Hey all you "Real Americans" living in "Real America"

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
What do you all think of these people up in "New Hampshire" and "New England"?

I bet you think that we're weird and sort of European, right?

We don't have any Shoneys or Hardees up here.

But we drive on the right side of the road, and our shit smells like shit.

DISCUSS.

DISCUSS.

I'm pretty sure you said it all.

Well, you talk funny. And speak in short sentences. Tend to be very practical and hard working. Never been there, but those are traits that I have observed in people from that region.

I would probably be more comfortable living there than in the deep south.

Well, you talk funny. And speak in short sentences. Tend to be very practical and hard working. Never been there, but those are traits that I have observed in people from that region.

You guys do talk funny. I know a guy from Worchestershire or whatever (Mass), took him about 20 minutes to explain to me that he needed 'Parts.' I couldn't figure out in the context of the conversation why he needed pots.

I love a Boston accent, but people from Maine remind me of characters in a Stephen King novel...creepy.

DISCUSS.

Went there once or twice when I still lived in NY... seemed OK by me. Met a couple guys from Vermont though.. utter weirdos.

You guys do talk funny. I know a guy from Worchestershire or whatever (Mass),

Is Wisstah.

DISCUSS.

I been to every corner of this nation many times. I can assure you everyone's shit smells like shit. :)

As long as we can all agree that New Jersey should be left floating in the ocean, I think we will all get along fine. :)

-From a Virginian.

I have actually found the people of the deep south to be very nice people. When I was Driving truck a had a trainer, Black guy, from Mississippi. He told me, and I saw it for my own eyes driving around the country with him, that for some strange reason the most Racism and rudeness toward him we encountered was what he would call out west, and back east.

Simpsons08.jpg

CHOWDAH!​

DISCUSS.

I been to every corner of this nation many times. I can assure you everyone's shit smells like shit. :)

I'm not going to ask what you were doing trvaelling around the country smelling people's shit.

The New England countryside is almost perfect. Rolling foothills, swarthed in colour in the cooler months and excellent hunting. But the whole experience can be somewhat ruined by the significant number of uppity Irishmen that dwell in the coastal regions. There really is nothing more testing for a bona fide Englishman such as myself to encounter an Irishman on equal terms. Seriously, these taigs really don't know when to cease in their disrespectful cheek.

The yanks also have a good understanding of politics and the cause of the real problem in the nation formerly known as the USA.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjt_gV050ek]535 Employees From Hell - Guy From Boston - YouTube[/ame]

The New England countryside is almost perfect. Rolling foothills, swarthed in colour in the cooler months and excellent hunting. But the whole experience can be somewhat ruined by the significant number of uppity Irishmen that dwell in the coastal regions. There really is nothing more testing for a bona fide Englishman such as myself to encounter an Irishman on equal terms. Seriously, these taigs really don't know when to cease in their disrespectful cheek.

Why do they provoke such ire in you?

I love a Boston accent, but people from Maine remind me of characters in a Stephen King novel...creepy.

There are about 5 different "BOSTON" accents. They are as much socioeconomic accents as they are accents by neighborhood, I note.

Real America?

WEll figure it out kiddies.

Where did the concept of the United States start, and which part of the nation devoted itself to becoming an independent nation?

Here's a hint...it wasn't the midwest, the west or the South and the concept of the USA didn't start out in the COUNTY, either.

REAL AMERICA started out in Amnerica's first large cities -- Boston, Philadephia and New York.

You know...all those places you RED STATE CSA apologists imagine isn't the real America?

The REAL AMERICA is everything you crackers hate...it is multicultural (and it was back in 1776, too) liberal and URBAN.

Last edited:
As long as we can all agree that New Jersey should be left floating in the ocean, I think we will all get along fine. :)

-From a Virginian.

Sorry but I must disagree. Ever been to Cape May? Beautiful seaside town...and the fishing at the Delaware Water Gap is pretty spectacular.

New Jersey isn't all Newark, you know. ;)

-From a Californian

Forum List

Back