Help with a phrase please

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Okay, you have two people or perhaps more than two it doesn't matter. You want to begin at beginning again....this is called hiding the hatchet? Yes or No?

It's something involving a hatchet I know this.

You must be thinking of the term "Hide the salami". That's a whole different thang. ;)

Some people will bury the hatchet, but mark the spot.

Actual historical case of murder.

Thank you and Two Thumbs for the stuff about Lizzie Borden, I saw a documentary about her once, scary stuff.

I have no idea then why I think about hiding the hatchet :eusa_doh:

Thank you and Two Thumbs for the stuff about Lizzie Borden, I saw a documentary about her once, scary stuff.

If someone said to you, "I would like to bury the hatchet with you" it sounds like hiding the hatchet but burying means you put down all hostilities

If someone said to you, "I would like to bury the hatchet with you" it sounds like hiding the hatchet but burying means you put down all hostilities

I love having an Iranian teach me about American Idioms.....

I love having an Iranian teach me about American Idioms.....

Huh? Dani is Iranian, I don't think he's made a comment yet.

Forum List

Back