Cruz actually confused on how Senate voting works.

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Cruz: I Voted No on Lynch By Not Showing Up to Vote

Teatard Cruz is at it again....

Shame on Texas for sending such a dildo to the U.S. Senate.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, a declared presidential candidate, has a new defense for missing Attorney General Loretta Lynch's confirmation vote last week. According to Cruz, not voting was the same as voting "no."

"I voted twice against Loretta Lynch being confirmed. There was no significance to the final vote. And I had a scheduling conflict. Under the Senate rules, absence is the equivalent of a 'no' vote. It is identical procedurally,"Cruz told reporters on Capitol Hill Thursday.

In fact, missing a confirmation vote isn't the same as voting "no," and could affect the outcome. And Senate rules don't say otherwise.

Cruz's office has insisted all along that the procedural "cloture" vote on Lynch's nomination last week was the one that mattered, and Cruz opposed that. He then became the only senator to miss the final vote, despite having delivered a floor speech earlier in the day railing against Lynch.

His office didn't explain why he missed the final vote, although Cruz was expected that evening at a fundraiser in Texas.

Ass clown.

I don't get why he's a dildo for not showing up that day. If he had shown up and voted against her, would that have changed the outcome? He understood that enough Republicans were going to vote to confirm someone who he believes to be too extreme an ideologue for the office of Attorney General that his presence wasn't going to change the situation, and his method of showing his disdain for the party members that rolled over was to wash his hands of the whole thing. It's a pretty run-of-the-mill demonstration technique, really.

And, in this case, it was, in effect, the same as voting no. It made no difference, just like his no vote would have made no difference. I'm not seeing why this is worthy of news or even commentary.

I don't get why he's a dildo for not showing up that day. If he had shown up and voted against her, would that have changed the outcome? He understood that enough Republicans were going to vote to confirm someone who he believes to be too extreme an ideologue for the office of Attorney General that his presence wasn't going to change the situation, and his method of showing his disdain for the party members that rolled over was to wash his hands of the whole thing. It's a pretty run-of-the-mill demonstration technique, really.

And, in this case, it was, in effect, the same as voting no. It made no difference, just like his no vote would have made no difference. I'm not seeing why this is worthy of news or even commentary.
Because he swore something like 2 hours before the vote that he'd be there and he'd most certainly vote against her.

Because he swore something like 2 hours before the vote that he'd be there and he'd most certainly vote against her.

Okay, wasn't aware of that.

Cruz cast half a vote in favor of Lynch

Maybe he really wanted Holder

Cruz cast half a vote in favor of Lynch

Maybe he really wanted Holder

Considering that both of these AG's are essentially ideologues who will "find" legal justification for any method the president uses to further their shared agenda, choosing between Holder and Lynch would be like choosing between Left Twix and Right Twix.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, a declared presidential candidate, has a new defense for missing Attorney General Loretta Lynch's confirmation vote last week. According to Cruz, not voting was the same as voting "no."

"I voted twice against Loretta Lynch being confirmed. There was no significance to the final vote. And I had a scheduling conflict. Under the Senate rules, absence is the equivalent of a 'no' vote. It is identical procedurally,"Cruz told reporters on Capitol Hill Thursday.

In fact, missing a confirmation vote isn't the same as voting "no," and could affect the outcome. And Senate rules don't say otherwise.

Cruz's office has insisted all along that the procedural "cloture" vote on Lynch's nomination last week was the one that mattered, and Cruz opposed that. He then became the only senator to miss the final vote, despite having delivered a floor speech earlier in the day railing against Lynch.

His office didn't explain why he missed the final vote, although Cruz was expected that evening at a fundraiser in Texas.

Ass clown.

Being a whiny little bitch today, aren't you. If that's all you got you might want to
check with media matters for new talking points.

Ass clown.

It went right over your head dumbfuck! Cruz is a great and honorable man. He is right to oppose Lynch. She is a disaster and will even make holder look good! She sucks that bad.

Besides, congress is forgetting what they are there for since Obama is doing his best to cut them out of the process. If anyone is confused about how things work, that would be Obama and the Dems. The way they shoved Obamacare through was sleazy.

Yea, Cruz couldn't have changed the outcome so it would have been pointless.

Ass clown.

It went right over your head dumbfuck! Cruz is a great and honorable man. He is right to oppose Lynch. She is a disaster and will even make holder look good! She sucks that bad.

Cruz is a sideshow clown

Ass clown.
Where are the indictments?

For someone touted as a Constitutional scholar by Republicans, Cruz has proved to be inept as a Senator

- Forced a Government shutdown with no exit strategy. Obama humiliated Republicans as he forced them to back down
- Childlike "Green eggs and ham" speech in a useless filibuster
- Forced the Senate to open on a Saturday for a vote on Obama's immigration policy which allowed the Democrats to push through 20 confirmation votes ready to expire
- Railed against the confirmation of Lynch, then skipped the vote

For someone touted as a Constitutional scholar by Republicans, Cruz has proved to be inept as a Senator

- Forced a Government shutdown with no exit strategy. Obama humiliated Republicans as he forced them to back down
- Forced the Senate to open on a Saturday for a vote on Obama's immigration policy which allowed the Democrats to push through 20 confirmation votes ready to expire

Childlike Green eggs and ham?
He was reading it to his two girls.
It's better than what a Dem did during a filibuster by reading the phone book.

The Cruz "filibuster" was a humiliating attempt at attention whoring that had nothing to do with Senate rules

Cruz is more concerned with building his own brand among conservatives than actually serving as Senator

Cruz's Senate maneuverings have proven to be the inept sideshows of a Freshman Senator

If he is this inept as a Senator, why should he be trusted as President?

The Cruz "filibuster" was a humiliating attempt at attention whoring that had nothing to do with Senate rules

Cruz is more concerned with building his own brand among conservatives than actually serving as Senator

Of course it had nothing to do with the Senate rules.
It was about being against the new Health Care Act,passed by Democrats only and 55% of the people who were against it.

Do we want a guy who doesn't understand the simplest rules as our President? The Constitution is a little more complicated than Senate absentee rules.

Forum List

Back