Georgia canceled Cain's tax lien due to STATE system errors!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Isn't it a shame headlines like "Cain's Tax Liens" are NEVER substantiated..
"I heard or "i read"... starts the whispers..
but then the WHOLE story comes out!

Once again racism and hatred for cancer victims raises it's ugly head!

"In an emailed statement, Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon noted that Cain was being treated for cancer at the time and that Cain had requested a six-month extension on his federal tax return, pushing the deadline back from April 15 to Oct. 15, 2007. Cain got a notice from the state dated Oct. 23, 2007, which he forwarded to his accountant about a week later, Gordon said.
State records indicate that the lien was canceled on Dec. 8, 2008,

"The entire process is driven by automated letters generated in response to deadlines. Mr. Cain responded in a timely manner to the delinquency notice sent by the Georgia Department of revenue but was unable to stop the process that ultimately led to the filing of the tax lien.”
Cain had Georgia tax lien from 2006  | ajc.com

Isn't it a shame headlines like "Cain's Tax Liens" are NEVER substantiated..
"I heard or "i read"... starts the whispers..
but then the WHOLE story comes out!

Once again racism and hatred for cancer victims raises it's ugly head!

"In an emailed statement, Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon noted that Cain was being treated for cancer at the time and that Cain had requested a six-month extension on his federal tax return, pushing the deadline back from April 15 to Oct. 15, 2007. Cain got a notice from the state dated Oct. 23, 2007, which he forwarded to his accountant about a week later, Gordon said.
State records indicate that the lien was canceled on Dec. 8, 2008,

"The entire process is driven by automated letters generated in response to deadlines. Mr. Cain responded in a timely manner to the delinquency notice sent by the Georgia Department of revenue but was unable to stop the process that ultimately led to the filing of the tax lien.”
Cain had Georgia tax lien from 2006 *| ajc.com
They gave him a six month extension and he still didn't pay what he owed and he's whining that they noticed?

What a fucking turd.

btw, your title is a lie. His lien was cancelled because he finally paid what he owed. I wonder if he paid the penalties.....good question for someone to ask.

Negged for lying.

Not seeing the big scandal here, as Cain did pay the tax, and the state admitted that the bureaucracy was the problem.

I do think that the libs are kind of terrified of Cain. I mean, a charismatic black guy running for president? That's their schtickle. How dare the Republicans copy our formula?

I'm still neutral on Cain, by the way. If it comes down to Cain vs. Romney or Cain vs. Obama, I'd vote for Cain. I'm not sure if he's up to it yet, and I have reservations about the impracticality of 999 and his health issues.

But he seems like a pretty okay guy to me.

Forum List

Back