Here's a good example of a "liberal" press

I don't care what either say - to be honest, but the different dynamic is this:

If Rush says distasteful things, one is almost forced to disassociate their Company's image from him - EVEN IF THEY AGREE WITH HIM; whereas for Maher the end user (Customer) is he/she who would have to drop their subscription, and apparently most people don't give a fuck what an HBO comedian has to say about Sarah Palin.
True G.T., still, calling Fluke was going to draw criticism. She is not a candidate for office as Palin has been, but Mayer was WRONG, WRONG WRONG. HE needs to sick to comedy.

I don't think he was wrong. Comedians are successful *usually* via being provacative. Public figures have been subject to the wrath of comedians for yeeeears, that's a part of the whole being famous process - you open yourself up to distasteful comedians.

I love this pathetic attempt to conflate the two issues. Rush Limbaugh went on a three day attack of Ms. Fluke. It wasn't just the singular slip of the tongue "slut" everyone is making it out to be. It was 9 hours of attacking the woman. He attacked her parents and accused her of using condoms at the age of 12 among other things.

On the subject of Rush Limbaugh....What repercussions did Bill Maher suffer for calling Sarah Palin the "C-word". Where is the outrage by the media? I don't remember the President admonishing him for that. Maybe I missed that.

Palin was going around the country making sure that everyone thought Obama was a muslim radical who palled around with terrorists..

And if Maher's advertisers were mad at him..like they were once before (Guess you don't remember "Politically Incorrect" where he was bounced for speaking out against the American projection of power overseas) when he was bounced, they would have done it again.

And I don't remember this reaction from the right when Obama mentioned Kanye West when he was being an idiot at the MTV awards. Or when Clearcom stopped playing Dixie Chick's songs.

Last edited:
What repercussions did Bill Maher suffer for calling Sarah Palin the "C-word". Where is the outrage by the media? I don't remember the President admonishing him for that. Maybe I missed that.

Because he's really "just an entertainer".

So is Limbaugh. He's simply a radio personality. Yet, the commies go after him pitch fork and torch because he made statements. Now they want him off the air because free speech is only good when you agree with progressive ideology (communism). Otherwise, the voice must be silenced.

He absolutely is not. He's like Grover Norquist. An unelected policy maker.

I love this pathetic attempt to conflate the two issues. Rush Limbaugh went on a three day attack of Ms. Fluke. It wasn't just the singular slip of the tongue "slut" everyone is making it out to be. It was 9 hours of attacking the woman. He attacked her parents and accused her of using condoms at the age of 12 among other things.

And the left, Obermann, Maddow, Schultz, Mathews, etc. attacked Palin for a year. And still do.

Because he's really "just an entertainer".

So is Limbaugh. He's simply a radio personality. Yet, the commies go after him pitch fork and torch because he made statements. Now they want him off the air because free speech is only good when you agree with progressive ideology (communism). Otherwise, the voice must be silenced.

He absolutely is not. He's like Grover Norquist. An unelected policy maker.

Yes, he is. He is not a politician. He is not running to be one. He is not a MSM talking head. He's a nut job on a radio show. No different than Mahar or a host of other enterainers. The left just want to inflate this into being worthy of political discourse because that is how they roll. Progressives are fucking crybabies plain and simple.

And the left, Obermann, Maddow, Schultz, Mathews, etc. attacked Palin for a year. And still do.

Thank you for another pathetic example of conflating the issues.

Limbaugh Launched 46 Personal Attacks On Fluke; He Apologized For Two Words

On the subject of Rush Limbaugh....What repercussions did Bill Maher suffer for calling Sarah Palin the "C-word". Where is the outrage by the media? I don't remember the President admonishing him for that. Maybe I missed that.

you appear to pose a lot of yes/no situations on political forums such as this. why is that?

:eusa_whistle:

Thank you for another pathetic example of conflating the issues.

Limbaugh Launched 46 Personal Attacks On Fluke; He Apologized For Two Words

Conflating the issues=showing valid comparison.

The Left feels they can insult women, blacks etc etc because they are the true representatives of women and blacks etc.
The double standard here is atrocious.

The Rush swineherd cannot understand why people are upset.

The Rush swineherd cannot understand why Limbaugh's hours of character assassination of a private citizen isn't remotely like a single word attack on a public figure.

The Rush swineherd's feelings are hurt.

The dominant boar of this herd of human swine is under attack.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdKlpBOvs0"]The Beatles - Piggies - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The Left feels they can insult women,...

really? you divine this how? :cuckoo:

By watching them do it with no protest. Or did you miss the Clinton presidency?

Clinton having sex with a consenting adult was insulting to women?

hmmm, I would think the vociferous attacks by conservative haters like you, on Hillary and other Democratic women, is insulting to women.

Bill Clinton's policies were never insulting to women. His personal life was as bad as the lives of many of the Republicans who went after him.

Heck, even GOP conservative women...

Helen Chenoweth... "...was a critic of President Bill Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal and was one of the first to call for his resignation over the affair, although she admitted that she had carried on a six-year illicit romance with married rancher Vernon Ravenscroft, when she worked for his natural-resources consulting firm during the 1980s. Chenoweth claimed that her case was different from the Clinton/Lewinsky case since she was a private citizen at the time, and claimed her case was different because "I've asked for God's forgiveness, and I've received it."

Helen Chenoweth-Hage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

really? you divine this how? :cuckoo:

hmmm, I would think the vociferous attacks by conservative haters like you, on Hillary and other Democratic women, is insulting to women.

Bill Clinton's policies were never insulting to women. His personal life was as bad as the lives of many of the Republicans who went after him.

Helen Chenoweth... "...was a critic of President Bill Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal and was one of the first to call for his resignation over the affair, although she admitted that she had carried on a six-year illicit romance with married rancher Vernon Ravenscroft, when she worked for his natural-resources consulting firm during the 1980s. Chenoweth claimed that her case was different from the Clinton/Lewinsky case since she was a private citizen at the time, and claimed her case was different because "I've asked for God's forgiveness, and I've received it."

Yes Clinton having sex with a subordinate would have gotten him fired in every other business situation. See, Stonecipher, Harry. There is ample evidence Clinton was a serial predator of women and coerced those under his power into sex.
His unwavering support by professional feminist groups stripped them of any legitimacy whatsoever.

Yes Clinton having sex with a subordinate would have gotten him fired in every other business situation. See, Stonecipher, Harry. There is ample evidence Clinton was a serial predator of women and coerced those under his power into sex.

His unwavering support by professional feminist groups stripped them of any legitimacy whatsoever.

not true. bosses have affairs with coworkers ALL the time. you need to get out more often. :lol:

Paula Jones was coerced into a room with Clinton? :eusa_whistle:

Monica chased after Clinton and kept a cum-stained dress.

Clinton had/has some issues with sex and intimacy. No problem I care about, as long as he isn't a religious hypocrite about it.

never heard him campaign on the right wing families values shit like Newt, and others...

Helen Chenoweth..." was a critic of President Bill Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal and was one of the first to call for his resignation over the affair, although she admitted that she had carried on a six-year illicit romance with married rancher Vernon Ravenscroft, when she worked for his natural-resources consulting firm during the 1980s. Chenoweth claimed that her case was different from the Clinton/Lewinsky case since she was a private citizen at the time, and claimed her case was different because "I've asked for God's forgiveness, and I've received it."

Why would it be the duty of a president to tell off a comedian for getting carried away?

Why did the President say something about Rush then? Rush is "just an entertainer" too like Maher. Rush isn't a elected official. You lefties are something else. :rolleyes:

We lefties?

I'm not sure even if Obama spoke out about the Limbaugh/Fluke thing...what did he say?

He personally called Fluke like the dummy he is.

Maybe it was to invite Fluke over for a beer with Rush??

Forum List

Back