello. :p

Forum List

Back