Here comes California to save the day

California politics and government

January 11, 2012

Read more here: Capitol Alert: California slips to No. 9 in worldwide economic rankings

Now nearly a full year later this source is saying that things are improving in cali and since that date they say we are 7th

To show you the date on that info was old

That was from 2011 numbers, we don't have the 2012 numbers yet, because we still are in 2012. The numbers from Jan. 2012 are the most current we can use, therefore, the most up to date available.
I have no idea where your source got the numbers.....and neither do you. He was opining his opinion and also opined on where Ca. was ranked, he has no proof.

does that matter?.....im just asking for "Truth"......she is about ready to run and go start a new thread titled......"Why does the Right HATE California?".....

As much as I would like to believe this (since CA is so important to the American economy), I don't buy it.

CA still has:
(1) One of the high REAL unemployment rates in the country
(2) They have a unfunded pension problem and like all liberal states south of WI, they are not fixing them
(3) They cheer about a projected budget deficit! That is like cheering for a your team to lose by a just a field-goal. However, these projects are misleading. They are based off a certain about of growth, that may or may not (or won't hit). The growth projects are significant if (or better) when they don't hit it that deficit project goes way up.
(4) Still rated worst schools in the country.
(5) Hospitals are having a harder time remaining the black.
(6) Flight from CA is still extremely high.
(7) Illegal immigration is bankrupting the hospitals, schools and social services, the problems aren't getting dealt with so the problem keep growing.
(8) Still ranked top 3 worst place to start or do. Whenever a large corp talks about opening a new plant, relocating or moving HQ the usually suspects are named: OH, TX, IN, NC, TN etc you never hear CA (they're not even considered).
(9) Cost of Living is still INSANE in CA. You have to make north of $150K to be considered middle class! Food, gas, utilities, property, taxes etc are all higher and out of control!
(10) Welfare and entitlement spending is still out of control with no chance of getting reduced.

CA has so many problems, the article you posted it pastes a rosey picture that is far from reality!

.like those Economist i mentioned said......if California does not change how they govern .....5 years from now.....back to square one.....

I think it takes an ignorant jerk to not include employment as an idicator unless that jerk is trying to hide something. SF metro area is ranked 229 out of 372 with an unemployment of 7.7%. Doesn't sound very robust to me....just better than most of the areas in the state.
Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas

Orange County right now has a lot of Construction going on.....but still 10% unemployment....and its supposed to be doing better than most of the State.....

Well if construction in your state is anything like in mine it means the illegals are gainfully employed but Americans not so much.

like i said OC still is at 10%......

It wasn't but just a week ago all the reports coming out of Cali
was that those people were fucked the State was in such bad shape....
Now all of a sudden some one comes up with a report that in a few weeks
they turned it all around....

I call it....:blahblah::bsflag:

You Libs should take a page from the Susan Rice debacle and wait until
you guys got the story right...don't jump the gun...

Well Splatters if you wish to believe Cali is doing great then knock yourself out.

You'll learn how bad it is before you know it.

I know your gonna have a blast. LOL

I gave proof and facts to back my assertions.

You gave nothing but insult to back yours.

You have never been proven correct on any prediction Ive seen you make.

Why would anyone put any credence on your words?

Hey. The proof is in the putting.

Get back to us in two or three years and let us know just how great you and Cali are doing.

As long as they keep electing Dems to run things Cali is a gonner.

California has not turned a corner. The economy in California is dismal, moving to bleak. We have a government that is intent on moving all business out of the state. Having run out of major industry to regulate, the state is now concentrating on small businesses.

California can't fix it's potholes! Cities are so bad off that after they pay the city workers double what the residents make, there's no money left over to buy asphalt.

Forum List

Back