Here comes California to save the day

As of September 12, 2012

The task force estimated that the burden of debt totaled at least $167 billion and as much as $335 billion. Its members warned that the off-the-books debts tended to grow over time, so that even if Mr. Brown should succeed in pushing through his tax increase, gaining an additional $50 billion over the next seven years, the wall of debt would still be there, casting its shadow over the state.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/21/us/california-debt-higher-than-earlier-estimates.html?_r=0

and ole Jerry....

A spokesman for Governor Brown did not dispute the report but said the governor was making progress in his effort to restore fiscal balance

You become a bigger moron everyday truth.

As long as California continues to coddle illegals, build useless high speed trains and drives away corporate investment with outrageous taxes/regulations, it'll never see anything resembling "improvement".

Post #136

why are you people refusing experts ?

Because CS Monitor is not the experts. :lol:

The numbers are not from them.

the source is quoted

Post #137

About the Legislative Analyst's Office

what are you claiming this is NOT good news?

This is the source quoted

This is the source quoted

Please quote from that source where CA is the 7th largest economy.

Thankies.

I never claimed they did you fucking dishonest piece of rat shit

Yes you did, you lying paid poster.

Now quote your source to prove your claim.

Thankies.

As much as I would like to believe this (since CA is so important to the American economy), I don't buy it.

CA still has:
(1) One of the high REAL unemployment rates in the country
(2) They have a unfunded pension problem and like all liberal states south of WI, they are not fixing them
(3) They cheer about a projected budget deficit! That is like cheering for a your team to lose by a just a field-goal. However, these projects are misleading. They are based off a certain about of growth, that may or may not (or won't hit). The growth projects are significant if (or better) when they don't hit it that deficit project goes way up.
(4) Still rated worst schools in the country.
(5) Hospitals are having a harder time remaining the black.
(6) Flight from CA is still extremely high.
(7) Illegal immigration is bankrupting the hospitals, schools and social services, the problems aren't getting dealt with so the problem keep growing.
(8) Still ranked top 3 worst place to start or do. Whenever a large corp talks about opening a new plant, relocating or moving HQ the usually suspects are named: OH, TX, IN, NC, TN etc you never hear CA (they're not even considered).
(9) Cost of Living is still INSANE in CA. You have to make north of $150K to be considered middle class! Food, gas, utilities, property, taxes etc are all higher and out of control!
(10) Welfare and entitlement spending is still out of control with no chance of getting reduced.

CA has so many problems, the article you posted it pastes a rosey picture that is far from reality!

Then when Cali is leading the next boom they will shit all over her while they lap up the tax dollars that come their way.

How can anyone be so stupid as to vote republican

Truth....the other day on a PBS Radio Station 3 Economist from 3 different Universities said that if California does not change how they currently do things those Changes in the long run may not matter.....they are short term fixes....5 years from now it may not matter....

Truth is simply desperate to find someplace, ANYPLACE in the US where Liberal policies are working.

Then when Cali is leading the next boom they will shit all over her while they lap up the tax dollars that come their way.

How can anyone be so stupid as to vote republican

Truth....the other day on a PBS Radio Station 3 Economist from 3 different Universities said that if California does not change how they currently do things those Changes in the long run may not matter.....they are short term fixes....5 years from now it may not matter....

It's been obvious in the SF Bay Area that our economy is well on the mend and has been for over a year. Ignorant jerks are too dumb to look beyond one indicator - employment - which is why they post stupid comments over and over and over.

I think it takes an ignorant jerk to not include employment as an idicator unless that jerk is trying to hide something. SF metro area is ranked 229 out of 372 with an unemployment of 7.7%. Doesn't sound very robust to me....just better than most of the areas in the state.
Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas

Orange County right now has a lot of Construction going on.....but still 10% unemployment....and its supposed to be doing better than most of the State.....

Well Splatters if you wish to believe Cali is doing great then knock yourself out.

You'll learn how bad it is before you know it.

I know your gonna have a blast. LOL

I gave proof and facts to back my assertions.

You gave nothing but insult to back yours.

You have never been proven correct on any prediction Ive seen you make.

Why would anyone put any credence on your words?

why would anyone put credence in yours?.......remember when you told me Gov. Wilson stopped ALL Infrastructure projects in California when he was Gov.?.....you said this without a link to back you up......i showed you a link proving you were wrong.....Measure M was started when he took office and lasted his whole time he was in office and is still going today.....it is the biggest construction project in OC's history.....you fled the thread after that....why?.....didnt jell with your bullshit?.....

It's been obvious in the SF Bay Area that our economy is well on the mend and has been for over a year. Ignorant jerks are too dumb to look beyond one indicator - employment - which is why they post stupid comments over and over and over.

I think it takes an ignorant jerk to not include employment as an idicator unless that jerk is trying to hide something. SF metro area is ranked 229 out of 372 with an unemployment of 7.7%. Doesn't sound very robust to me....just better than most of the areas in the state.
Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas

Orange County right now has a lot of Construction going on.....but still 10% unemployment....and its supposed to be doing better than most of the State.....

Well if construction in your state is anything like in mine it means the illegals are gainfully employed but Americans not so much.

Just wait until California comes even close to a balanced budget... They'll only blow it on a ridiculously expensive Euro-inspired train. What motivation do Californians have for balancing their budget? The other 49 States (56 if you're Obama) will bail them out.

its about time .....most of the States have been riding on California's coat tails the last 30 or so years....just sayin.....

Look ate your selves in the mirror guys.

Here you are in a thread that gives a well respected source saying good things are happening to this big American state.

What do you people do?

deny the facts so you can HOPE your country suffers more.

Why?

for poltical gain.

You people suck ass
Why was prop 30 sold as an education fund, and how is an education prop going to save Ca. economy?
its not.....

We also have utterly stupid projects for no reason other than to waste "Obamabux." Have you seen the big freeway type digital signs on Tustin Ave? Do those have ANY purpose other than to suck up federal funds? They create zero jobs, the city dregs put them up, one sign every few months (Union rules, can't do more than one hour of actual work per week!) I can understand over by Disneyland, but in the Yorba Linda / Anaheim Hills area this is just stupid.

Forum List

Back