help please...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
2018 honda pilot...belongs to fil..does not have a key only a fob...hubby is down east...they had to disconnect the battery to shut the car off...we have no clue how fil messed fob up but it wont stop the car off...how do we manage this? can the fob be reset somehow?

thanks

2018 honda pilot...belongs to fil..does not have a key only a fob...hubby is down east...they had to disconnect the battery to shut the car off...we have no clue how fil messed fob up but it wont stop the car off...how do we manage this? can the fob be reset somehow?

thanks
Your local Honda dealership should be able to help. It's not cheap tho...

Your local Honda dealership should be able to help. It's not cheap tho...

his father has dementia and should not be driving at all..apparently his father has messed the fob up ...fubared it ...problem with honda dealer...it will be daily i am afraid...

i will admit i did not know there were cars without keys...who knew?

1699450747812.png

Did anyone check the battery in the FOB?

WW

his father has dementia and should not be driving at all..apparently his father has messed the fob up ...fubared it ...problem with honda dealer...it will be daily i am afraid...

If the car has a place to put a key in, there is a key inside the FOB. They do this in case the battery in the FOB dies.

okay phoned ..there is a key in the fob but he cant find the dashboard key hole?

With keyless start there normally isn't a key hole to start the car. The key contained in the FOB is for manually unlocking the door, not for starting the car. With keyless start there is normally just an Engine Start/Stop push button.

WW

he has to go get a battery later today...he has my car so its not like they are without...i just hope he can get it fixed but then explaining it to his father over and over..they need to take the vehicles away with his drivers license ..i keep mentioning this to no avail

i have to do chores now....its already late...and i have not started trying to figure this mess out

his father tried to remove the battery posts with a screw driver....smh

Also, normally 2 FOBs come with the vehicle. Now if one is lost or damaged you could be down to one.

But if their is a second FOB the likelihood is there is a possibility the other FOB might still work. But for a 2018, if the battery has never been changed, that could be dead also.

But if it does work that will confirm the problem.

WW

Seriously? they've been pulling this BS for years. Supposed security device. Unbelievable what they do now because people keep buying the stuff. I've seen several people now screwed by these things when they get lost or stop working! Big money making scam by the dealers. Some cars now don't even have a place to put a key in them! Good luck.

thanks
You have to take the battery out (of the fob) and possibly replace it.

Garage door opener or computer battery might work. Match the numbers.

You have to take the battery out (of the fob) and possibly replace it.
Garage door opener or computer battery might work. Match the numbers.

Some of those fobs take an engineering degree to take apart.
Some of the Dealership/Car Brand fobs need a dealer to take them apart or can't be taken apart at all and need replaced by the dealer at some fantastic cost.

1 Ask your question on Facebook.
2 Search your problem on Youtube.
3 Call a Locksmith.
4 Call a dealership.

Some of those fobs take an engineering degree to take apart.
Some of the Dealership/Car Brand fobs need a dealer to take them apart or can't be taken apart at all and need replaced by the dealer at some fantastic cost.
If it's like the one in the video in this thread, it's doable.

Looks like the battery # is 2023.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back