Hero Defends Shop With Unregistered Gun

Actually we don't know what the various New York towns and cities have as laws. We only know that NY State and NYC have different gun laws.

yeah, ok. Still shouldn't be that way.
I'm with ya.... But not sure if cities can make laws that supersede state laws. They might can, it's a city ordinance. Jillian, being the high-powered lawyer for over 20 years, might know.

doesn't make sense to me. do they pass laws about what religions are off limits, too?

The US Senate and the US House of Rep. have been breaking the law for decades by not enforcing the immigration law. Isn't it a law that they swear to uphold the law.. don't talk to me about citizens obeying the law when the congresscritters break the law every day. everybody say amen!

This post has nothing to do with the actual subject matter of the II Amendment.

does too.

yeah, ok. Still shouldn't be that way.
I'm with ya.... But not sure if cities can make laws that supersede state laws. They might can, it's a city ordinance. Jillian, being the high-powered lawyer for over 20 years, might know.

doesn't make sense to me. do they pass laws about what religions are off limits, too?
I don't know, it's a communist regime and I am not familiar with those.

Found this useful:

Firearm Laws for New York

Notice the chart:

QUICK REFERENCE CHART - Rifles and Shotguns, Handguns
  • Permit to Purchase - No*, Yes
  • Registration of Firearms - No*, Yes
  • Licensing of Owners - No*, Yes
  • Permit to Carry - No*, Yes
*Except in New York City

The state of New York does not require the registration of a shotgun, but the city of New York does. That is where New York City is FUBAR, and this old man can win this case easily because the city of New York does not have the legal right to pass gun legislation that is reserved for the States.
Does the state constitution allow for individual municipalities to address the issue?

lol re high powered.

I only know about gun laws because of my husband. Not an area of practice or of particular interest for me. ;)

Why do you think guns are even mentioned in the state constitution? I'm not sure they are. The laws have to comply with the Federal Constitution.

I don't know if the regs have been challenged since Heller or what the result will be if they are.

The state of New York does not require the registration of a shotgun, but the city of New York does. That is where New York City is FUBAR, and this old man can win this case easily because the city of New York does not have the legal right to pass gun legislation that is reserved for the States.
Does the state constitution allow for individual municipalities to address the issue?

No, and I request anyone to show me where there is a law that allows the municipalities to make laws regarding gun registration other than what the States' have the right to mandate. Here is some night reading for you who were busy smelling vaginas while in high school government class.
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/States'-rights+doctrine

Last edited:
Who cares if you think a law is unjust? If you think it's unjust, petiton your representatvies to change it.

You don't get to unilaterally decide what laws you observe and what laws you don't.

Nuremberg Laws?

Oh, right.

The goyim must obey the gun control laws passed by Chuck Schumer.

The Jews get to unilaterally decide elsewhere.

GUN CONTROL IS GOY CONTROL.

White man, ask yourself: are gun laws so genocidal and immoral that they are illegitimate and MUST be disobeyed?

Last edited:

No, and I request anyone to show me where there is a law that allows the municipalities to make laws regarding gun registration other than what the States' have the right to mandate. Here is some night reading for you who were busy smelling vaginas while in high school government class.
States'-rights doctrine definition of States'-rights doctrine in the Free Online Encyclopedia.

Under Article IV
"(c) In addition to powers granted in the statute of local governments or any other law, (i) every local government shall have power to adopt and amend local laws not inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution or any general law relating to its property, affairs or government and, (ii) every local government shall have power to adopt and amend local laws not inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution or any general law relating to the following subjects, whether or not they relate to the property, affairs or government of such local government, except to the extent that the legislature shall restrict the adoption of such a local law relating to other than the property, affairs or government of such local government:"

New York State Constitution

The sidewalk outside the Harlem store still was smeared with blood Friday, and the glass on the door still was blown out.

Above the entrance, someone had scribbled the words, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here."
Shopkeeper ‘didn’t want to shoot’ robbers - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Thank goodness this law abiding citizen had his gun to resist these criminals who attacked his employees and tried to rob his store.
I didn't read the thread but I have a few questions.

If the perps were armed, why didn't they shoot back?

Why weren't they charged with armed robbery instead of simple robbery?

The sidewalk outside the Harlem store still was smeared with blood Friday, and the glass on the door still was blown out.

Above the entrance, someone had scribbled the words, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

Thank goodness this law abiding citizen had his gun to resist these criminals who attacked his employees and tried to rob his store.

I don't know the answer to either question. My guess is they didn't shoot back because they were caught off-guard and panicked when he pulled out his gun and then started firing.

I don't know the answer to either question. My guess is they didn't shoot back because they were caught off-guard and panicked when he pulled out his gun and then started firing.
Maybe...but it sounds fishy to me. If there were four guys with guns against a 72 year old man...who managed to kill two of them...:doubt:

slow reaction time.

they're dead.

slow reaction time.

they're dead.
Oh...right...I'm sure that's it.

States'-rights doctrine definition of States'-rights doctrine in the Free Online Encyclopedia.

Under Article IV
"(c) In addition to powers granted in the statute of local governments or any other law, (i) every local government shall have power to adopt and amend local laws not inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution or any general law relating to its property, affairs or government and, (ii) every local government shall have power to adopt and amend local laws not inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution or any general law relating to the following subjects, whether or not they relate to the property, affairs or government of such local government, except to the extent that the legislature shall restrict the adoption of such a local law relating to other than the property, affairs or government of such local government:"

New York State Constitution
So that would be a yes?

Who cares if you think a law is unjust? If you think it's unjust, petiton your representatvies to change it.

You don't get to unilaterally decide what laws you observe and what laws you don't.

Nuremberg Laws?

Oh, right.

The goyim must obey the gun control laws passed by Chuck Schumer.

The Jews get to unilaterally decide elsewhere.

GUN CONTROL IS GOY CONTROL.

White man, ask yourself: are gun laws so genocidal and immoral that they are illegitimate and MUST be disobeyed?

Actually, KKK'er... I didn't take a position with respect to gun control.

I'm kind of sorry you've lost it...there used to be some semblance of intelligence in there....

Ok. I would like to know how gun control is a Jew/Gentile thing in Joyce's opinion. I'm assuming Chuck Schumer is Jewish, but as far as I know, he can't pass gun control laws on his own.

Whether or NOT this person violated the LAW? He defended LIFE, as a matter of Course (Life, Liberty, Property[Persuit Of Happiness])...

That being said? AS a Signatory, of the Constitution of The United States?

The Second Amendment, comes into play (and NO KIDS, NOT the Tenth)...

Gun LAWS are UnConstitutional, and therefore by that reckoning? The LAW must side upon the Second amendment, which trumps ANY gun law written by Any State.

For in my view? Un Constitutional, and the LAW must side with the ACT with that weapon, rather than the mere POSESSION of the weapon.

It's fairly simple, and I think the Founders, if alive today would SIDE with the so-called "PERP" because he was defending LIFE, as we are called to do against those that threaten it.

Enough said. I just have seen too much parsing here that makes me really ILL. Wake up people.

Last edited:
This thread has "somewhat" become a good discussion.

There are legal issues here that, although I'm sure they have been explored in the courts, aren't generally known. Such as, city ordinances trumping state laws.

It's interesting, trolls be damned!

Forum List

Back