Here’s What You Should Think About Before Getting Out Of The Military

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
reenlistment-840x420.jpg

Many enter the military to gain special skills and experience with an idea of looking for the time when they get out and join the civilian workforce. Some just enter for the security of getting “three hots and a cot,” as the saying goes. They get so used to that paycheck on the 15th and last day of each month, that they continue to sign the papers and swear the oath to stay in.

This article deals with ways to take a look at this.

When it comes to deciding whether to leave the military or to make it a career, too many folks just wait until their current contract expires and say, “Oh shit. I have to get a real job now.” Others just robotically keep signing papers every few years, sleepwalking from tour to tour until they’ve ended up having a military career without ever consciously deciding to.

After all the military does to get you to join, it’s usually ambivalent about whether you stay or not. That’s unfortunate, because that decision is at least as important as the decision to join. In your early twenties, if your four years or so in the military didn’t work out, you can just chalk it up as a shitty first job. But for those with 8 to 12 years in, deciding whether or not to spend a substantial portion of your adult life in the military by making it a career is a more substantial decision.

Unless you have a leader really looking out for you who cares about your well being, you’re pretty much on your own on this.

Much more @ Here's What You Should Think About Before Getting Out Of The Military

When it looked like we were going to have a criminally insane globalist sociopath commie hag and collapse the country or the world's richest professional clown (who I did not believe would win or do as well as he is) as CINC I didn't wait.

I'd have to do 11 more years anyway, I've had enough of the shit show. It was time to get out.

Forum List

Back