Here's how Karma Works

So I'm on the way home from driving 250 miles for the sole purpose of doing a favor for a friend in her absence. I stop in at Trader Joe's to get a couple of things. I try to keep it minimal because it's not a great time to be spending money. Put my $24 worth of groceries down and the cashier says, "this is your lucky day".

"How so?"

"My last customer bought a $40 gift card and instructed me to treat the next person in line. So that's you."

:thanks:

Seems somebody did something nice for her so she paid-forward a $40 gift, to be bestowed upon a random stranger named "whoever". I never even met her.

I'll be passing something similar on soon.

This is what happens when you do nice things only because they are nice things.
Go put some love out, get something started.
I was in line at an ice cream parlor yesterday. I got a child's size ice cream cone and while waiting to pay at the cash register the guy in front of me told the cashier, I'm buying hers too! And he did! I said Thank you! God bless you! I told my husband about it and he said, God blessed you! I said I know! The next time I am out I will find someone to bless in some way. I love your story, Pogo, but I believe it was a sign of God's love for you. There are no accidents with God. It's all divine providence. You were the one He wanted to bless. How wonderful is that? It hasn't escaped my attention that you have done these kind of things before - helping out people who need it. You are a kind person. I like that about you.

Yanno --- at some point we have to stop blaming (or crediting) "God" and take responsibility for ourselves. There wasn't any "God" involved --- a human being, on her own, decided to do something nice for some random next person. She did that because, from what I was told by the cashier, somebody else had done something nice for her. I was the lucky recipient, and I shall do the same for someone else, for the same reason. It's an endless game of "pass it on".

There's nothing in the world wrong with crediting humans when we do something good. Just as there's no reason to shirk responsibility with "God (or the devil) made me do it" when we do something bad. The positive, which we have here, reaffirms our faith in -- not a "god" but human nature. And that's sorely needed.

Thank you for your kind words. You have a warm heart. And I believe you have that out of your own choice. Take credit for it. :)

So I'm on the way home from driving 250 miles for the sole purpose of doing a favor for a friend in her absence. I stop in at Trader Joe's to get a couple of things. I try to keep it minimal because it's not a great time to be spending money. Put my $24 worth of groceries down and the cashier says, "this is your lucky day".

"How so?"

"My last customer bought a $40 gift card and instructed me to treat the next person in line. So that's you."

Seems somebody did something nice for her so she paid-forward a $40 gift, to be bestowed upon a random stranger named "whoever". I never even met her.

Well, damn. Friday morning it rained. I biked to work. I was soaked. I got a flat tire had to walk a couple of miles. I lost my wallet and drivers's license to boot as well as my glasses. Dude, you stole my Karma. I want it back.

Well, clearly you're an evil person! Karma says so!

"How so?"

I was in line at an ice cream parlor yesterday. I got a child's size ice cream cone and while waiting to pay at the cash register the guy in front of me told the cashier, I'm buying hers too! And he did! I said Thank you! God bless you! I told my husband about it and he said, God blessed you! I said I know! The next time I am out I will find someone to bless in some way. I love your story, Pogo, but I believe it was a sign of God's love for you. There are no accidents with God. It's all divine providence. You were the one He wanted to bless. How wonderful is that? It hasn't escaped my attention that you have done these kind of things before - helping out people who need it. You are a kind person. I like that about you.

Yanno --- at some point we have to stop blaming (or crediting) "God" and take responsibility for ourselves. There wasn't any "God" involved --- a human being, on her own, decided to do something nice for some random next person. She did that because, from what I was told by the cashier, somebody else had done something nice for her. I was the lucky recipient, and I shall do the same for someone else, for the same reason. It's an endless game of "pass it on".

There's nothing in the world wrong with crediting humans when we do something good. Just as there's no reason to shirk responsibility with "God (or the devil) made me do it" when we do something bad. The positive, which we have here, reaffirms our faith in -- not a "god" but human nature. And that's sorely needed.
I do praise the kind act of the person who paid the cashier that extra money but I believe it was divine providence that you were the recipient. I also thanked the person who bought my ice cream cone and asked God to bless him (publicly of course - I'm always happy to mention God's name anywhere). But I also see God's hand in it because He likes to surprise me. He's just too wonderful for words. My 2 cents.

"How so?"

I do praise the kind act of the person who paid the cashier that extra money but I believe it was divine providence that you were the recipient. I also thanked the person who bought my ice cream cone and asked God to bless him (publicly of course - I'm always happy to mention God's name anywhere). But I also see God's hand in it because He likes to surprise me. He's just too wonderful for words. My 2 cents.

GOD Works through Karma as He Works through all Spiritual Laws in the Universe. :)

"How so?"

Well, damn. Friday morning it rained. I biked to work. I was soaked. I got a flat tire had to walk a couple of miles. I lost my wallet and drivers's license to boot as well as my glasses. Dude, you stole my Karma. I want it back.

Well, clearly you're an evil person! Karma says so!
I don't believe in karma but I do believe that when God has his hand on someone's life he stretches their faith through trials of various sorts. When I read it my very first impression was wow! God has his hand on Mary's life and is doing something here! Which means He loves her and He is involved in her life. King David mentions something about this in the Psalms. Hold on, I'll go find it. Okay I found it. Read this! This is Psalm 73 written by King David:
Psalm 73 King James Version (KJV)

73 Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.

3 For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4 For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.

5 They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.

6 Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.

7 Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.

8 They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.

9 They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.

10 Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.

11 And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?

12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.

13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.

14 For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.

15 If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.

16 When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;

17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

18 Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.

19 How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.

20 As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

21 Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.

22 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

27 For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.

28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

"How so?"

How about you pass on the gift of not hijacking threads, deuche.

"How so?"

GOD Works through Karma as He Works through all Spiritual Laws in the Universe. :)

Jeremiah is a bit loony; but she's right. Karma is not really a thing if you believe in God. It's basically something that godless people made up. Those that aren't especially overtly Christian go along with it since it does sort of describe good vibes or something otherwise worthy of retribution; but karma is not an actual force whatsoever. It's sort of morphed into non-preachy and/or secular people's way of motivation. If I use karma, it's tongue and cheek or just to avoid a overly heavy spiritual explanation. But if you're Christian, you know that all good things are of God as the scripture goes.

"How so?"

Jeremiah is a bit loony; but she's right. Karma is not really a thing if you believe in God. It's basically something that godless people made up. Those that aren't especially overtly Christian go along with it since it does sort of describe good vibes or worthy retribution; but karma is not an actual force whatsoever. It's sort of morphed into non-preachy and secular people's way of motivation. If I use karma, it's tongue and cheek or just to avoid a overly heavy spiritual explanation. But if you're Christian, you know that all good things are of God as the scripture goes.

Don't agree.

Karma is a very real spiritual Law in the Universe.

Jeremiah is a bit loony; but she's right. Karma is not really a thing if you believe in God. It's basically something that godless people made up. Those that aren't especially overtly Christian go along with it since it does sort of describe good vibes or worthy retribution; but karma is not an actual force whatsoever. It's sort of morphed into non-preachy and secular people's way of motivation. If I use karma, it's tongue and cheek or just to avoid a overly heavy spiritual explanation. But if you're Christian, you know that all good things are of God as the scripture goes.

Don't agree.

Karma is not a biblical concept whatsoever. At best, you're saying God's law got renamed.

Don't agree.

Karma is not a biblical concept whatsoever.

I don't care.

Karma is real.

My opinion.

Don't agree.

I don't care.

Karma is real.

My opinion.

Not really. There are plenty of murderers living the life right now. And karma sure as fuck and ain't coming for them.

Don't agree.

I don't care.

Karma is real.

My opinion.
You will often find that the wicked get away with things over and over again and it looks as if no one is holding them accountable. Look at Obama. Look at Hillary. Look at John and Tony Podesta. . But you see, God is still on the throne and he knows there day is coming. They will stand before the Judgment Seat of God for what they have done. That is what Psalm 73 is all about. Though the wicked appear to be getting away with murder (quite literally in some cases) there is a day coming in which they must stand before God.

Don't agree.

I don't care.

Karma is real.

My opinion.

Not really. There are plenty of murderers living the life right now. And karma sure as fuck and ain't coming for them.

Sometimes Karma can be almost instant, other times it may take longer.....you go and steal the wallet of somebody and see what happens to you next.... you might have your house broken in..... or similar tragic events happen to you ... now ...tomorrow ...next year.....but it will happen.

That's the Law of Karma.

If I believed I deserved all the bad things that ever happened to me, I'd probably have killed myself by now.

Don't agree.

I don't care.

Karma is real.

My opinion.

Sometimes Karma can be almost instant, other times it may take longer.....you go and steal the wallet of somebody and see what happens to you next.... you might have your house broken in..... or similar tragic events happen to you ... now ...tomorrow ...next year.....but it will happen.

That's the Law of Karma.

Or you can swindle Americans for millions and live the life as many do. Karma ain't coming for them. Like Jeremiah says, Christianity has a judgment awaiting the unrepentant in another life; but that's not karma. And while you're right that people often reap what they sew, that's not karma either. That's just basic mathematical probabilities.

Don't agree.

I don't care.

Karma is real.

My opinion.

That's the Law of Karma.

Or you can swindle Americans for millions and live the life as many do. Karma ain't coming for them. Like Jeremiah says, Christianity has a judgment awaiting the unrepentant in another life; but that's not karma. And while you're right that people often reap what they sew, that's not karma either. That's just basic mathematical probabilities.

I do understand what you are saying. You can call it " just basic mathematical probabilities.".. you can call it Karma..... we are talking semantics here....just words

But it's there ....it's a Spiritual Law that takes place without failing

Again,my opinion.:)

I don't care.

Karma is real.

My opinion.

That's the Law of Karma.

I do understand what you are saying. You can call it " just basic mathematical probabilities.".. you can call it Karma..... we are talking semantics here....just words

But it's there ....it's a Spiritual Law that takes place without failing

Again,my opinion.:)

I'd call it more a spiritual quasi-reality than a law. Plenty of assholes are living it up and plenty of good people are tread upon.

Karma is the belief that if you do harm to others then harm will be done to you, either in this life or the next one or on judgement day depending on your religious beliefs. Another way of saying what goes around comes around. Some people literally get away with murder and all sorts of mayhem and wrongdoing in this life. Karma is the blief that sooner or later they're going to pay for their misdeeds.

I remember hearing the story of a woman who lost her faith when a nun said, about a girl who got run over by a car, "She must have done some terrible sin to have that happen to her."

Jesus was quite clear that karma is not the way the universe works. Luke 13:4-5.

Forum List

Back