Here Are The Redacted Copies Of The Comey Memos

Once again, show me the FOIA request.

Section 3 of the APA, as enacted in 1946, gave agencies broad discretion concerning the publication of governmental records.

Section 3 of the APA, as enacted in 1946, gave agencies broad discretion concerning the publication of governmental records.

What part of that don't you understand?

At the time Comey shared the stolen memos he was not part of any government agency, he was fired and was not authorized to retain government property. What do you fail to understand about that.

I think you are very confused; Comey wrote and shared the memos while still FBI Director, including with the professor friend.

Comey already gave copies to himself under 3 CPA. As a private citizen he gave away copies of his copies. The FBI still retained the originals.

Damn, great exercise in circular logic, it won't go anywhere legally, but funny as hell. Thanks for the laugh.

Which part aren't you able to grasp. We know the FBI retained the Comey memo's since they provided copies of them to congress. So Comey didn't have the originals, he only retained a copy.
I think you’re incorrect; Comey just said last night on Maddow that he hadn’t seen the memos for a long time - I’m pretty sure that’s because he followed FBI rules and left them with the agency.

At the time Comey shared the stolen memos he was not part of any government agency, he was fired and was not authorized to retain government property. What do you fail to understand about that.

I think you are very confused; Comey wrote and shared the memos while still FBI Director, including with the professor friend.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, it doesn't comport with his testimony, but keep telling yourself that.

[
And those copies were illegally retained, they are just as much government property as the originals.

I got a copy of the US Constitution from a government employee. Can I legally retain it? like Comey did his memos? Or is the US Constitution government property that private citizen isn't allowed to have?

Please put a pot on your head to catch the brain exploding before answering.

I'm not going to entertain your deflections.

And, by releasing the memos to his professor friend, was there "secret" information in the memo that should not have been released? Is that why Congress recommended a criminal investigation of Comey?

And, by releasing the memos to his professor friend, was there "secret" information in the memo that should not have been released? Is that why Congress recommended a criminal investigation of Comey?
Again, again, AGAIN: Comey crafted a memo to his law professor friend that DID NOT CONTAIN classified info.

There seems to be great consistency between what Comey has already stated publicly and what is contained in his memos.

There are. But you are posting to a bunch of people who have their talking points, and they don't think. They just react.

I agree, but there are also people who care about facts and truth - including "guests" on this forum. This thread is not meant for brain-dead NaziCons who are wallowing in Trump's swamp.
anyone who disagrees with you is a nazi....one of the reasons so many here show you zero respect...

Comey already gave copies to himself under 3 CPA. As a private citizen he gave away copies of his copies. The FBI still retained the originals.

Damn, great exercise in circular logic, it won't go anywhere legally, but funny as hell. Thanks for the laugh.

Which part aren't you able to grasp. We know the FBI retained the Comey memo's since they provided copies of them to congress. So Comey didn't have the originals, he only retained a copy.
I think you’re incorrect; Comey just said last night on Maddow that he hadn’t seen the memos for a long time - I’m pretty sure that’s because he followed FBI rules and left them with the agency.

They keep saying Comey released the memos!

He had nothing to do with the release. Nunes, Gowdy and Goodlatte were threatening Rosenstein, acting Director if he did not turn them over, he did,dumped them. Then Republicans leaked them right away.

Thinking it would help Trump. Instead they proved what Comey was saying,wrote in his book,and testified to Congress.

Again, again, AGAIN: Comey crafted a memo to his law professor friend that DID NOT CONTAIN classified info.

Don't scold me. 11 House Republicans call for prosecutions of Clinton, Comey, Lynch, and others

Even if you take excerpts from a classified document, those excerpts remain classified regardless of their content until they are declassified by a proper authority. Comey was a civilian, he didn't have the authority to declassify even one word from a classified document.

The Department of Justice released copies of the so-called Comey memos to congressional leaders on Thursday. In the documents, the former FBI director detailed his early encounters with newly-minted President Donald Trump.

Journalists with The Associated Press and other news outlets obtained redacted copies of the letters, which can be seen below.

The memos were released just days after House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) threatened to subpoena the DOJ to obtain them. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had asked for more time to “evaluate the consequences” of their release on Monday.

Read redacted copies of the memos below:

More: Here Are The Redacted Copies Of The Comey Memos

See the 15 pages at the above link. There seems to be great consistency between what Comey has already stated publicly and what is contained in his memos.

Must hurt to post that and completely destroy the Russia collusion story.

Of course, you are right about it being consistent with his previous statements and you ignored the info then

Even if you take excerpts from a classified document, those excerpts remain classified regardless of their content until they are declassified by a proper authority. Comey was a civilian, he didn't have the authority to declassify even one word from a classified document.

Trying to explain this to you is as painful as teaching freshman composition to first year college students who only want to get drunk and fuck.

The memo that Comey wrote to his friend WAS NEVER CLASSIFIED. He wrote a different version for his friend than what he wrote to his FBI colleagues. Asking his friend to leak this UNCLASSIFIED memo was therefore NOT UNLAWFUL.

I find it rather funny how many people do not know that meetings with the POTUS by employees are classified secret from the moment they happen. Thus any contemporaneous notes are classified secret from the git-go.

Comey even possessing them outside his official duties would be a violation of the law until they were declassified. At the time they were sent to the professor they were classified secret. That time line would have to be verified however.

It is going to be truly interesting how this all plays out.

I find it rather funny how many people do not know that meetings with the POTUS by employees are classified secret from the moment they happen. Thus any contemporaneous notes are classified secret from the git-go.

Comey even possessing them outside his official duties would be a violation of the law until they were declassified. At the time they were sent to the professor they were classified secret. That time line would have to be verified however.

Uh, nope.

Trump's lawyer: Comey violated executive privilege. 10 legal experts: No, he didn't.

Trying to explain this to you is as painful as teaching freshman composition to first year college students who only want to get drunk and fuck.

The memo that Comey wrote to his friend WAS NEVER CLASSIFIED. He wrote a different version for his friend than what he wrote to his FBI colleagues. Asking his friend to leak this UNCLASSIFIED memo was therefore NOT UNLAWFUL.

And he used his original memos as the base documents, documents that belonged to the federal government, not him. He not only violated the law but his NDA as well.

Yep, it's obvious these internet lawyers have never held a security clearance.

Forum List

Back