Hey ladies...

That is all :D

Are you trying to tell us something?
andrea_20081223_254-edit700-1.jpg

I learned something from this thead...

I found this picture floating around on facebook, and my peer group, which is ~30 years old, thought it was funny regardless of their gender.

Here, I'm noticing that those around what I would assume or know are 40 or 50 + find it offensive and in poor taste.

All I'm going to say is that I HOPE when I get to that age bracket I can still find humor in something like that.
I would make a bet that all of your buddies are like you - don't know of any domestic violence victims and certainly would never even think of participating in it. So, I also hope your prediction comes true. That would be real nice. :)

Not everyone who responded to it on facebook was an actual friend of mine, I saw random comments from others who I don't actually associate with.

Only one of my 3 best friends in life is 'like me', though.

Some people I consider my friends, and some I just consider.

I found it funny still and I'm willing to bet that no one on this MSG board sees more domestic abuse cases then me. Just because you may laugh at the pic doesn't mean you endorse the action

Some people have no sense of humor, what a shame.

Funny that, because you couldn't be more wrong. Your observational skills obviously leave something to be desired. Accusing those in this thread, who dislike your pic, of having no sense of humour couldn't be further from reality. I know for a fact that they all have a sense of humour. I'm sure that you too have a sense of humour...it's just that your humour, in this case, lacked sensitivity.

Some people have no sense of humor, what a shame.

Funny that, because you couldn't be more wrong. Your observational skills obviously leave something to be desired. Accusing those in this thread, who dislike your pic, of having no sense of humour couldn't be further from reality. I know for a fact that they all have a sense of humour. I'm sure that you too have a sense of humour...it's just that your humour, in this case, lacked sensitivity.

Let's all be sure to have sensitivity in all posts relating to humour from now on.

I learned something from this thead...

I found this picture floating around on facebook, and my peer group, which is ~30 years old, thought it was funny regardless of their gender.

Here, I'm noticing that those around what I would assume or know are 40 or 50 + find it offensive and in poor taste.

All I'm going to say is that I HOPE when I get to that age bracket I can still find humor in something like that.

I must be immature for my age. :lol:

Maybe it would have been funnier if it had any of the following cowering in the corner (the caption would need to be changed for some of them).

A puppy
A kitten
A small child

:confused:

You accused me of being "politically correct". Well, that's wrong too. I think political correctness is a really bad scene and so phoney. I simply didn't find anything funny with your post. See, the problem with this kind of humor is that it promotes violence against women and detracts from the seriousness of that kind of violence. I'm very much against that. I have a great sense of humor - maybe I think some of the wrong stuff is funny - but not this. You went overboard on this one...

picture removed.

That is all :D

Not only in poor taste but it suggests or promotes illegal activity, even if in jest... i.e. wife beating, etc.

Care

Good thing it didn't promote some sort of illegal activity such as smoking marijuana.
Oh wait, it didn't promote wife beating either.

I have a great sense of humor - maybe I think some of the wrong stuff is funny - but not this. You went overboard on this one...

this statement is one big contradiction

you are saying you may find some wrong stuff funny on occasion but not this. However, you could say the something about the people who didn't find a problem with the pic. This may have been one of the wrong things they found funny.

He wasn't promoting Domestic Abuse for crying out loud...it was a joke on the old cliche of women should be cleaning the fucking dishes.

my god

You accused me of being "politically correct". Well, that's wrong too. I think political correctness is a really bad scene and so phoney. I simply didn't find anything funny with your post. See, the problem with this kind of humor is that it promotes violence against women and detracts from the seriousness of that kind of violence. I'm very much against that. I have a great sense of humor - maybe I think some of the wrong stuff is funny - but not this. You went overboard on this one...

Just how the fuck did that promote violence against women?
Does the picture I posted promote violence against mice?

Just how the fuck did that promote violence against women?
Does the picture I posted promote violence against mice?

It didn't but women are still afraid of men----sorta like blacks freak out about white robes.
Gotta bear that cross

Forum List

Back