Herman Cain Hit by Tax Lien in 2008

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Herman Cain Hit by Tax Lien in 2008
ABCNews ^ | 10/26/2011 | CINDY GALLI

Herman Cain Hit by Tax Lien - ABC News
Republican frontrunner Herman Cain, who has built his support among party activists with his anti-tax message and controversial 9-9-9 tax plan, has called the IRS an "overseer" and compared taxation to slavery.

"Our tax code is the 21st century version of slavery," says Cain in a recent campaign video. "In a Herman Cain administration, April 15 will no longer be a day to be dreaded."

Perhaps some of Cain's anti-tax fervor can be traced to his own past encounters with the taxman. According to documents obtained by ABC News, in February 2008, the Georgia Department of Revenue hit Cain and his wife Gloria with a lien for $8558.46 in unpaid personal income taxes from 2006.

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

hmmm:eusa_whistle:

cain-koch-no.jpg

Gosh what a cute picture - THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC.

maybe the OP should have posted this part of their link too?

Cain's campaign was quick to point out to ABC News that Cain was undergoing treatment for Stage 4 cancer in 2006. A Cain spokesman said that due to his illness, Cain had requested -- and was granted -- a six-month extension of his federal taxes and had requested the same from the state, which Georgia allows.

Nevertheless, the state sent a delinquency notice to Cain in late 2007 and filed the lien in early 2008. Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon said Cain's accountant had protested the delinquency to no avail.

"Mr. Cain responded in a timely manner to the delinquency notice sent by the Georgia Department of Revenue but was unable to stop the process that ultimately led to the filing of the tax lien," said Gordon. Documents show the lien was removed in November 2008.

Cain's campaign was quick to point out to ABC News that Cain was undergoing treatment for Stage 4 cancer in 2006. A Cain spokesman said that due to his illness, Cain had requested -- and was granted -- a six-month extension of his federal taxes and had requested the same from the state, which Georgia allows.

Nevertheless, the state sent a delinquency notice to Cain in late 2007 and filed the lien in early 2008. Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon said Cain's accountant had protested the delinquency to no avail.

"Mr. Cain responded in a timely manner to the delinquency notice sent by the Georgia Department of Revenue but was unable to stop the process that ultimately led to the filing of the tax lien," said Gordon. Documents show the lien was removed in November 2008.

So he underwent cancer treatments in 2006 till 2008?
I am not sure how that figures in?

"Filed a 6 month extension" Dates do not add up right.

And I respect the hell out of the fact he survived cancer and all, but do we really want a cancer survivor in the most stressful job in the world?

I kind of like Cain, but he isn't presidential. His popularity is based on the fact that the regular party establishment figures are so boring and awful.

where were your questions for barry soetoro? and why is Cain hold to a higher standard than barry soetoro the man child?

And I respect the hell out of the fact he survived cancer and all, but do we really want a cancer survivor in the most stressful job in the world?

I kind of like Cain, but he isn't presidential. His popularity is based on the fact that the regular party establishment figures are so boring and awful.

Then punt or give up..your malaise for perfection isn't going help to vote..then if it is... you might go to der grave without voting

Well Cain should contact half the Congresscritters in the Democrat party to find out how to fix this kind of problem..

Amazing what the lamestream media CAN dig up when THEY want to, eh?

Last edited:

where were your questions for barry soetoro? and why is Cain hold to a higher standard than barry soetoro the man child?

My question for Obama?

Why are you like Bush?

And my question for you is why are you lowering the standards of your candidate to those of Obama?

cancer treatment in 2006, taxes for which are due April 15th, 2007. Filed for an extension, which would have given him until October 15th, 2007. Delinquency notice was sent in late 2007. Lien was filed in early 2008, and removed in November 2008.

Sounds like a fairly reasonable timeline for someone who was in that situation. He did exactly what anyone else would do... stretched it out as long as he could to get the money together, then paid. I'd have probably done things the same way if it had been me.

Nothing really horrific or campaign ending here, IMHO. BTW, I'm not a Cain supporter and probably would not vote for him.

Just speculating here....

Records were not kept well in 2006 due to Cancer consuming his time and focus. Taxes due in April 2007. Automatic extension filed and granted until October 2007, probably focused on putting things back together moving forward. Second extension filed in October 2007 and granted at the federal level. CPA probably assumed the state would grant it also, put off 2006 figuring they had until April 2008.

Automated process generates a tax lien in February 2008 for an estimated amount, gets cleared up and removed in November 2008. Notice it doesn't say that the lien was satisfied, it says that the lien was removed. That means the lien had no basis.

The same procedure (minus the cancer part) happened to me. Georgia "had no record" of receiving my second extension request and sent a lien notification (dated February 21, 2006 but I didn't receive it until June 3, 2006). I sent them my copy of the extension request with the USPS return receipt tracking number on it and the lien was removed in on December 10, 2006. I was notified of this on January 14, 2007.

Just speculating here....

Records were not kept well in 2006 due to Cancer consuming his time and focus. Taxes due in April 2007. Automatic extension filed and granted until October 2007, probably focused on putting things back together moving forward. Second extension filed in October 2007 and granted at the federal level. CPA probably assumed the state would grant it also, put off 2006 figuring they had until April 2008.

Automated process generates a tax lien in February 2008 for an estimated amount, gets cleared up and removed in November 2008. Notice it doesn't say that the lien was satisfied, it says that the lien was removed. That means the lien had no basis.

The same procedure (minus the cancer part) happened to me. Georgia "had no record" of receiving my second extension request and sent a lien notification (dated February 21, 2006 but I didn't receive it until June 3, 2006). I sent them my copy of the extension request with the USPS return receipt tracking number on it and the lien was removed in on December 10, 2006. I was notified of this on January 14, 2007.

Like I said... nothing really to see here.

Forum List

Back