Help!

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
My refrigerator has begun collecting water in the bottom, underneath the veggie keeper. ALOT of water. It has an auto-ice maker but it isn't hooked up.

Any idea why and how to make this stop? Thankies.

My refrigerator has begun collecting water in the bottom, underneath the veggie keeper. ALOT of water. It has an auto-ice maker but it isn't hooked up.

Any idea why and how to make this stop? Thankies.
The auto defroster relies on the water removed as frost from the freezer to be evaporated by the heat from the condenser. Try cleaning the line from the freezer and wiping off any dust/debris from the condenser.

Thankies dear! And where are these parts, may I ask?
Roll the fridge away from the wall and check out a tube coming from the base of the freezer section. In the meantime, take a good look at any coils or sections that look like wire grating across the back of the fridge. That should be cleared of any dust/debris.

Now, back to that tube. Make sure it is not blocked. Occasionally, there can be a nasty clog blocking flow. The tube should be able to be disconnected from the base of the freezer unit. Take it off and give a good blast of air down the tube clearing any blockage.

If that doesn't work, remove any panels from the base and back of the fridge. Careful! Those little screws tend to roll all over the place. Make sure all the drain tubing from the freezer is clear and all the surfaces at the base of your fridge concealed by that panel are clean.

Before you try any of this, unplug the fridge and let it sit for a half hour or so to avoid getting shocked or burned by any hot surfaces.

If none of this works, a repairman shouldn't charge you more than fifty buck to do the same troubleshooting.

Forum List

Back