Go ahead, have a kid. I DARE you. See if you ever get to sleep in again

Discuss or don't, I'm just sayin.

I've got three . . . I just got up at 9am, hubs left for work at 7:30am.

Time, Paulie, time is the answer to the kid/sleep thing. Somewhere around puberty they figure out that sleeping in is a good thing . . . of course then they don't ever want to go to bed.

be consistant in the bedtime...i put my son to bed no later than 8 pm..after dinner...giving my hubby and i time to be together....he finally objected when he was 11...they turn on you like snakes then...wait more like pit bulls

pare.jpg

be consistant in the bedtime...i put my son to bed no later than 8 pm..after dinner...giving my hubby and i time to be together....he finally objected when he was 11...they turn on you like snakes then...wait more like pit bulls

Yup. We were always, always consistent with bedtime and keeping them sleeping in their own beds. It was something we could nearly always count on . . . once the routine was established.

I have a friend who was lax about bedtime when the kids were babies and when they did go to bed she would go in and lay down with them until they fell asleep. Years later, when they were in grade and middle school, she was still doing this. They'd be up until 11 or midnight, having to get up and go to school the next day (I'm talking 6 and 7 year olds, that age). And it all fell on her. No way, Jose.

Establish a routine early . . . . babies and kids thrive on routine.

Last edited:
My boys love babies and I have made my position clear when it comes to teenage pregnancy. A) they will marry the girl B) they will live unhappily ever after in the trailer park without ONE dime in financial help from us.C) Don't be a ding dong and cover that schling shlong

So far its working...lol

My boys love babies and I have made my position clear when it comes to teenage pregnancy. A) they will marry the girl B) they will live unhappily ever after in the trailer park without ONE dime in financial help from us.C) Don't be a ding dong and cover that schling shlong

So far its working...lol

and the sex tape rules----?

So far its working...lol

Why yes, yes it does.

Oh, I meant :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

So far its working...lol

There should be a PSA with that.

So far its working...lol

Why yes, yes it does.

Oh, I meant :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Filthy ZB--just pure filth ! :lol:

Well Paulie my friend, you only have 8 more years for the first one, and 11 more years for the second one, to turn 13 and sleep a good 10 hours straight.

Teens: The only good thing about them is they sleep in late.

Forum List

Back